Could the Ricoh be expanded? (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Those who are saying we would still have poor crowds in the Premiership, I don't agree whatsoever. The last time we were anywhere near the top of the Championship was when we played Leeds United, when Aidy Boothroyd was in charge. Think if we would have won the game we had the chance of getting into the Play-Offs, this still being in October the attendance was around 28,000. That tiny sniff of success brings out a crowd like that, can you imagine if we won the Championship?

Look at Stoke City, the season before they got promoted they were averaging 16,000 in the Championship. Now they are selling out every week at 28,000. The fanbase of both Stoke and ourselves are of a similar fickle sensibility, give the public success on the pitch and they crowds will come.
We would sell out for the big clubs, I don't think we would sell out when the likes of Stoke and Wigan come to the Ricoh.

Joy Division

We would sell out for the big clubs, I don't think we would sell out when the likes of Stoke and Wigan come to the Ricoh.

I think you are correct, I don't think we'd get 32,000 gates for those kind of teams but don't think they would be as poor as some people are suggesting.

mrtickle

In the ridiculously unlikely scenario whereby we rise up the leagues and need an increase in capacity AND can get agreement from the stadium owners, AND have the funding....would it be possible to add capacity to the Ricoh?

Some stadiums (stadia?) are built specifically with the idea of adding extra tiers onto the existing tiers at a future date - was this done when the Ricoh was constructed?
I remember going to a fans forum when the Ricoh was built. The very same question was asked to the loudest laugh you have ever heard by the audience. The answer was no!

Users who are viewing this thread