Contracts 2023/24 (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Added Goddens extension. Thinking about adding player ages at the start of this season/end of their contract as well as I think it’s relevant. But may just be looking for things to avoid doing work.
Do it
You don’t fancy the first team analyst post??

Grendel

shmmeee

Removed Hamer

Sad Homer Simpson GIF

shmmeee

Another joins the 2027 crew.

3+ years team:

Collins (26)
Thomas (22) Latibeaudiere (23) Kitching (23)
MvE (22) Sheaf (25) Eccles (23) Dasilva (25)
Sakamoto (26)
Simms (22) Wright (25)

Plus Moore (17)

Not bad

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

Another joins the 2027 crew.

3+ years team:

Collins
Thomas Latibeaudiere Kitching
MvE Sheaf Eccles Dasilva
Sakamoto
Simms Wright

Not bad
Now that’s a really strong base to build from !! Well done CCFC

BlueSkiesForever

Can we work on getting O'Hare to agree a new deal now please, would rather not wait till he hits form and has other clubs eyeing him up with only a few months remaining on his deal
Absolutely, I didn’t even realise he only has a year left on his contract, what’s happened there? Basically going on a free next year then, seems odd they’ve not managed to get him to sign a new contract tbf.

Evo1883

Updated as of 1st Sept 2023.

Current contract expiry dates for our pro squad.

Fadz - 2024
S Moore - 2024
O’Hare - 2024
Kelly - 2024

Costello - 2024
Lusala - 2024
Obikwu - 2024
Bell - 2024

Godden - 2025
Rus - 2025
Burroughs - 2025
Howley - 2025
Eghosa- 2025
Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025
Tavares - 2025
Wilson - 2025
Tyler - 2025

Allen - 2025 +1 yr option

Collins - 2026
Sheaf - 2026
Sakamoto - 2026
I Moore - 2026

Eccles - 2027
Dasilva - 2027
Simms - 2027
Latibeaudiere - 2027
Thomas - 2027
van Ewijk - 2027
Wright - 2027
Kitching - 2027

Unknown - guess:
Stretton - 2024
De Trolio - 2025
Andrews - 2024

Any corrections/additions welcome
We're doing much better

SHUNT31

Absolutely, I didn’t even realise he only has a year left on his contract, what’s happened there? Basically going on a free next year then, seems odd they’ve not managed to get him to sign a new contract tbf.
I would imagine this is something that will get done. It’s in everybody’s interest that he at least signs a 1 year extension. Club may hold option of further year?

wingy

Who were the lads from Southend we were interested in , someone's just had their contract cancelled unable to agree a New one?

slowpoke

Who were the lads from Southend we were interested in , someone's just had their contract cancelled unable to agree a New one?
Interesting times ahead I’m sure Robins will pursue a lot of his wishful players for our first team and also some 18/19/20 year old bargain buys, we are short of them interesting times ahead. I reckon this time next year our first team squad we be a quite different.

mmttww

A big turnover likely next summer:

Godden - 2025
Rus - 2025
Burroughs - 2025
Howley - 2025
Eghosa- 2025
Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025
Tavares - 2025
Wilson - 2025
Tyler - 2025
Obikwu - 2025

I'll be surprised if Tavares and Godden are still here after this season. Wilson might as well see out his contract unless we upgrade on Collins.

Bidwell will be 32 and imagine he'll move on. Palmer will be 28 and you'd want him to play 30 odd games this season and next to be worth keeping.

Wonder how we'll handle it. Promote a few Academy players. Pick up a few Da Silva, Latibeaudiere-type freebies. Plan for a big sale and reinvest.

You'd think we'd have seen enough of Howley, Burroughs, Andrews and Obikwu by then to know if they'll have a role here. Who do we think will?

slowpoke

Godden - 2025
Rus - 2025
Burroughs - 2025
Howley - 2025
Eghosa- 2025
Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025
Tavares - 2025
Wilson - 2025
Tyler - 2025
Obikwu - 2025

I'll be surprised if Tavares and Godden are still here after this season. Wilson might as well see out his contract unless we upgrade on Collins.

Bidwell will be 32 and imagine he'll move on. Palmer will be 28 and you'd want him to play 30 odd games this season and next to be worth keeping.

Wonder how we'll handle it. Promote a few Academy players. Pick up a few Da Silva, Latibeaudiere-type freebies. Plan for a big sale and reinvest.

You'd think we'd have seen enough of Howley, Burroughs, Andrews and Obikwu by then to know if they'll have a role here. Who do we think will?
Interestingly all the above even Palmer could be moved on and not missed, I say Palmer wouldn’t be missed because we don’t get enough games or consistency from him, if he plays like he did the other night against Sheffield Wednesday he’s first name on the team sheet for me but as I say its inconsistent even during a game you can wonder where he has gone.

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Godden - 2025
Rus - 2025
Burroughs - 2025
Howley - 2025
Eghosa- 2025
Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025
Tavares - 2025
Wilson - 2025
Tyler - 2025
Obikwu - 2025

Don't think we have yet seen enough of Obikwu. The fact he has a loan at a league club suggests we rate him but so far Grimsby aren't giving him enough minutes to show what he can do.

I think Burroughs has done enough to be part of the squad, Howley I'm less certain about.

Mucca Mad Boys

Godden - 2025
Rus - 2025
Burroughs - 2025
Howley - 2025
Eghosa- 2025
Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025
Tavares - 2025
Wilson - 2025
Tyler - 2025
Obikwu - 2025

There’s only 3 first team regulars there and I doubt that Godden will stay beyond this season.

He will want to play regular first team football at this stage of his career.

NorthernWisdom

Don't think we have yet seen enough of Obikwu. The fact he has a loan at a league club suggests we rate him but so far Grimsby aren't giving him enough minutes to show what he can do.

I think Burroughs has done enough to be part of the squad, Howley I'm less certain about.
Howley's been injured quite a lot, so his lack of playing is at least not just down to form.

Probably needs to go out again though, and probably hard to win a new contract from afar.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Looking here we’re losing 3 on a free for sure but only 1 of them is a top player for us, 1 was an amazing servant, and 1 was a real mystery what happened to him, out of the players out of contract in 25 I can see us looking to sell if not have to release
Godden
Allen
Tavares
And we’ll retain
Bidwell (2 year + option 1 year)
Wilson (2 year)
Palmer (3 year)

Users who are viewing this thread