Compass & Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Steve_75

Just been thinking if we do actually move out of the Ricoh, will Ricoh and Compass be asking for some kind of refund from ACL?
Obviously Ricoh sponsored the arena as they would get their name mentioned on Sky Sports/BBC etc and by however many thousand people visited each week. If now, they're only going to get mentioned for the odd concert or exhibition, the value of the sponsorship reduces.
Similarly, when Compass signed the deal to take over the F&B, they were expecting to be serving probably 5,000 to 15,000 people 25 times a year as part of that deal.
Just makes me wonder whether this may be something ACL is worried about (as much as the lack of rent income) and is why we had the offer of free rent, the initial bid and the statements suggesting they'll fight Otium winning the bid.
Also, I guess this could be part of SISUs plan, both from further destabilising ACL and potentially reducing the value of Compass' contract, possibly making them want to pull out altogether, leaving the door open for SISU to come back in and look for a deal that involved F&B income...
Anyone else have a take on this?

torchomatic

I should think so. Compass ain't gonna be happy.

Sbarcher

I think a lot of people will copy Ricoh,and follow Compass - can you see what I did there?

pw362

Speaking to a compass employee on Friday. Reckons after the Springsteen concerts this week they will be leaving the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread