Colemans record (1 Viewer)

Skybluesy

Since Coleman took charge hes managed 104 League games - I'm not including friendlies and cup games in these numbers.

We have won 30
We have drawn 33
We have lost 41
We have scored 111 goals
We have conceded 145 goals :eek:
As well we have only scored MORE than 2 goals in 7 league games under his management.
After the winning run we had I said on another forum the jury was still out on Coleman so what does the jury think now?

I think he has to go for us to progress.

percie

Have to agree with you there. I never thought he was the right man for the job plus the fact he comes across as all arrogant.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I don't mind Coleman as a manager actually, he has done a lot of good for us as a club. However I do agree that we need someone or something to give us that extra push that we need.

If we stick with Coleman then next season we will end up in the same place between mid table and bottom like we always do.

I would like to see similar statistics for Dowie and Micky Adams as I doubt they are any better.

Last edited:
T

TrevorsathisPeake

His record isnt to great is it.Makes me laugh when people say he hasnt had much money to spend,hes had a decent amount.I dont think you need vast amounts of money to do well at this level.I get the feeling even if Sir Alex Ferguson was in charge of us with a bottomless pit we would still be in the same position every year.Will we ever have anything to shout about?

Nick

Administrator
I can see a change in us sometimes when we play under Coleman as the hoof ball seems to have been cut down a bit where it used to be whack it up to Adebola or Kyle at every chance.

I think McPake and Wood have cut this out as they seem to pass it out of defence a lot more to the midfield.

Im a Coleman out campaigner. I just feel that he was the wrong man in the first place and you should'nt persist in something thats wrong for the sake of stability.

In managerial years hes been here a good amount of time now with no tangible progress to speak off. Added the fact that we are playing some ugly stuff on the pitch - thats not even yielding results! he has to go, its getting me angry talking about him

CovLis86

I agree to a point that no, Coleman isnt doing an outstanding job in charge. But if we were to get rid, who is going to come in and do a better job? With our current setup, and resources, we are going to always struggle to break the top half/playoff zone in this league.
Realistically, the names we could pull in would in my opinion be a lot worse than Coleman, so, we havent got a better choice. So why not give him the backing, and hope he pulls something out of his sleeve!

ccfc_1987

Hello Skybluesy,

I've finally took the plunge and moved over and hopefully left that annoying little rat behind! I'll look forward to a bit of banter and decent discussion with you without having childish comments wedged between! Also just like to take a moment to apologise about my foul rant on your article last week.

covsteve

Hello Skybluesy,

I've finally took the plunge and moved over and hopefully left that annoying little rat behind! I'll look forward to a bit of banter and decent discussion with you without having childish comments wedged between! Also just like to take a moment to apologise about my foul rant on your article last week.

Hi another convert from a certain site where the ONE was present (annoying little so and so) looking forward to some good banter. Looking at Colemans record shocking to say the least a change is needed for the better.

Skybluesy

Citys policy is to buy cheap, cultivate and sell for more so I guess we cant blame Coleman for that! Dont think I will post on 606 again, Cookieccfc I cant agree more!

CovInEssex

I posted a few sneaky adverts about this place, but Neo didnt like it and reported them to the 606 Police.

Who - on another note - are also pathetic.

covsteve

I posted a few sneaky adverts about this place, but Neo didnt like it and reported them to the 606 Police.

Who - on another note - are also pathetic.
Agreed the amount of times i complained to them about him and got nowhere, bunch of wan**** :)

justmarvellous

sorry I just didnt add many comments when I thought it was him or one of is alias, so hopefully on here we wont get top two next season and we have fox/dann money to spend. looking forward I hope Coleman can turn it round and give him till about Christmas, if not I think its time to move on, but we cant just keep getting rid of managers and players need to fight for their place and the shirt.

PUSB

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
No point sacking Coleman. Haven't we learnt our lesson yet? No manager we've had since we've been down has given us a sniff of the top 6 and we've had that this season - with the manager who has been here for 2 seasons. When we got rid of Best 3 months ago that made the team we have now 100% Coleman's I believe so why get rid now? I say let's not be hasty and see what happens next season because a new guy would only come in and change it all around again which I'm tired of seeing - only for us to finish around 17th again. The top names flying around for top choice of the fans seem to be Curbishley / Coppell but I can't see us doing much better under any of those to be honest. If we keep chopping and changing then we will still be here in 2020 after having 10 managers in as many seasons and calling for the next one's head after finishing 17th. We need to be realistic in our expectations - in the last decade we have been a mid-table side at best, so why every season are our expectations to get into the play-offs? Too much expectation is just putting pressure on ourselves and this is why when we win the first 2 games and are top of the league everyone talks about promotion but then when we are 17th at Christmas time everyone is down and out talking about League One. Look at Blackpool at the moment, they have a good attitude because no-one, not even themselves expected to be up there and they are just happy to be there whereas we always demand to be there.

I really hope people don't start shouting Coleman Out on Saturday because it won't do us any favours especially with 3 games left to go in the season - think about it guys!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Well said andy i agree thats what i said about coleman before hes the only manager to get us near the top 6 since we went down.

gotta say the worse stat that we have under coleman is only 7 games weve scored more than 2 goals... and i believe 4 of those were this year... barnsley(H), Pboro(H), Sheff Utd(H), Watford(A)...
that to me is pathetic...
we should use money from fox/dann sales like neo always tells us too......:rolleyes: :p

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
gotta say the worse stat that we have under coleman is only 7 games weve scored more than 2 goals... and i believe 4 of those were this year... barnsley(H), Pboro(H), Sheff Utd(H), Watford(A)...
that to me is pathetic...
we should use money from fox/dann sales like neo always tells us too......:rolleyes: :p

Not the best record and no-one likes thrashing teams 5-0 anymore then I do but at the end of the day I'd rather win 5 games 1-0 rather then 1 game 5-0. A lot of teams this season have won comfortably one game and then gone on a bad run. To be fair it shows the negativity of our fans because when we were on that good run and were 8th in the table people still moaned that we were only winning 1-0 ...

A little addition to the stats is that we have only won 4 or so games by more than one goal. Significant because we seem to defend very deep - especially when we go 1-0 up.
I am not sure about Coleman. His record is not the best but he does have limited funds and 2 years is not long enough to mould a good team from scratch!
I have to disagree with Nick though, I DO think we hoof it long. All season I can count on one hand the number of times that Westwood throws the ball instead of kicking it. I think this is down to the lack of quality in midfield (especially when Clingan is not playing)

Users who are viewing this thread