Codys Agent (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Can we assume from this that Cody's agent got more than £140k for his transfer to Coventry !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19197486

WHU paid over 4 million..

Blackburn wont be too dis-similar this season with Best, Kazim Richards et al..

They really need to look at these parachute payments !

skybluemarky

You can pay agent fee's on buying players, free agents, existing players signing new contracts and even on selling players. It wouldn't surprise me if they started charging a negotiating fee on deals that don't go ahead.

Nonleagueherewecome

Says doncaster spent the least £139012 so must be more than that

Isn't that because at their club a super-agent was Director of Football? Probably took a hefty salary instead.

stupot07

Don't you also pay some of the agent fees as the selling club too as part of a players loyalty bonus (I.e not handing in a written transfer request).

We also signed Herman, and probably had to pay agent fees for loan players?

Lord - perhaps this is why hands were tied, of you have to pay this much to an agent before thinking about the fee to the selling club.

stupot07

And signed Dunn and murphy. And I would think that also include negotiating new deals for existing players.

georgehudson

as i am lead to understand, persons, can, agent, broker, control, effect, manage, or negotiate any deal, therefore assuming that those persons will all want their 'cut' or %,
we will not know the real details,
i suppose those praying upon footballers will attempt to justify their actions

Nonleagueherewecome

free transfers normally carry bigger agents fees

Perhaps with comparing like-for-like players, the Bosmans will demand more as they are in a stronger bargaining position. Many an agent must think "well, you haven't had to shell out a fee..bring some of that honey over here!" But a decent player on a free will demand less to take a cut from than a very good player who demanded a fee.

lordsummerisle

Yet another thread turned into, by insinuation, an anti-Thorn one within one post. Simply ruining this forum

No, an anti "woe is me, we've got no money, we're being bled dry, we have the lowest wage bill of any club in The Championship,(but no evidence of this at all apart from pointless emoting) blah,blah, blah" post.

Not that you'd ever say anything like the above of course.

stupot07

No, an anti "woe is me, we've got no money, we're being bled dry, we have the lowest wage bill of any club in The Championship,(but no evidence of this at all apart from pointless emoting) blah,blah, blah" post.

To be fair only Barnsley and Doncaster payed lower agents fees than us and that was marginal, and Doncaster employed the agent of quite a few of those players so where probably paying him a salary rather than bonuses.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I try and post a balanced view based upon facts, relating to our first-team investment, use of untried youngsters, etc; as opposed to incessant sarcastic ineptitudes. Which is okay if you're happy with your 'contribution'; but it ruins it for many - believe me

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Wonder how much we have spent this year

Sold - Keogh Bigi McPake Deagan
Youngsters signed contracts 3?
new players in Ball Brown Malaga Edjenguele Barton Fleck Elliott Kilbane

bet we have spent well over £100k so far just on agents

@richh87

This is stupid. Should we only sign players who don't have an agent?

I can't believe that there's still a City supporter left who would mock the stance that last season's resources were unacceptable.

torchomatic

Is he called Banks?

Users who are viewing this thread