Contact CBS ref. Their sponsorship (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

I would guess a lot of us have some form of account with Coventry Building Society. So as members of a mutual organisation contact them asking them to withdraw their sponsorship funding until the pitch issue is resolved satisfactorily.

Frank Sidebottom

I would imagine Coventry Building Society are already considering doing this themselves anyway. I suspect part of their sponsorship deal involves the football club actually playing there. They certainly won't be happy with all the negative press regarding an unfit playing surface at an arena with their name plastered all over it.
There's around 7 articles on the BBC Sport website alone that have the words "Coventry Building Society Arena" and "Unsafe pitch" in the same sentence.... I don't think that's the kind of exposure they're paying for and they'll be letting Wasps know that.

Colin Steins Smile

I wrote to the CEO Steve Hughes and well done to Coventry Building Society, I received a response today from their head of communications it reads:

"Steve is currently out of the office so I’m replying on his behalf and will talk to him about your email when he’s back in.

Whilst I understand the sentiment, I don’t think withdrawing support would help resolve the situation. We clearly want the Arena to be a success for all of those who use it and I think we, and other partners, want this to happen as positively and quickly as possible.

Yours sincerely

Richard

Richard Field, Head of Communications, Coventry Building Society"

skyblu3sk

What I'd say is I wouldn't try and flood his inbox as it would be flooded enough already as Ceo. I'd trust Richard will have a chat with Steve when he returns it's not like he'd be oblivious to the scenario having put on busses for the cup match. I doubt CBS would stump up for a new pitch unless it was taken from any money owed to Wasps (opinion could be wrong). Steve is a straight talker as you'd expect at CEO level and has prior knowledge of stadium sponsorship deals having led Principality to sponsor the old millennium stadium in Cardiff so hopefully will be able to have a decent conversion with Wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread