Coulibaly Returns to Bournemouth (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Citing personal reasons and that he won't be available for the remainder of his loan period. Poor signing imo and seems that we were just lumped with him as part of the Wilson deal. Same goes for Allsop. Disappointing that we just made do instead of getting off our arses and scouting potential open players of quality.

mattylad

He was one of those who had failed to impress SP on Sunday after the game. Got a feeling Tudgay will be next.

ajsccfc

If we've switched to 4-4-2 I thought he might be more prominent in the games to come, but you never know with the vagueness of 'personal reasons' really.

hill83

I'm not saying anything until LJC_CCFC let's me know if he was a good player or not.

skybluepm2

If we've switched to 4-4-2 I thought he might be more prominent in the games to come, but you never know with the vagueness of 'personal reasons' really.

I wonder if they were the same personal reasons as the Swansea lad who lasted a day? Hmmm..

skybluepm2

He could have been a good signing if he had been utilised properly.

Very true. SP praised the arse off him (shock) when he arrived. Looked half decent at Wycombe away in the cup but never got a run in the side mainly due in part to playing the stupid 5-3-2 formation which I now hope never returns!

I wonder who will be next? Tudgay? Jackson? Both absentees last night although we were restricted to 5 subs. SP needs to carry on his hard man act, he will be far more endearing to the fans. I think he has realised for the 1st time that his job may be on the line!

rupert_bear

We signed three Bournemouth cart horses on loan when they nicked Callum Wilson off us, did that affect the fee I wonder, probably a bit, don't expect any compensation though. Yet another wonderful piece of business from the one and only Steve Faggott

chiefdave

What a coincidence that these personal reasons occur right after SP has said some players are getting the boot!

Kingokings204

We signed three Bournemouth cart horses on loan when they nicked Callum Wilson off us, did that affect the fee I wonder, probably a bit, don't expect any compensation though. Yet another wonderful piece of business from the one and only Steve Faggott

Steve faggott haha brilliant. So simple and never thought of it.

Yes quite obviously another disaster and sooner he went the better. Bigger question is who is next? Someone is going to go

KersleyDigs

I take it we will get some money back then?!

If this is part of the Wilson deal, then Coulibaly being with us till Jan had a monetary value placed on it. If he has decided to leave due to personal reasons (not being arsed possibly), then we should ask for some compensation!

Hobo

He could have been a good signing if he had been utilised properly.

I would be cautious to say that, as I don't see him train everyday.

But looking at his appearance record, before joining us, I wonder whether it is the case he doesn't utilise his own ability enough. This was a chance for him to kick start his career, that has spluttered along for a number of years.

Same with Barton coming here, it was a great chance. But he failed to perform and he went out of favour and rightly so, He then got another chance and Worcester really was a chance for him to shine. Yet again he displayed that he appears to lack a real competitive streak. Despite having certain skills you can't carry players like him.

StevieM

I didn't think that Barton played too bad last night. Still lots of room for improvement mind but a step in the right direction.

That's the trouble with Barton "he didn't play too bad" but I'm still waiting for him to prove that he has commitment to the cause and demonstrates some fire in his belly. I wont be holding my breath though.

blend

The 3 loan players were included in the Wilson deal for a reason, to say we were scrabbling around for players to join a much depleted squad maybe a little unfair. I doubt that we are paying them anything towards their wages, it's the type of arrangement you see between parent and feeder clubs, not that I am suggesting that we are that to Bournemouth.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Only thing he had In his favour was pace, and when we played him we didn't utilise it. But then again, can you really get the best out of a player who's played out of position? I think not.

Injury record wasn't great though and would have affected his chances of getting a game

LJC_CCFC

I'm not saying anything until LJC_CCFC let's me know if he was a good player or not.

Saw enough from him to suggest he could have been effective in this division (And from what Bournemouth fans said). The fact Pressley would rather play Fleck on the left wing does perhaps speak volumes about Coulibaly...or Pressley is a 24 carat plonker and can't see that a bit of pace on the wing is always going to be a better option than Flecky slowly jaunting up and down the left side, when in reality he should be dictating play in central midfield.

