connor thomas (1 Viewer)

gouldberg

How is he playing? I wonder if the sale is done or if it is still a loan?

Difficult to say at the moment. It's just been a typical reserve game. He looks very calm and composed though, passing to feet well. Hasn't done anything overly poor or overly impressive as of yet. He certainly looks comfortable enough to be a Liverpool player though. Come the end of the season I can definitely see him packing him bags and moving in near Stevie G.

SkybluePelsall

1st post so evening all, been passing the time at work reading GMK for a few years though. Regarding Thomas we've had the £1m, his parents received a sizeable amount and he is also on a very decent wage. Although he is still living in a hotel and is homesick (didn't want to leave us either). Boothroyd wasn't told about the deal until it was done, and Ray's story about him losing the dressing room was true. We are struggling to find enough money to pay wages and a number of suppliers have us on stop due to unpaid bills. Players medical care is funded through their own private insurance and any more injuries or suspensions this season will be filled from the academy. To top it all off Westwood and Gunnarson are looking at moves to Leicester. Feels like this is as bad if not worse than December 2008.

sky_blue_up_north

This sale of Conner was the one decision that made me realise this club had no ambition, and the road ahead would be rocky. I was the worst sale the club has ever made

sternslovchild

£1mill for a player who hasn't played much is a lot though. Granted he may and probably will become an awesome player. But 1million! That's chuffin loads. This isn't sarcasm.

skyblu3sk

1st post so evening all, been passing the time at work reading GMK for a few years though. Regarding Thomas we've had the £1m, his parents received a sizeable amount and he is also on a very decent wage. Although he is still living in a hotel and is homesick (didn't want to leave us either). Boothroyd wasn't told about the deal until it was done, and Ray's story about him losing the dressing room was true. We are struggling to find enough money to pay wages and a number of suppliers have us on stop due to unpaid bills. Players medical care is funded through their own private insurance and any more injuries or suspensions this season will be filled from the academy. To top it all off Westwood and Gunnarson are looking at moves to Leicester. Feels like this is as bad if not worse than December 2008.

Welcome you just made my night ;) ... seriously though it sounds worse than I ever thought right now!

sky_blue_up_north

Westy is to good for the Inbreds, and for that matter so is Gunnar

SkybluePelsall

Have to say I agree SBUN, that was the most surprising piece of what I was told, would think they'll go elsewhere. Anyway about the new manager my vote would be _brian_ the only GMK poster who has had me laughing out loud when reading at work.

ccfcadz

The think about the Conor Thomas fiasco, if you were a 16/17 year old footballer starting out in your career and had the chance to go on loan to Liverpool for a few months would you say no?

Great_Expectations

Training facilites/level of coaching/calibre of player - would all mean I would.

Playing in the reserves as opposed to be getting first team experience in the championship say I would not.

In this case he did not want to go anyway.

Sky Blue M

I would have stayed if I was Thomas but it doesn't sound like he had a choice. There are plenty of young players who leave lower league teams and go to the prem and dont get anywhere. I cant see how Thomas would have wanted to go and play in the u18s/reserves at Liverpool compared to being in and around the first team at Cov.

Users who are viewing this thread