Cody Mcdonald picks up injury (1 Viewer)

guicey15

After coming so close to returning to full fitness, Cody has had another setback, albeit a relatively minor one. Reading on the back of the CT, he was due to play in a reserves game against Brum but twisted his ankle in training on Monday so missed the game. Andy Thorn has said that he remains hopeful he will still be availible for Saturdays game.

Otis

He bloody better be.

Anything happens to Nimely and/or Platt and we are truly fooked! :facepalm:

smileycov

Facebook User
What the hell are we doing to these players? I have never known a club to have so many, and for the players to take so long to recover. Appalling!!

Otis

Does seem odd that we get told of players who appear to have minor knocks only for them to be out for months at a time.

Godiva

What the hell are we doing to these players? I have never known a club to have so many, and for the players to take so long to recover. Appalling!!

On the bright side ... with the squad size greatly reduced, it does seem there are one or two less in the treatment room.

Astute

Normally we would have a big enough squad to cover for injuries so they don't get noticed as much. We don't have enough players so we notice each player that is out with injuries as we have no cover for certain positions.

smileycov

Facebook User
Maybe, we do seem to struggle with recovery time though. Do you think that it is fair to say, beacuse we can only buy cheap or purchase free we end up with injury prone or weak players and that is why we have so many? I mean Hermann & McDonald are 2 prime examples. Injuries do worry me as we truly will be gone without hope, if we lose any more!

ccfcway

Normally we would have a big enough squad to cover for injuries so they don't get noticed as much. We don't have enough players so we notice each player that is out with injuries as we have no cover for certain positions.

Not too sure about that,

Eastwood and McDoanld have barely played a game all season, so, 2 out of our top 3 strikers havent kicked a ball, any team would notice that.

With Hussey out, we dont have a left back, Deegan would have been 1st choice at the start of the season, but was out, potentially 1st choice right back Clarke was out for best part of half a season.

We then sign an experienced defender, who plays 2 games and is out for the rest of the season

Oh, and the long term injured Turner doesnt have a problem playing for Cardiff, and James "glass" McPake has starter all his available games for hibs !

J

Jack Griffin

If you read the story it is quite positive overall, Thomas, Bigi, Baker, Bell, Eastwoood, Cameron & Hussey came through a practice game.

dongonzalos

Maybe, we do seem to struggle with recovery time though. Do you think that it is fair to say, beacuse we can only buy cheap or purchase free we end up with injury prone or weak players and that is why we have so many? I mean Hermann & McDonald are 2 prime examples. Injuries do worry me as we truly will be gone without hope, if we lose any more!
I don't believe cody was injury prone before coming to cov. also to be fair you or I could twist an ankle today walking down the street. It happens so often in football training think that over this is harsh to label him injury prone. Herman is a different matter his age and his full throttle approach means there is always a chance this would happen

aodea

I feel for Cody was excited when he signed as thought he could be a decent forward from what i had seen of him. Injuries have hurt him and this season has been a bit of a write of for him but hopefully he will be fit for next year and can kick on. if only an ankle sprain or along those lines shud be back weekend or one after. Platt and Nimely need some support if things are not going great.

On a differnt note is Eastwood looking any fitter?

covcity4life

I completely agree, but you do have to ask, who on earth would be the paper based on that story

lol true

anywhoo great news bout thomas playing a full game,hopefully hes in match day squad in next week or so

norwood,deegan,thomas and mcsheffrey at tip sounds like a good midfield? although gary mac plays better wide

shmmeee

Random question: Do footballers have "sick pay" when they are injured or are they on the full whack?

EDIT: Is Cody like a new signing in that he immediately gets a long term injury? (see McPake/HH/etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread