Contracts (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Jermaine Grandison has extended his contract with the Sky Blues until 2011 and Shaun Jeffers has put pen to paper on his first professional 1 year contract.

Do you think we should instead be dealing with players such as Dimi Konstantopoulos, Stephen Wright, Clinton Morrison & Elliott Ward? All these players are out of contract, and are free to look elsewhere if they don't want to wait for the new manager.

Do you think Ranson's right in taking his time looking for a manager, or do you feel it's putting the club in an awkward position?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
As an ex-player himself I think Ranson has enough in him to judge whether Grandison and Jeffers are worthy of new contracts otherwise they would be gone to free up some money. I think Grandison is definetely worthy, not too sure about Jeffers I haven't seen enough of him. At the same time he knows they are not going to be regular first teamers so whoever now comes in as manager wouldn't be under pressure to play them because Ranson kept them on.

Ward isn't going to stay unless he accepts a big wage cut and I'm not sure if the deal with West Ham would run over into his new contract in terms of payments for appearances.... I always did like Wardy but can't see him staying so let him go.

As for Dimi, Morrison and Wright I don't think we will miss these players massively. The new manager might give Dimi and Morrison a look in but I can't see them featuring in the starting 11 too much especially if Westy stays. Dimi is a super back up keeper and I'd like to see Morrison as 1 of 4 strikers if he can accept being benched most of the time. Obviously Morrison has to look after number 1 but I didn't like his comments about messing the club around so I wouldn't be too upset if he went but at times when there was nothing to play for he was the only player to play with a bit of pride and passion so fair play to him. I can see Morrison looking for a London based club now, he never did want to come back to the Midlands.

Although I want to know who the new manager is going to be like RIGHT NOW I think Ranson is right to take his time, the guy knows what he is doing, have faith.

SuperFred

Ranson is probably waiting for the new manager to come before handing out contracts as he might not like the players.

Sky Blue Luke

Morrison is the only one there I'm too bothered about.

Happy with Grandison, hopefully when Barnett goes back he gets some more apps.

And I've not seen Jeffers much but giving him a 1 year contract can't be too risky.

Users who are viewing this thread