Conspiracy number 206 What league 1 means to SISU (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

What did relegation mean to SISU

1) It has given them justification to cut wages, release players and sell our best players

2) Wages and costs of running the club will come down more than the cost of a drop in
attendances

3) Fans will still turn up hoping Coventry will be a big fish and will be successful

4) Away fans will travel to experience the Ricoh and see there team take on Cov

5) Strengthens the argument against the rent, 100k a month is ridiculous for league 1

6) Ensures it is less likely someone will express an interest in buying Coventry on the
cheap. Other interested parties weakens SISU's negotiations with the council. If
other people are sniffing around their threats become diluted as there are
alternatives. However potential investors may not want to be associated with a
league 1 club as they dream about the prem as quick as possible.

7) SISU can threaten the future of the club using the drop to league one as part of the
excuse. Claiming poverty as a result of the drop whilst they are still able to buy half
the arena

rob9872

As long as we have 11 players on the pitch who are paid less than the income generated or a breakeven position they dont care. It matters not which league we are in, who the players are or if they are only paid £100 a week. The view to me now seems clear. They want the income streams and are certain they can make that area pay. At break even the football side will look after itself and in fact lower gates will mean lower costs, lower policing and other associated matchday costs. I believe now that this is all about the stadium. I don't think that was always the case as they would have used the available finance when they first took over and had much greater credibility, but have moved the goalposts when they realised that we were never going to the promised land on a shoestring budget.

kepit 2 yusen

I still believe letting Sisu anywhere near the arena is madness. I agree, it's perfectly obvious why they are still around, and it's not for the club. I really hope the council etc ignore Sisu's threats to destroy the club and dont bow down to them. There are no other obvious investors waiting in the wings but giving them half the Ricoh will only cause more problems in the long term for the club. I don't believe it will achieve anything except keep those rats in the city for longer. Getting rid of Sisu is like trying to find a cure for cancer. Everytime I read about them, my blood pressure rises, I just wish that they would pack their bags and go, one way or another we will manage without.

Users who are viewing this thread