Coleman sacked (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter TrevorsathisPeake
  • Start date
T

TrevorsathisPeake

Deserved but im suprised.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Maybe if Leicester dont go up and Pearson cant agree to his new contract,we could see him at the Ricoh,wouldnt that be funny!!!!!!

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
It's the board's choice, so I reckon if it was down to Ranson alone he'd still be manager.
I must say, he lost my support over not playing Hall, but I don't know if he should have been sacked.

Who really will want to come here when they'll have no money to spend?

I think now we might struggle to hold on to a couple of players, but we'll see.

Nick

Administrator
Was Westwood only going to stay because of Coleman?

What will happen with all of the players Coleman has signed? Will somebody come in and get rid?

I don't think he made any bad / flop signings it was just getting them playing right together. I mean look at Wood and McPake at the back and Baker and Clingan? All are class!

Nelson

Banned
Tony Adams to replace Coleman ;)

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Getting rid is alot easier said than done.Not many teams have got much money and even if offered on frees would other teams want to take over there wages.If Westwood goes,at least we will have a bit of money,probably not all the fee he fetches,but at least some.If he stays we still have best keeper in the league by far.
The worst thing that could happen to us is Phil Brown at the Ricoh.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

We have gone for big/biggish names in the past I'd like us to go for a manager eager to prove himself,maybe Eddie Howe from Bournemouth

EARLY ODDS ON SKYBET

McAllister 5/2 Ince 10/1
Dublin 4/1 Brown 12/1
Cotterill 5/1 Jewell 14/1
Curbishley 6/1 Howe 16/1
O'Driscoll 8/1 Shearer 33/1

I'd put big money on it NOT being McAllister

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathccfc

Mourinho said he wants to come back to english football :)

worth a punt !?

;)

on a serious note, i would probably say maybe Mowbray or maybe Curbishley...

Not too sure if we have the rep to sort of attract them.

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
i like Ince, and i think cotterill or curbishley are decent. we have some decent players that are not gelling at the moment, an inexperienced manager wouldn't help that situation.
we need someone who know's how to make the players play to there capability and play together, teams win matches not individuals (mostly!)

i think i'm gonna hang my hat on cotterill

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Ive been pleased with nearly all of a recent managerial appointments,yet none have worked out.

east_midlands_skyblue

It has to be Curbishley or Mowbray for me, I'm sure that there are plenty of good young managers who might do a job but I'd rather get someone in who knows this league and has a track record of getting teams out of it. Having said that, I don't want the same old failures in (Brown, Jewell etc).

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Someone who has an excellent managerial track record and is hero amongst us,is Dennis Wise!

skybluetilidie

i think we should mourn colemans dismissle who took us to the quarter finals of the FA cup last season who helped us do the double on birmingham city last season he is a good manager and deserved a second chance it took wolves three years to make the team they have now

skyblueshaw

I still think we should have given Chris the close season and up until Christmas but now he's gone I have a fancy for Ince. He might have bombed in the Prem but can do it at this level I feel, and will know the diamonds from the lower reaches we can bring in without blowing transfer and wage budgets.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

DEFINATELY NOT. Everybody knows Poyet was the brains behind the Poyet/Wise management at Leeds, and he's showing that now at Brighton.

I have to say Mobray or Curbs as well, maybe Curbs.

I would'nt say everbody,or anybody.Poyet was'nt with Wise at Millwall when he got them to the FA Cup final and into Europe!!!!

Nathccfc

Would Stuart Pearce not be a good shout? had a bit of international experience with the under 21s.. maybe could persuade a few of them to come to us, may be it only a loan?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Weve been in this division long enough ranson cop on and start spending money, ok i admit were out of debt which is good but what good is it when we have a team that nearly gets relagated every season and we just end up having less money if we go down.Me personally i think any manager couldnt get us out of this league without funds unless we have a unreal scout who spots brillant talent in the lower leagues and we make brillant signings this summer with new manager we just arnt cutting it.Im so pissed off right now with way everything we as the fans dont deserve this how long more do we have to be in this division to find a manager and players that actually do the job to get us promoted its not looking well to me.

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Would Stuart Pearce not be a good shout? had a bit of international experience with the under 21s.. maybe could persuade a few of them to come to us, may be it only a loan?
nice thought, but A) can't see him doing it and B) we realy need experience to gell the decent players we have. let's not write all players off. we do have good players and some whio have gone backwards but have shown it in the past.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Ranson has said that any new manager will have to work with the existing backroom staff.Thats a very strange statement and would put off alot of potential applicants.Only someone whos completely desperate for the job would'nt mind being told that,strange one.

smileycov

Facebook User
i think we should mourn colemans dismissle who took us to the quarter finals of the fa cup last season who helped us do the double on birmingham city last season he is a good manager and deserved a second chance it took wolves three years to make the team they have now
are you having a laugh!!!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

David O'Leary is fave with Victor Chandler,3/1 odds.That would be bad!!!
Did well at Leeds when he spent,spent,spent what Ridsdale gave him,could'nt imagine him here with a limited budget.
I'm with DENNIS WISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he'll sort it out!

Users who are viewing this thread