Could ACL / The Council be buying CCFC out? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If SISU are on their way out, could ACL or the council be taking us over? Would make sense ;)

Grendel

If SISU are on their way out, could ACL or the council be taking us over? Would make sense ;)

It would. We would have to run as a break even company and fans would end up with what they want and deserve.

CJparker

It would. We would have to run as a break even company and fans would end up with what they want and deserve.

What is it that we "deserve"? Sounds like you angry at our fans for rounding on your friends SISU.

It sounds like a wholly sensible solution to me - in fact, it is my ideal scenario in the short term.

Otis

We would also have one bloke with a shovel and 5 others standing around watching him.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

chiefdave

that would make sense but I've yet to see anyone show how the club can be run to break even. remember what happened last season when slashed the budget to try and break even. could ACL continue to fund losses?

Grendel

What is it that we "deserve"? Sounds like you angry at our fans for rounding on your friends SISU.

It sounds like a wholly sensible solution to me - in fact, it is my ideal scenario in the short term.

Oh it will be great. No losing £6 million a year so the players budget slashed no one capable of making an instant commercial decision every potential transfer taking so long none will ever happen.

I hope it does it would be hilarious. A milkman with the intellectual capacity of a pint of semi skimmed at the helm. Bring it on. I'm serious.

CJparker

Oh it will be great. No losing £6 million a year so the players budget slashed no one capable of making an instant commercial decision every potential transfer taking so long none will ever happen.

I hope it does it would be hilarious. A milkman with the intellectual capacity of a pint of semi skimmed at the helm. Bring it on. I'm serious.

What I don't get is that your post implies that the fans are responsible for the club's problems - I amazed at how you seem keen to blame everyone except SISU. So far I have counted you blaming:
ACL
Coventry City Council
Higgs Charity Trust
Previous regimes of CCFC
Andy Thorn
Chris Coleman
The fans

I may be missing some on your hitlist, but those seem to be at the top of it. Take of the sky blue spectacles for a minute and you will see that the only party to blame for the current state of affairs is SISU.

Our overwhelming priority now as fans is to support any measure to get them out, regardless of consequences other than the club going under (which will almbost certainly not happen - no 92 club member in 19 years has folded). If that means further pressure on the club, such as winding up orders by ACL, protests at the schools of SISU's employees kids, fans peacefully protesting outside the homes of CCFC directors - anything legal I would consider. They must be made to realise that we want them out and that they are unwelcome in our city.

Grendel

What I don't get is that your post implies that the fans are responsible for the club's problems - I amazed at how you seem keen to blame everyone except SISU. So far I have counted you blaming:
ACL
Coventry City Council
Higgs Charity Trust
Previous regimes of CCFC
Andy Thorn
Chris Coleman
The fans

I may be missing some on your hitlist, but those seem to be at the top of it. Take of the sky blue spectacles for a minute and you will see that the only party to blame for the current state of affairs is SISU.

Our overwhelming priority now as fans is to support any measure to get them out, regardless of consequences other than the club going under (which will almbost certainly not happen - no 92 club member in 19 years has folded). If that means further pressure on the club, such as winding up orders by ACL, protests at the schools of SISU's employees kids, fans peacefully protesting outside the homes of CCFC directors - anything legal I would consider. They must be made to realise that we want them out and that they are unwelcome in our city.

Did you protect outside joe Elliot's house when they ran up £50 million of debt?

CJparker

Did you protect outside joe Elliot's house when they ran up £50 million of debt?

(Sighs)

No. Should I have done? Genuine question.

Genuine question 2? How come you are so devoted to defending SISU, given that under their 5-year rule they have racked up another £40m of debt?

Grendel

(Sighs)

No. Should I have done? Genuine question.

Genuine question 2? How come you are so devoted to defending SISU, given that under their 5-year rule they have racked up another £40m of debt?

I'm not. They are no worse than all owners over the last 30 years with the exception of Poynton. Question is what on earth have they do e to you to make you think so irrationally.

CJparker

I'm not. They are no worse than all owners over the last 30 years with the exception of Poynton. Question is what on earth have they do e to you to make you think so irrationally.

OK fair point. I do admit to developing an increasingly irrational anger, maybe even hatred, towards them. Perhaps because of the level that our club has sunk to, during their rule.

You can argue that things were as bad under BR, or maybe worse. That's possibly true. But still doesn't explain why you keep defending them, apparently uncritically and automatically.

I for one think that there are great dangers in SISU leaving, but I can't see any way the club can succeed under their rule. Solely on the basis that "something always turns up", as it has for every troubled league club since 1994, I am happy to take a chance and boot them out, enter a brave new world and see what happens. Scary but exciting.

Since we seem to be having a civilised exchange (for once), can I ask how well you know TF, if you were being serious the other day when you said you'd phoned him at the height of the stupid "TF quits" Twitter fiasco?

Grendel

OK fair point. I do admit to developing an increasingly irrational anger, maybe even hatred, towards them. Perhaps because of the level that our club has sunk to, during their rule.

You can argue that things were as bad under BR, or maybe worse. That's possibly true. But still doesn't explain why you keep defending them, apparently uncritically and automatically.

I for one think that there are great dangers in SISU leaving, but I can't see any way the club can succeed under their rule. Solely on the basis that "something always turns up", as it has for every troubled league club since 1994, I am happy to take a chance and boot them out, enter a brave new world and see what happens. Scary but exciting.

Since we seem to be having a civilised exchange (for once), can I ask how well you know TF, if you were being serious the other day when you said you'd phoned him at the height of the stupid "TF quits" Twitter fiasco?

I don't know Tim fisher at all. I was illustrating how easy it was to create a rumour via social media.

I have no interest in sisu other than they own the club. Also I have always been of the opinion the rental arrangement has anyways been unfair in the extreme and if this can be broken we may have a future.

CJparker

What concerns me is the focus on the rent - whatever anyone's view, the fact remains that we lose upwards of £4m per year, and the rent is barely a quarter of this. So even if we get to play rent-free, we are still nowhere near being a sustainable business enterprise.

mrtickle

ACL
Coventry City Council
Higgs Charity Trust
Previous regimes of CCFC
Andy Thorn
Chris Coleman
The fans

I think the previous owners including a certain mr Robinson still need to shoulder a large chunk of the blame.

Perryccfc

Might be wrong but I didn't think a council was allowed to have a direct affiliation with a football club? I maybe absolutely miles off the mark but I'm sure I read that somewhere

Skyblue4u

If ACL buy us out then CCFC will own the Ricoh so it's a win win situation for us. Sadly I can't see it happening thus side of the 21st century

Users who are viewing this thread