Collection for Scotty's little soldiers... (1 Viewer)

jamesincov

Tramere fan from Coventry in peace(I know there's not many of us)

http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/

Tomorrow there will be a collection around Prenton Park for this fantatic charity.

As many of you know Corporal Michael Thacker from Coventry was killed in action whilst serving with the British armed forces. This charity aims to support women and children who have lost loved ones whilst in combat.

There will also be a 40 mile run tomorrow, here's the plan of action for seven lads setting off tomorrow.

"
On the 15th/16th of September, 7 lads will be setting off from Prenton Park to run a 40 mile lap of the Wirral. We will ...be setting of from Prenton Park at 1200, and running 23 miles to Neston Cricket Club, we will camp there for the night and have a sport auction. On the Sunday we will complete the last 17 miles back to Prenton Park.

Our route will take us around the coast and the Wirral way. Our team is made up of ex Royal Navy Sailors, serving British Army Soliders and Tranmere fans.

We are raising funds for a brilliant charity called Scotty's Little Soldeirs, we help the children of the fallen members of the Armed forces.

We give them holidays to Scotty's Lodge and days out that will help the children smile again. We can never replace their dads, but we can all try and make them smile and forget their problems for a while"

This is a great opportunity for Tranmere and Coventry fans to unite tomorrow.

I, personally will be collecting outside the Prenton Park pub from 2 o'clock tomorrow. If anybody wants to help, can you send me a message on here please. Would be fantastic to have some Cov fans to help me collect.

Many thanks.

skyblueman

Tramere fan from Coventry in peace(I know there's not many of us)

http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/

Tomorrow there will be a collection around Prenton Park for this fantatic charity.

As many of you know Corporal Michael Thacker from Coventry was killed in action whilst serving with the British armed forces. This charity aims to support women and children who have lost loved ones whilst in combat.

There will also be a 40 mile run tomorrow, here's the plan of action for seven lads setting off tomorrow.

"
On the 15th/16th of September, 7 lads will be setting off from Prenton Park to run a 40 mile lap of the Wirral. We will ...be setting of from Prenton Park at 1200, and running 23 miles to Neston Cricket Club, we will camp there for the night and have a sport auction. On the Sunday we will complete the last 17 miles back to Prenton Park.

Our route will take us around the coast and the Wirral way. Our team is made up of ex Royal Navy Sailors, serving British Army Soliders and Tranmere fans.

We are raising funds for a brilliant charity called Scotty's Little Soldeirs, we help the children of the fallen members of the Armed forces.

We give them holidays to Scotty's Lodge and days out that will help the children smile again. We can never replace their dads, but we can all try and make them smile and forget their problems for a while"

This is a great opportunity for Tranmere and Coventry fans to unite tomorrow.

I, personally will be collecting outside the Prenton Park pub from 2 o'clock tomorrow. If anybody wants to help, can you send me a message on here please. Would be fantastic to have some Cov fans to help me collect.

Many thanks.

Excellent cause - I'm emptying out all the loose change from my various stashes as we speak - take note everyone - see you tomorrow - double up if we win :)

Ninja Nevin

Cheers Jamesincov for coming all the way up to help with the collection! If any Coventry fans fancy helping out with the collection then they are more than welcome, we had a few Coventry fans coming up but I think a few have decided against it! Would be ace to get both Tranmere and Coventry fans working for a great cause.

If you can all spare a bit of change that would be amazing, if any one is up really early we are setting off on our 40 mile run at 12 ish, and we have Cpl Thacker printed on our shirts so it's in the memory of a local Coventry lad.

I salute everyone of you that helps out.

Tonylinc

Great cause NN and I wish you all the very best with it. Sadly, I can't be there tomorrow but will be with you all in spirit.

Ninja Nevin

Great cause NN and I wish you all the very best with it. Sadly, I can't be there tomorrow but will be with you all in spirit.

Cheers Tonylinc, great to have some support.

If anyone would have threw some money in the bucket, but can't make it up the M6 (or across the M62^), here is a link to my charity page if you fancy it. No biggie if you can't... just being cheeky.;)

Out of interest, how many you think you will bring? Saw you took a fair few to Crewe, 1,000 +?

Ninja Nevin

Cheers for the support outside the ground yesterday, we raised £400 from the pubs alone.

We completed the 40 mile run today, I'm a broken man but we rasied over 5k for Scottys Little Soldiers.

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season.

Tonylinc

Cheers for the support outside the ground yesterday, we raised £400 from the pubs alone.

We completed the 40 mile run today, I'm a broken man but we rasied over 5k for Scottys Little Soldiers.

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season.
Well done to you all. Pity about the result of the game but then what does that matter in the general scheme of thinb

Well done NN. Pity about the result of the game though (from our point of view). The world needs more people like you.

Users who are viewing this thread