Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (1 Viewer)

Grendel

To teams in our division and above, by a top side in the division above.

He had a record of better than 1 in 3 for a team that was top of our league.

Are you just trolling as usual or are you that bad at comparisons?

What on Earth are you talking about - the poster compared this players record to McNulty - Chaplin has started 25 games in his whole career and his goals per minutes on the pitch cannot be any different to McNulty before we signed him which is average by any comparison.

McNulty wasn’t even playing for Portsmouth when top of the league.

Are you drunk? You really are making less sense than normal.

Limey

Some of those finishes are very mcnulty like.
Been mainly an impact player from bench so could take him a run of games to build fitness/match stamina, again like mcnulty last year.
I think both moves for him and mcnulty are the challenges they need at their stages of career.

skybluepm2

Recently followed Bristol on Twitter but maybe terms haven't been agreed? Would be a real coup if we snatched him from Bristol at the 11th hour.

The only thing that concerns me is that, are we going to struggle to adequately replace McNulty? I don't want a repeat of the Mowbray disaster where we try and sign players that are essentially too good for us, then end up with an Andre Wright as a consequence.

Ah Andre Wright. So shit that I had completely forgotten about him. Thanks for reminding me

SBAndy

Can see the McNulty resemblance in his play from that video. Do think we need another top striker alongside him though, someone in the McGoldrick mould.

SkyBlueCRJ

I’ve seen Chaplin a few times and think he’s good. I’d say he is trickier than mcnulty but he is very small.
My Pompey scouts (hi mum, hi dad) reckon he’s too lightweight to make the grade...but they’re Pompey fans so what the fuck do they know!

I've heard this a few times, your mum and dad aren't being cynical! He caught my eye when he got promoted with Portsmouth as pundits claimed he was tipped for big things but obviously hasn't quite got to that level yet. I definitely think his size is a result of this.

Pusb1

This Conor chaplin follows quite a few of our players on Twitter..

He has just liked the 'Reading have had a bid accepted by Coventry for Marc Mcnulty' post by skysports on twitter

He will have known Tom Davies, Doyle, O'Brien .. before that Mcnulty and Baker who may have said a few good words?

Seems very likely i would say

Still think we need another proven striker as well as him though..

Terry_dactyl

I've heard this a few times, your mum and dad aren't being cynical! He caught my eye when he got promoted with Portsmouth as pundits claimed he was tipped for big things but obviously hasn't quite got to that level yet. I definitely think his size is a result of this.

Pompey played with Brett pitman as their striker. He got goals, but I think others suffered as a consequence. For example Kal Naismith was played on the wing, was released and has just signed for Wigan. I think Chaplin might be someone that could shine in another side.

SkyBlueCRJ

Pompey played with Brett pitman as their striker. He got goals, but I think others suffered as a consequence. For example Kal Naismith was played on the wing, was released and has just signed for Wigan. I think Chaplin might be someone that could shine in another side.

Yeah in all fairness to Chaplin he has been overshadowed by good players at Pompey. So, despite my reservations about his size I definitely think he'd qualify as a good signing.

TomRad85

Can see the McNulty resemblance in his play from that video. Do think we need another top striker alongside him though, someone in the McGoldrick mould.
Mate if we got Chaplin and McGoldrick we've come out of this McNulty saga very well indeed.

Nonleagueherewecome

Why, how tall was he before? Too much pressure shrank him?

RegTheDonk

That’s still better stats than Biamou, and he’s just been handed a 3 year contract!

Looks like Charlie is going to get more than 10 goals next season then, that's a start. Seriously though, reading that article suggests Doyle might have some input in MR's interest in the lad.

Otis

Looks like Charlie is going to get more than 10 goals next season then, that's a start. Seriously though, reading that article suggests Doyle might have some input in MR's interest in the lad.
Pretty certain a lot of people score with Charlie.

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins comments suggest someone is lined up to replace MM. Pompey press seem to think it's us. Will be interesting to see.

AFCCOVENTRY

Agree the McNulty deal was further down the line than we all expected and the fact this deal has reared its head today suggests some truth in it.

Hopefully Chaplin and more experienced striker come in

That's my only concern is that he is 21 I think? But if he's good enough then you trust Robins. But I do feel we need a proven goal scorer with a bit more experience to come in. I think Robins will. Robins said last week regardless of MM he wants another striker.

The marquee signing is now needed up front to cap off a very good summer where the majority of players have remained and got new contracts. Plenty to be positive about.

Cov City Daytrader 87

Robins comments suggest someone is lined up to replace MM. Pompey press seem to think it's us. Will be interesting to see.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mis-direction. Meaning whilst we think Conor Chaplin will possibly signing for City, it turns out that MR pulls a surprise on all of us and someone else who's MR real target signs and not Conor Chaplin.

zuni

Didn’t look excited when he scored like a fuck it I’m off anyway demeanour...

Users who are viewing this thread