Conor Thomas offered chance to train and impress (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just read that if he doesn't find another club he can train with CCFC during pre season and then if he impresses they aren't ruling out a contract for him (if we haven't found anybody).

Sounds a bit like they feel sorry for him. We need a proper clearout, if people are going then let them go without all of this let them train with us stuff.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/conor-thomas-offered-chance-train-11341045

Last edited:

covcity4life

bit of an misleading headline compared to the article. seems chances are still extremly slim of him rejoining

shy_tall_knight

Has had over a year to try and impress TM but failed so I doubt he will be considered. Still think he could have been a great holding midfielder in the Michael Carrick mould but his confidence is shot.

MalcSB

I think this is a case of him coming to the end of a well paid contract. TM not prepared to offer a new one bearing any relation to the old one, and so doesn't renew. If CT gets a contract elsewhere then good for him, if not he may be worth offering a deal on greatly reduced terms with the agents having little or no leverage. He may be a good squad member on the right terms!

Same really goes for Reda, if no other takers a pay as you play deal would be more appealing than nothing.

Shakeitup

I think Coventry have always been quite good at letting players train with the club to get/maintain fitness. (Apart from the infamous bomb squad!)

It could also be a way of driving down any potential future contract.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I think this is a case of him coming to the end of a well paid contract. TM not prepared to offer a new one bearing any relation to the old one, and so doesn't renew. If CT gets a contract elsewhere then good for him, if not he may be worth offering a deal on greatly reduced terms with the agents having little or no leverage. He may be a good squad member on the right terms!

Same really goes for Reda, if no other takers a pay as you play deal would be more appealing than nothing.
I liked this for the comments about CT..... but I disagree about Reda.....more trouble than he's worth......get shot.

chiefdave

Imagine they'd do the same for most of the released players. Unless someone is a disruptive influence there's no harm in it.

Hobo

TM was impressed with his pre season then he picked up a couple of injuries and seemed to disappear. I think he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

chiefdave

There's no difference between this and the reda article.

Indeed, and if you read Mowbray's actual quotes he's not really saying he's giving them a chance to impress and win a contract. Just that if they aren't sorted they can train with us so they get a pre-season and maintain fitness.

bawtryneal

Its that time of the year when must be tough being a football reporter for the CT. Its just a bit of a nothing story really just to fill the back page
You would have thought they could find something to write about Wasps ;)

Warwickhunt

Just read that if he doesn't find another club he can train with CCFC during pre season and then if he impresses they aren't ruling out a contract for him (if we haven't found anybody).

Sounds a bit like they feel sorry for him. We need a proper clearout, if people are going then let them go without all of this let them train with us stuff.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/conor-thomas-offered-chance-train-11341045
Sounds like we can offer you a contract but not on the salary you are on so by default your contract will terminate, however if you cannot find another club who will match your current salary you can always come back to us and sign

Users who are viewing this thread