Computer for sale (1 Viewer)

I'm trying to sell my pc, anyone know where the best place to do this would be? I've tried ebay, but they all seem to be going for pittance on there.

Disorganised1

Well give us a few details ~ you could try CEX, but their prices can be a bit strange sometimes. Failing that can you Px it against the replacement ?

Its a HP Pavilion Slimline s3624uk.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4450e processor

(2.3GHz, 1MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

2GB DDR2 800MHz memory

320GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm)

128MB NVIDIA® GeForce 6150SE graphics

Dual Layer DVD Rewriter

15-in-1 media card reader

Built-in wireless (802.11b/g)

6x USB, 1x IEEE 1394 FireWire® ports

I want to sell it and buy a cheap laptop with the money, so I don't really want to PX it and contribute more money to another machine.

How much should I put it up for? I don't have a clue when it comes to buying and selling pc's? I'm good at using them but rarely buy them.

B

Bobby Firenze

You'll be doing really well if you get £100 for it. More likely £75.

grego_gee

Ebay gives you the best idea of what its worth, if they are only going for a pittance there, why would anybody pay more anywhere else?
Search for the same model then look at completed listings (left margin)

Check out "20 goal striker" and "midfield general" while you're there!

:pimp:

Last edited:

Otis

Technology moves so fast. Most laptops/pc's are now 4gb ram minimum. Need to now be more looking at 6 - 8 gb. 2.3 isn't that fast either.

Don't think you would get much more than 100 for it to be honest.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Whenever I buy a new PC, I take out all the insides (hard drive etc,) totally destroy them, and take it to the tip. Sounds drastic I know, but as Otis says, technology moves so fast, that it just ain't worth trying to sell a PC these days when for a few pounds more, you can get a brand new one with loads more memory. Sorry Rich :(

Disorganised1

Given that the life of a PC is about 3 years before it becomes too slow, you might get £150 for it.

grego_gee

Whenever I buy a new PC, I take out all the insides (hard drive etc,) totally destroy them, and take it to the tip. Sounds drastic I know, but as Otis says, technology moves so fast, that it just ain't worth trying to sell a PC these days when for a few pounds more, you can get a brand new one with loads more memory. Sorry Rich :(

Does sound prety drastic!..... What do you do with the old one?
Still as SISU say it pays to be ahead of the game!....

:pimp:

Sawyer

You best bet is Gumtree in my opinion and name your own price. No offence at all, but that pc is worth about £50 tops, you want to re-install it fresh and make the peripherals sound good and try £100-£150, I would be shocked if you got it though. I am apart of some big gaming/computer communities, so if you list it let me know and I will link it around for you.

Hugh Jarse

Why is it crap or something? Looks like I might be stuck with it.

It isn't crap but it's pretty low spec. 18 months old is an age when selling a second hand PC, I reckon you'd be lucky to get £70, may have to settle for less. From the spec it looks like a shop purchased one (by that I mean it isn't one you've spec'd yourself and built), these PC's are sometimes impossible to upgrade with better components.

So, as you've said, you are well and truly stuck with it unless you are prepared to take a hit on the price.

It isn't crap but it's pretty low spec. 18 months old is an age when selling a second hand PC, I reckon you'd be lucky to get £70, may have to settle for less. From the spec it looks like a shop purchased one (by that I mean it isn't one you've spec'd yourself and built), these PC's are sometimes impossible to upgrade with better components.

So, as you've said, you are well and truly stuck with it unless you are prepared to take a hit on the price.

Straight off the shelf, I'll stick with it then. Thanks for the advice.

I was once trying to get rid of a 32" TV, a bit of a boxey thing that I'd put in classifieds at £50 but no one even inquired for. It was around the time all the flat screens and things were coming in so no one was even remotely (accidental joke) interested. In the end I just donated it to a charity shop, heart foundation I think. Anyway, what they did was once they sold it they sent me a letter thanking me for the donation, told me how much they had got for it, and said that if I had changed my mind I could take the proceeds for myself. Obviously being ethical I said of course not and they could keep it. But they somehow managed to get £110! I was stunned! Evidently some people don't mind paying a bit extra if it's ultimately going towards a good cause.

My point is, although selling your soul in the process, if you want more than you could get elsewhere you could do the above but then reclaim the funds?

Users who are viewing this thread