Co-op Santa's Sleigh Ride Saved? (1 Viewer)

armybike

The Co-op on Corporation Street is closing in October but it looks like the Santa's Sleigh Ride could be saved and moved to either The Herbert or Transport Museum.

I think this is ace news, as it'll prevent a slice of Cov being banished to the history books.

I loved it as a kid and my three love it now, so hope it works out (and that all the Co-op staff are given/find employment elsewhere).

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/co-ops-santas-sleigh-ride-9830180

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember riding on this as a kid in the early 60's! Then as I had kids of my own, they went on it and now my grandkids enjoy it each year! It's a tradition worth hanging on to!

chiefdave

Hope the co-op building is put to good use. Pleased to see the transport museum step in to save the ride.

Otis

I remember riding on this as a kid in the early 60's! Then as I had kids of my own, they went on it and now my grandkids enjoy it each year! It's a tradition worth hanging on to!

I think they have probably now arrested all the Co-op Santa's from the 60's to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread