Community Club of the Year (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Weren't there some (shmmeee for example) who said that Wasps had done more in the community since they'd been here than CCFC in their entire history. Bollocks to them, I say. Well done, SBITC.

shmmeee

Weren't there some (shmmeee for example) who said that Wasps had done more in the community since they'd been here than CCFC in their entire history. Bollocks to them, I say. Well done, SBITC.

Receipts please.

Regardless, I’m not sure how winning an EFL award proves anything outside of EFL teams.

When Wasps came here they reached out at a time when the club were insular and opaque. When they did little marketing and SBIT was run in spite of, not because of the club. I’ve always had the impression it’s a labour of love from the staff and one that I don’t think should be used as a politicial weapon personally.

I’ve also said, that since Boddy has come in the club has improved 100% on the marketing and outreach sides. Because things change, and pulling out a quote from two years ago (if it even exists) proves exactly the square root of fuck all about the club today.

Fucking dipshit.

Skybluesince82

Wasps community work compared to SBitC is absolute crap. I keep a close eye on it and wasps idea of community work is turning up to schools with that stupid fucking wasp mascot doing shit dances. They bury time capsules with their mates at the council, they are at the opening of an envelope. They do little or nothing to impact on people’s lives, which is what SBitC do day in day out.
Their idea of community work is all fluff and bluster with no substance whatsoever - very much like their club as a whole. All smiles, cameras and nothing underneath.

Skybluesince82

Football (and in particular English football) community work is held up internationally as best practice in sport and CSR. Rugby community work copies what football does but generally 5-10 years after football has already done it. Google Kickz and Hitz for a case in point.

SkyBlueCRJ

Wasps community work compared to SBitC is absolute crap. I keep a close eye on it and wasps idea of community work is turning up to schools with that stupid fucking wasp mascot doing shit dances. They bury time capsules with their mates at the council, they are at the opening of an envelope. They do little or nothing to impact on people’s lives, which is what SBitC do day in day out.
Their idea of community work is all fluff and bluster with no substance whatsoever - very much like their club as a whole. All smiles, cameras and nothing underneath.

I agree with this. All Wasps seem to do is market themselves and make appearances. I don't know everything they do granted so I don't want to generalise but from what I have seen first hand I'm not sure how much they genuinely help to improve the community.

Sky Blue Harry H

dancing wasp - Bing video

smileycov

Facebook User
So if Coventry win EFL community club of the year on 7 April...be embarrassing if they then boot us out on the 25!!!

SkyblueBazza

So if Coventry win EFL community club of the year on 7 April...be embarrassing if they then boot us out on the 25!!!
For them it will. I guess they would argye that where you play your matches & community stuff are totally separate issues under one umbrella. BUT surely it cannot do us any harm so it's great news.
It is to be raised in House of Commons next week too so good publicity which can be linked & maybe get some attention from someone who cares & can make a difference!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Just to add a bit of perspective. .. the violent racist nasty cunts at Millwall won family club of the year :)

Terry_dactyl

Just to add a bit of perspective. .. the violent racist nasty cunts at Millwall won family club of the year :)
Is that how they were described at the award ceremony?
“And the winners are...the violent, racist, nasty cunts at millwall. Danny Baker, if you could please step forward to collect the award”.

They are bad though.

smileycov

Facebook User
For them it will. I guess they would argye that where you play your matches & community stuff are totally separate issues under one umbrella. BUT surely it cannot do us any harm so it's great news.
It is to be raised in House of Commons next week too so good publicity which can be linked & maybe get some attention from someone who cares & can make a difference!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Was thinking more along the lines of, We matter in the community let’s help them rather than fold them!! Which is what the EFL should be doing! But yes, step forward anyone please

Users who are viewing this thread