Cole watch (1 Viewer)

speedie87

So what a peoples opinions on cole last night.

Obviously a great free kick, and I also liked the way he went off before the board went up so avoided an ovation.

But I was disappointed with his lack of sharpness, I was expecting pace but thought he was struggling.

Rich

He was trying too many tricks when simple passes would've been more sensible, but he worked hard, put his body in the right places and had a positive affect. If you didn't know who he was you'd probably have given him a rating of 7 last night. As he is Joe Cole former Chelsea and England man you're probably looking more around 5/6 given a player of that pedigree.

Nick

Administrator
If a couple of the balls put through to him were to Armstrong he would have scored.

I think a few of his touches didn't come off but you could see him talking to the younger players and encouraging them which was quite good!

I don't think he has ever been a pacey player like a Murphy or Armstrong has he?

Joy Division

I thought he did okay, he's still fairly new to the squad so is still adjusting to the way we play. I think we could see that in some of the runs he was making and the passes he was looking to make weren't quite on the same wavelength as him. I think he will be a huge asset for us over the rest of the season though.

ready_96

I was expecting more if im honest. But he did a decent job, there were glimpses of excellence. For his own sake he needs to carry on playing week in week out for a team. His fitness has gone completely

CCFC88

He attracts a lot of attention from defensive midfielders/centrebacks when playing in behind Armstrong as you would probably expect.
Whilst this reflects badly on him as he gets crowded out quite a lot by 2 or 3 of their defenders, this can be viewed as a lack of sharpness to not see the defenders coming, it does create more space in midfield for the likes of O'brien cutting in and when Vincelot/Fleck move forward.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If a couple of the balls put through to him were to Armstrong he would have scored.

I think a few of his touches didn't come off but you could see him talking to the younger players and encouraging them which was quite good!

I don't think he has ever been a pacey player like a Murphy or Armstrong has he?

He was pretty quick 10 years ago, not Walcott speed but he was fast.

chiefdave

Got a mate whos a villa fan and apparently they're going to cancel his contract

Not sure if that's good news for us or not! He doesn't need the money but even so would he be happy to stay here on what we could afford to pay him?

Maybe offer to help him get into coaching?

covcity4life

dude just scored a FK in competitive game, bet hes buzzing

IF his contract is cancelled i would be confident hes staying with cov till end of season

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Was a very testimonial feel to the whole Cole thing last night even the performance he put in, I like the guy but last night he was really off the pace I thought but that will come back given game time I'm sure & his brain did look a yard ahead of the game at times seems to help the squad so I'm all for him staying longer.

Gazolba

pace? at 34?

There have been several instances of sprinters winning 100 meters finals at over age 30. So it's certainly possible to be fast at that age if you look after your body and train well.

SkyBlue_Bear83

There have been several instances of sprinters winning 100 meters finals at over age 30. So it's certainly possible to be fast at that age if you look after your body and train well.

And if you are jacked up on steroids, plus these have trained all there life for speed whereas footballers don't

chinamans view

Great goal, but lets be honest he cant get fit, he has been trying to at Villa since the summer and now here for last few weeks. Its not going to happen. He is just a name from the past we should move on IMO.

junglej13

I thought he looked off the pace and was a passenger in truth. Be interesting to see whether he improves as he gets his match fitness.

Users who are viewing this thread