Colourblind designers (1 Viewer)

Macca

So trying to be positive about the changing face of the city centre. Genuinely excited about the construction of a new skyline. However what the actual fuck is with the horrific colours like some kind of 1970s nightmare. First the old AXA building turning from shiny gold to lego look a like. Then the potentially nice looking Bishopgate in yellow and orange. Hoping there are better plans for the Fairfax Street one

Covstu

I was saying the same the other day passing on the ring road, it looks hideous. I didn’t mind the cladding on the ring road itself but mixed with this lot it looks awful. In Leeds yesterday and a lot of new buildings popping up but all seem to be keeping with the rest of the skyline.

Otis

So trying to be positive about the changing face of the city centre. Genuinely excited about the construction of a new skyline. However what the actual fuck is with the horrific colours like some kind of 1970s nightmare. First the old AXA building turning from shiny gold to lego look a like. Then the potentially nice looking Bishopgate in yellow and orange. Hoping there are better plans for the Fairfax Street one
Interesting.

I think it is a bit too bright and it clashes, but my daughter absolutely loves it and so do all her friends.

Maybe a generation thing?

Marty

I don't mind them actually, bring a bit of brightness to the concrete backdrop of the city centre. It will look hideous once they're weathered though.

The cladding on the ring road though, I can't decide if it's lovely or dreadful, they should have spent some more money and got something better or a different system as you can see the screw holes from a mile away which just makes it look piss poor.

Otis

I really like two shades of grey ring road cladding. Think it looks quite nice.

The CT did a poll and 70% said they liked it and 30% said they hated it.

The other 15% were undecided.

Captain Dart

Weak, weak useless planning dept. giving commerce to high a priority above good taste.

Macca

I don't mind them actually, bring a bit of brightness to the concrete backdrop of the city centre. It will look hideous once they're weathered though.

The cladding on the ring road though, I can't decide if it's lovely or dreadful, they should have spent some more money and got something better or a different system as you can see the screw holes from a mile away which just makes it look piss poor.

Yeh that's my concern they will look awful in 10 years

Johnnythespider

Nice finish on the new builds down by the island at the bottom of sky blue way, sandstone and slate looks good I think.

shmmeee

Can’t stand the Lego block look. It’s like flares or those stupid haircuts kids have these days: it’s gonna look shit when it goes out of fashion (and already looks shit to a large chunk of the population).

I wish planners could be stricter about the look of a place. It’s a joke they couldn’t stop Tetris Towers because it was technically a paint job. We’ll be stuck with some of these things longer than a lifetime. We should build in classic styles that will weather well and stand the test of time, at least for these types of landmark buildings.

And you just know in 30 years English Heritage will be trying to list the fuckers as “classic 2010s architecture” as well! That’s what photo albums are for you arseholes. (Off to put inappropriate Listed Building status on the Things That Annoy You thread)

Users who are viewing this thread