10 banter points to my man Hill btw.

ba14e38fbdb6104101e69bba49cf3e45.jpg

Grendel

Lad is creative and would do a good job in a 4-4-2 or just behind the strikers

It's the sane problem as Barton. The modern game dictates all players need to be effective off the ball as well as when then are in possession.

He actually made Barton look good in that department. He was seriously poor.

It's the same as when fans drooled over Kevin Thornton. For 90% of the game he will contribute nothing.

CJ_covblaze

Before he made a City appearance he'd played 18 times in his career and not scored a goal. Not brilliant for someone who's 25 especially as he made 8 of those in the previous season. However an optimist would suggest that Bournemouth and others have seen something in him and/or he's been blighted with injuries.

letsallsingtogether

Before he made a City appearance he'd played 18 times in his career and not scored a goal. Not brilliant for someone who's 25 especially as he made 8 of those in the previous season. However an optimist would suggest that Bournemouth and others have seen something in him and/or he's been blighted with injuries.
Funny mentioned this in another thread was told I know nothing about football?

Glad I was wrong and he was brilliant.

johnwillomagic

Thank goodness we did get Allsopp in my opinion give the lad a break the alternative is Burge for gods sake!! Or Mr conference keeper as I will know him as
for the future.

skybluetom

Another poor signing by Pressley. He told us he'd improved his scouting network after admitting last season's signings were poor, we're yet to see it I think it's fair to say.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Another poor signing by Pressley. He told us he'd improved his scouting network after admitting last season's signings were poor, we're yet to see it I think it's fair to say.

Tbf I'll let him off with the Bournemouth players as I'm not sure how much input he had.

The signings of Tudgay, Jackson, Pugh, Miller and Swanson have been far more disappointing although tbh not all of them had a chance due to injuries or selection so a couple of them may prove to be useful

cherrybomber

As a Bournemouth fan I spoke with some of you as soon as our three had signed on loan for you guys. Really disappointed that none of them have gone on and seized the opportunity.

Allsop was always a bit flappy and had his confidence shot when we got hammered away in the Championship at the start of last season by 5 and 6 odd goals. He clearly hasn't recovered from that.

Coulibaly has played so few games throughout his career it almost defies belief that he is still managing to continue as a player given his age. Having his loan cancelled must suggest an attitude problem or something?

McQuoid, again has thrived off a purple patch many moons ago and is really a lower league 1 striker who might, just might snag 12-15 goals a season if you played him over 46 games. Thing with McQuoid though he is so lacklustre, and does not inspire much confidence.

Some players who we aren't playing who could do much better would be Shaun McDonald (defensive/ holding midfielder), Matt Tubbs would probably bag 20 a season as a striker. Baily Cargill, (recently played England U20 centreback)

Could probably name a good 5 or 6 players who could certainly do much better than the current three you have, but seeing as we are still in the League cup, some of the players who wouldn't perhaps get near the first team in the league are now still involved in the cup. Had we been smashed out of the cup earlier then there would have been a plethora of talent looking to go down a league for game time.

LJC_CCFC

As a Bournemouth fan I spoke with some of you as soon as our three had signed on loan for you guys. Really disappointed that none of them have gone on and seized the opportunity.

Allsop was always a bit flappy and had his confidence shot when we got hammered away in the Championship at the start of last season by 5 and 6 odd goals. He clearly hasn't recovered from that.

Coulibaly has played so few games throughout his career it almost defies belief that he is still managing to continue as a player given his age. Having his loan cancelled must suggest an attitude problem or something?

McQuoid, again has thrived off a purple patch many moons ago and is really a lower league 1 striker who might, just might snag 12-15 goals a season if you played him over 46 games. Thing with McQuoid though he is so lacklustre, and does not inspire much confidence.

Some players who we aren't playing who could do much better would be Shaun McDonald (defensive/ holding midfielder), Matt Tubbs would probably bag 20 a season as a striker. Baily Cargill, (recently played England U20 centreback)

Could probably name a good 5 or 6 players who could certainly do much better than the current three you have, but seeing as we are still in the League cup, some of the players who wouldn't perhaps get near the first team in the league are now still involved in the cup. Had we been smashed out of the cup earlier then there would have been a plethora of talent looking to go down a league for game time.

Would take McDonald in a heartbeat

Users who are viewing this thread