Council could vote on Ricoh takeover as early as Tuesday (1 Viewer)

L

limoncello

Let's not jump to conclusions, people. Let's just wait until we get some more information before making our minds up.

Skybluechick

its absolutely disgusting where is every1 why isnt any1 fighting this! It's crazy its supposed to be a public asset why arent the councilors n cov city council being questioned about it thats cus all the idiots voted anne lucas back it she does what she wants makes me sick

Moff

Well Ann Lucas is showing her true colours. A 'fan' and i say that in the loosest of terms, that doesnt give a fekk about the club, nor its fans.

(Cue metltdown in support of good honest Ann)

jimmyhillsfanclub

But it is understood there is anger within Labour at the secretive way in which the deal has been handled by council leader Ann Lucas. Some Labour councillors feel any deal with Wasps should first be offered to the stadium’s current main sporting tenant - Coventry City FC - and others feel negotiations should be public.

Too bloody right.....

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
and yet it is stated that the consortium is struggling to finance it via the prospectus .......... so how does the council approve a deal three working days from now that hasn't actually been made yet and is apparently unable to be financed? :thinking about:

Otis

First step is simple. Sisu drop the legal proceedings. That has to be the very first step.

Any deal should be offered to Sisu first. That is bleeidn obvious, but why haven't our owners even said a single word on this matter?

Not a peep from them. Drop the legal stuff and come out and say you want to stay here. It's all very simple. They come out and say that and I will gladly fight their corner. If they still insist they are moving out anyway, then all I can say is, what's the point!

italiahorse

SISU get off your arse and drop the legal action and match the bid.

You are to blame for not taking up the options in your greedy push to get it on the cheap.
Not for the club but for your own financial gain.

However I see safeguards for the club in this bid and in my dreams it shows Sisu disappearing back to the City of London. :confused:

Warwickhunt

and yet it is stated that the consortium is struggling to finance it via the prospectus .......... so how does the council approve a deal three working days from now that hasn't actually been made yet and is apparently unable to be financed? :thinking about:
Perhaps the consortium are awaiting a response from the hedge fund to get the finances in place:whistle:

Warwickhunt

Do you think the Council will get to find out who the finaciers are for the consortium or is it a funny handshake and rolled up trouser leg brigade again

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Do you think the Council will get to find out who the finaciers are for the consortium or is it a funny handshake and rolled up trouser leg brigade again

I would think and hope they would require clear and unambiguous information on that front....... including proof of funds and source. You would hope they have learnt from the past wouldn't you. In which case that may well rule out any SISU entity involvement in the consortium.

If SISU/CCFC want it then I suggest they need to get their arses in gear pretty damn quick.

italiahorse

its absolutely disgusting where is every1 why isnt any1 fighting this! It's crazy its supposed to be a public asset why arent the councilors n cov city council being questioned about it thats cus all the idiots voted anne lucas back it she does what she wants makes me sick

.... because it is a public asset that's why Wasps are being considered.
Would you sell your house to someone who is also taking legal action against you to get it on the cheap?

It's in Sisu's hands.

chiefdave

Isn't this what the council have always said they would do? Consider any genuine offers for the stadium, sure they've stated that on more than one occasion.

A vote doesn't mean it is going to happen, I would have thought that was a standard process to follow. An offer is made and a vote on that offer is carried out. For those that live locally who are not in favour of it being sold to Wasps have any of you actually contacted your councillor and made your objections known, that would probably be the best way forward. They are, at least in theory, supposed to represent the area they were elected in so if enough people contact them and raise valid objections they would be answerable to them.

I just wish SISU would actually put an offer in. If they did that we might not have to worry about Wasps or anyone else buying the stadium.

bezzer

Tell him in person and you might persuade him to vote against it.
In fact whoever peoples Councillors are, this is exactly the right time to lobby him, or her.

He's an MP not a councilor so should hold no sway over the way the Council vote.

torchomatic

He's not a councillor, so he has no say.

Funny how he was speaking in the House about moving our club from the City yet supports moving Wasps 70 miles from where they are now! As hypocritcal as Lucas.

Tell him in person and you might persuade him to vote against it.
In fact whoever peoples Councillors are, this is exactly the right time to lobby him, or her.

torchomatic

Monners

All a bit of a mess really isn't it - can't see how this can be voted through if this amount of discord exists, and the bid isn't even ready of course.

(Still waiting for my lads JSB to be delivered by the way)

Limey

Behind the scenes there must be some action from SISU. Will they play a dangerous game of wait to see if the bid is opposed? The asking price is probably at peak right now. However if wasps were rebuffed.....

As a supporter I clearly hope not. I just want all this nonsense to go away and feel part of the long term future of the club. SISU please put in a decent offer!

sky blue john

I don't see what all the fuss is about ?
At the end of the day if Acl are sold its not going to effect CCFC they will just pay rent to a different landlord.

spider_ricoh

I'd be surpirsed if this happens, but I hope it does. It's not great for Wasps (though they are a nomadic club who have used the Ricoh before) , and certainly not for Cov Rugby, but as a CCFC fan my main concern is SISU - this will hasten SISU's exit and will secure the Ricoh from any chance of them buying it. From that point of view, I'm desperate for this to happen.

And I don't want to read any SISU fan boy posts about a new stadium; it won't happen so forget it.

J

Jack Griffin

I would think and hope they would require clear and unambiguous information on that front....... including proof of funds and source. You would hope they have learnt from the past wouldn't you. In which case that may well rule out any SISU entity involvement in the consortium.

If SISU/CCFC want it then I suggest they need to get their arses in gear pretty damn quick.

It has been suggested that this deal involves ARVO/SISU selling CCFC, I bloody hope so!
Overall I doubt anything substantial will happen prior to this JR situation being resolved.
Whatever happens there must be a place for CCFC at the Ricoh and I can't see the councillors voting to accept any deal that says otherwise, because that would be political suicide.

Last edited by a moderator:

torchomatic

Can't see the fuss in a team being moved twice as far as we were to Northampton?

At the end of the day if Acl are sold its not going to effect CCFC they will just pay rent to a different landlord.

bezzer

Italiahorse, go read the Telegraph article. Not only is he a c**t he's also a hypocrite.

Limey

Whilst the landlord still wants us. Also it will hardly be a ccfc ground. Can't see a Jimmy hill statue outside a wasps ground really....
The Ricoh could be a magnicent home of ccfc if we owned it.

Otis

I'd be surpirsed if this happens, but I hope it does. It's not great for Wasps (though they are a nomadic club who have used the Ricoh before) , and certainly not for Cov Rugby, but as a CCFC fan my main concern is SISU - this will hasten SISU's exit and will secure the Ricoh from any chance of them buying it. From that point of view, I'm desperate for this to happen.

And I don't want to read any SISU fan boy posts about a new stadium; it won't happen so forget it.

Why will it hasten Sisu's exit?

spider_ricoh

Why will it hasten Sisu's exit?

Because they are only interested in buying the Ricoh and this move will prevent that from happening. Once that's gone, there's no reason to sick around propping up a loss-making third tier football club.

Users who are viewing this thread