Contracts 2023/24 (3 Viewers)

MAFF

Doing the rounds that we are in negotiations with Gus

CoventryLive understands that the club have already begun talks with Gyokeres and Hamer. There’s less urgency with O’Hare due to his long-term injury, but that doesn’t mean City won’t be targeting him in due course.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

CoventryLive understands that the club have already begun talks with Gyokeres and Hamer. There’s less urgency with O’Hare due to his long-term injury, but that doesn’t mean City won’t be targeting him in due course.
If true at least it shows they are planning properly. If they can get them on a new contract brilliant. If not at least they can sell them while they still have a good value.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Updated with Allen’s new deal. Can’t see any more getting an extension other than the big three now.
Probably right. Burroughs, Rus and Dabo have +1's. Maybe Rose so MR has the security of knowing he has at least 2 CB's signed up for next year.

Frostie

Personally, I think the churn in one summer is far too great especially with a new recruitment team.
Robins likes players he knows & trusts hence the new deal for Allen. I'd expect Rose & Dabo to get extended.

Boosh

Personally, I think the churn in one summer is far too great especially with a new recruitment team.
Robins likes players he knows & trusts hence the new deal for Allen. I'd expect Rose & Dabo to get extended.

Yeah I think so too, Robins clearly likes Dabo and if we don’t sign Rose we’ll be trying to sign 4 new centre halves.

fernandopartridge

I'd heard a rumour about some indiscipline on the former's part which was so bad that Robins had said he wouldn't play for the club again unless we were desperate, though given his recent appearance I am doubting it...

shmmeee

I think I’m an ideal world I’d like to see McNally signed, Doyle back on loan, a 28/29 year old Fadz type brought in, and a young CB we can develop. Not sure that leaves room for Rose as well.

long way home

I can see MR going back in for Creswell and trying to sign McNally. I think Man City will be open to sending Doyle out again and we seem to be a good fit for him like many other young players from big clubs.

Rose and Dabo are both a coin toss for me i honestly believe we can get better in Dabo position. While Rose is a decent player im just not sure he is the type to be happy sitting on his hands of a weekend and being quiet about it.

Kilclines curly mullet

Rose and Dabo (when played) are well off the quality required for a proper push at promotion. Squad players at very best.

Rose hasn’t developed half as much as promised and Dabo has a good game every now and then but has mostly been poor for a while now

Still, wouldn’t surprise me if we offered new contracts, Robins alluded today that the players who have come on the journey over the past few years are vital within the camp.

Matt smith

Rose and Dabo (when played) are well off the quality required for a proper push at promotion. Squad players at very best.

Rose hasn’t developed half as much as promised and Dabo has a good game every now and then but has mostly been poor for a while now

Still, wouldn’t surprise me if we offered new contracts, Robins alluded today that the players who have come on the journey over the past few years are vital within the camp.
I’d rather keep rose than dabo

dabo isn’t good enough anymore

SBAndy

I can see MR going back in for Creswell and trying to sign McNally. I think Man City will be open to sending Doyle out again and we seem to be a good fit for him like many other young players from big clubs.

Rose and Dabo are both a coin toss for me i honestly believe we can get better in Dabo position. While Rose is a decent player im just not sure he is the type to be happy sitting on his hands of a weekend and being quiet about it.

I wonder if we persist with the 5 at the back if we get a decent RB. It’s served us well but maybe time for change?

Edit: my ideal is that we can flex between the two but it can be tricky.

shmmeee

I wonder if we persist with the 5 at the back if we get a decent RB. It’s served us well but maybe time for change?

Always a fan of 4231, if we keep hold of Hamer especially.

long way home

MR will get or keep as many options open to him as possible with his squad. He needs players that can play multiple roles, we have already seen Eccles, Allen, Sheaf extended who all have played multiple positions for us. I don't see that changing in the recruitment side of things if anything i just see him trying to bring in more quality than we have in the same system.

I still think we will see a few surprises come our way when the window opens. And looking forward to seeing how we improve the squad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread