COLCHESTER MATCH THREAD - let's go (1 Viewer)

Ronfarmer

I made a joke on here about 10,000 people buying Mcgoal and now some guy called Nigel has said it for serious on the radio.

Irony, dear Nigel.

Astute

But other clubs have a higher revenue than us and in the Championship they can spend more revenue on wages I believe. If you we're earning 10k a week say and you o somewhere nice where you were liked for £5K a week or take a gamble and go somewhere else getting £9k a week what would you do??

I would stay. I am happy with what I earn and happy with my job. Would I want to move my family again or have a long commute just to earn more money? Not me. Maybe if I needed a higher wage. Same could be said about McG. We will not be in this division for long. Especially if we keep him. Would he want to leave a club that is winning whilst he is enjoying himself?

Tad

Another good result, well done guys. Keep it up!

Grendel

I would stay. I am happy with what I earn and happy with my job. Would I want to move my family again or have a long commute just to earn more money? Not me. Maybe if I needed a higher wage. Same could be said about McG. We will not be in this division for long. Especially if we keep him. Would he want to leave a club that is winning whilst he is enjoying himself?

I wouldn't take a 50% pay cut and you really seem to underestimated the power of his agent. Eakin said tonight that ultimately the agent dictates what happens in this situation.

cloughie

DMG if is wise will refuse to sign for any club and become a free agent at the end of the season thus giving him a signing on fee aswell as well as a choice of teams.

Forrest cannot sell him if he refuses to sign for anyone, so to off load £ 10 week of his wages they will be better off loaning him out to CCFC till the end of the season

Last edited:

Grendel

DMG if is wise will refuse to sign for any club and become a free agent at the end of the season thus giving him a signing on fee aswell as well as a choice of teams.

Forrest cannot sell him if he refuses to sign for anyone, so to off load £ 10 week of his wages they will be better off loaning him out to CCFC till the end of the season

Yes that is the only hope we have - if he refuses to leave and we agree a higher percentage of his salary.

Stevec189

I wouldn't take a 50% pay cut and you really seem to underestimated the power of his agent. Eakin said tonight that ultimately the agent dictates what happens in this situation.

Not often I agree with you Grendal! The vast majority of people would take the money! PUSB

SkyblueBazza

Been out at work meeting all night, so not had chance to say it but yeeee-haarrrr!!! THAT is a great result - & 8-1 positiv return on goal difference in 2 consecutive away games is very encouraging.
That's won 4 from 5 of my projected 10...only 2 more wins needed to hit my minimum target to be in the play off mix. I hope everyone else is starting to feel more positive?

Astute

Who said anything about a 50% paycut? Is there anyone willing and able to pay him 10k a week? What I said was offer him a big bonus if we got promoted. Make up for lost wages. We could afford it if we went up. Having him in our side would also pay for itself plus much more with higher gates if we keep winning.

So are you now saying his agent can force him into making a move he don't want? :facepalm:

JulianDarbyFTW

If he doesn't sign then some people will blame SISU, even if it is ultimately not their decision. We have to hope he enjoys being lauded by the SBA, and that he makes an emotional decision rather than financial. That, I'm afraid, seems like our only hope.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Now can we please be as confident at home? Pompey normally a tricky fixture but they are awful at the moment so I would expect anothet good result Saturday and just to be 'smug' that's what i predicted for November.
Just to be an ass and because I have too much spare time I checked your posts at the beginning of November

predicting what results you will get is an impossible task. Teams are fading and losing early form and various circumstances such as injuries and squad depth will begin to take a toll of most of them - a place where we are exceptionally strong tbf.
So we will likely keep improving while most others will fade more on average.
Based on that I see us doing better than some may predict.

I see us unbeaten in November now with possible 4 wins and a draw if I had to try and predict the future.
December a couple of posible defeats.
Think we will be firmly in the top 6 come the New Years.

So actually your prediction so for for November is currently out by 1 point :D

jon92

Just got bk from Colchester looked better when crossing the ball into the danger area but at 2 1 looked nervous til we got our 3rd

The Reverend Skyblue

Got to say what a great win.The first 15 mins was a bit tenetative and they looked dangerous, but after that we were by far the better team.We should of had a couple more goals, and if Baker had done one good final pass or cross we should have been out of site.
There off side goal i thought the linesman had given it as he kept his flag down for ages , so long that Colchester had run back to there own half, but thank god he stuck it up in the end.Apart from Seers hitting the bar they gave little threat for the rest of the first half.

Second half we looked good and dangerous when we broke.I thought the Edge was very good tonight as was Wood, and i loved when Goldie scored late on, he deserved it for all the work he put in.
I still think our centre midfield need a bit more bite to it, but overall i was well happy with the performance.Colchester though not very good ,will be a difficult team to beat, as they had a couple of players out injured.

I really liked the stadiums location , just off the carriageway with plenty of parking, and i thought the stewards and ticket office were very helpful and all round a nice bunch.
I just love watching us win, and with some luck we will be starting to look towards the top ten quite soon.

The Rev

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread