Cloned Plates (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

My fucking car that was cloned. A brisk awakening at 11pm last night i can assure you. Although as it became obvious it clearly wasnt my car involved the police were fantastic.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I've heard of speeding fines being racked up by cloned plates but nothing on this scale.

Some utter pricks in this world

wingy

Yeah I had it last year .
Cleared up by a few photo's and my Google timeline proving my vehicle had moved just one mile out and back nowhere near where the camera had clicked.

RegTheDonk

Glad you boys got it cleared up must have been a worry at the time. Would assume they do this to not trigger ANPR hits when the owner reports it stolen, but driving like cocks is a daft way to get caught. Glad the cop wasn't hurt too bad.

robbiekeane

Yeah I had it last year .
Cleared up by a few photo's and my Google timeline proving my vehicle had moved just one mile out and back nowhere near where the camera had clicked.
Interesting, what do you mean your google timeline? Like on Maps?

OffenhamSkyBlue

If you have an iPhone, it records it by default. I didn't know this until i looked yesterday after i saw Wingy's post. Could be useful, but bugger me it shows up what a sad life i have led in the past two months.
If anyone is having an affair, turn this function off in Settings/Privacy/Location Settings! It has put me at a neighbour's address 26 times in the past two months, so i assume it isn't THAT accurate!
Looked on Google Maps timeline - NOTHING (for the same time period as above)! Maybe you have to have it set to "Always allow .." in the location settings, and i don't use Maps that often.

wingy

If you have an iPhone, it records it by default. I didn't know this until i looked yesterday after i saw Wingy's post. Could be useful, but bugger me it shows up what a sad life i have led in the past two months.
If anyone is having an affair, turn this function off in Settings/Privacy/Location Settings! It has put me at a neighbour's address 26 times in the past two months, so i assume it isn't THAT accurate!
Looked on Google Maps timeline - NOTHING (for the same time period as above)! Maybe you have to have it set to "Always allow .." in the location settings, and i don't use Maps that often.
Being a phobe I don't really know how it came to operate on a daily basis used it for a job in London a couple of years ago and it's been in operation since then .
Very useful data .

Bidda

My fucking car that was cloned. A brisk awakening at 11pm last night i can assure you. Although as it became obvious it clearly wasnt my car involved the police were fantastic.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I've heard of speeding fines being racked up by cloned plates but nothing on this scale.

Some utter pricks in this world

Yeah. happened to me a few years ago. 'My' car was involved in a fail to stop after an accident somewhere in north Wales. Fortunately, at the time, I was having lunch with a mate in Worcester so was able to prove that it wasn't me.

Greggs

Happened to me last year. Old bill at house early Saturday morning 'intiving me into the station'. Turns out cloned plates has committed a crime and van exactly same as mine was involved. Cctv photos exactly the same as my van, was mindblown sat in the interview room!!!

Users who are viewing this thread