Colemans Strikers (1 Viewer)

Skybluesy

If I have a criticism of Coleman it is his lack of vision for attack - being a defender by trade this is, I suppose, understandable, however we need to be sharper up front if we are to stand any chance of success next season and that, in my opinion, will require radical change. Coleman needs support in attack management and we need some strikers that do exactly what it says on the can.
Our strikers have been poor and we have had to rely on loan players to score the goals since january.We need to spend big money on a goalscorer this summer.
One thing is always for sure - players come and go and the manager changes, sometimes more than I change my undies, but one thing that stays the same is the Cov City hard core fans loyalty. Hang in there guys, a new season is on the horizon!
PUSB!

agreed, but it is hard to find strikers nowadays who score regularly and arent massively overpriced, we did the right thing in signing baker as he can score 10ish per season from midfield, but morrison, id say maximum is a 15 goal a year striker, stead roughly the same, and freddy god knows how many he could score because whenever hes played up front he scores and coleman refuses to keep him in the team.

gary hooper or charlie austin would be my bet for a striker whom i think wed get a decent return out of, i saw alot of hooper last year at scunnys games with stockport(my 2nd team), and austin tore us apart also...and he really does look championship class.

id love to see either in a city shirt but im sure we'l get somebody who cant score and isnt wanted by anybody... sayyy...leon best returning? haha

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
If S****horpe stay up I believe they will be forced to invest into their ground under some sort of regulation as it isn't an all seater - and this is money they don't have so we may be able to poach Hooper off them. I'm not 100% on this but I'm sure I've heard this somewhere... If anyone knows a S****horpe fan maybe they will know.

I think Coleman is most likely already thinking about what striker(s) he wants to bring in. He is probably already satisfied with the defence, especially Wood and McPake (and hopefully Westwood in goals). The midfield is pretty sound but he might chop and change one or 2 in the summer and then I reckon a striker is top of his wishlist. He's building from the back, now we have a good defence we just need someone to put chances away.

Then maybe a couple of full backs / wingers and we're good to go, although I can't see us spending heavily so expect a couple of unknown players to come through!

hooper would surely be worth no more than 1.3-1.5
agreed though, left back has to be a priority, but i think we need two strikers, not just the one.

lord_garrincha

Surely we're due to sign a striker who can grab 20 goals plus in a season. It seems every striker we sign goal instinct seems to leave them when they drive into Warwickshire!!!

Sky Blue Luke

I'd love to have Hooper here, can't see Scunny going down but without being disrespectful we're a bigger club than them ;)

And maybe a loan?, Danny Welbeck from united?, Nile Ranger from N'castle? or even getting Hines back from WH (relegation permitting)

covsteve

If it is going to be a lower league striker who would you like to see come in possibly Jordan Rhodes or Billy Paynter?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
If it is going to be a lower league striker who would you like to see come in possibly Jordan Rhodes or Billy Paynter?

I thought Rhodes was a decent player and was surprised that Roy Keane let him go, he's still a really young player as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the sky blue colours myself.

covsteve

I thought Rhodes was a decent player and was surprised that Roy Keane let him go, he's still a really young player as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the sky blue colours myself.
Out of the 2 i mentioned i agree on Rhodes, a few Ipswich fans were unhappy that he was sold on.

Users who are viewing this thread