Clive Eakin (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gurney has tweeted he's coming back to work and back doing coverage, don't wish him any ill but is he really needed
I do get what you're saying but it is good to have Rob back. Should be happy we've got two very good commentators in Eakin and Gurney, and Gurney is a genuine fan. Eakin has come to love us, but we'll always be his second team.

chiefdave

Prime SBT. Years of Eakin is shit why don't they get Gurney back. Gurney comes back and we get why is he back, we've got Eakin and he's brilliant :ROFLMAO:

They make a decent team, especially with Oggy added in. Maybe they can get Oggy to join them when they commentate on Warwickshire games in the summer

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Prime SBT. Years of Eakin is shit why don't they get Gurney back. Gurney comes back and we get why is he back, we've got Eakin and he's brilliant :ROFLMAO:

They make a decent team, especially with Oggy added in. Maybe they can get Oggy to join them when they commentate on Warwickshire games in the summer

My guess is, Rob Gurney will probably be just doing the post match interviews etc.

Grendel

I do get what you're saying but it is good to have Rob back. Should be happy we've got two very good commentators in Eakin and Gurney, and Gurney is a genuine fan. Eakin has come to love us, but we'll always be his second team.

Gurney is about as interesting and charismatic as John Major. He’s dull and poor. Geoff Foster is a fan get him back as well then.

mmttww

Gurney is about as interesting and charismatic as John Major.

Thanks for this. Missing piece of the puzzle.

Now, when you type something self righteous, I'll have an image of John Major reading out your post in my mind. Feels like a good fit.

Last edited:

Grendel

Classy comments towards a guy just back from a mental health break.

I don’t see what that has to do with anything. I always thought he was a poor pundit and played on his ccfc fan status. He and Adam Dent were cringe smug and smugger

torchomatic

TBH, I couldn't care. Clive is fantastic. I listened to his commentary from Saturday earlier. No one can accuse him of not being passionate about CCFC.

Super Graham Withey

Gurney shouldn't be working at CWR. He's a City fan and can never be objective enough, he's just too emotionally invested-like all of us. He's a good broadcaster and was well respected at BBC WM covering West Brom and he should have stayed there or go somewhere else.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Gurney shouldn't be working at CWR. He's a City fan and can never be objective enough, he's just too emotionally invested-like all of us. He's a good broadcaster and was well respected at BBC WM covering West Brom and he should have stayed there or go somewhere else.

So does that only apply to a Cov City fan then, because through the Country you will find ex players and Fans broadcast on radio and TV about the team's they support.

baldy

Classy comments towards a guy just back from a mental health break.

I agree with the other poster,he was as dull as dishwater way before his break away - plus we started to climb up the table once Clive started commentating again so that's a sign...I hope Gurney doesn't come back as the main man at all

Brylowes

I've heard it all now "Eakin and Oggy unbiased views"
I live away from the Coventry area, We’ve got season tickets but unable to get up for all the games, used to love away games but our new found popularity has put that to bed.
I used to get my fix on ifollow but can’t remember the last game they actually broadcast, so I’ve invested in a naughty stick, usually watch with the opposition commentary 🤔 more often than not they are so biased it’s unbelievable, you’d think we weren’t even involved in the game at all.
Clive & Oggy are pretty good I think, we’ll balanced but slightly in our favour.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I live away from the Coventry area, We’ve got season tickets but unable to get up for all the games, used to love away games but our new found popularity has put that to bed.
I used to get my fix on ifollow but can’t remember the last game they actually broadcast, so I’ve invested in a naughty stick, usually watch with the opposition commentary 🤔 more often than not they are so biased it’s unbelievable, you’d think we weren’t even involved in the game at all.
Clive & Oggy are pretty good I think, we’ll balanced but slightly in our favour.

Well can you imagine on here what would be said if Clive & Oggy weren't slightly in our favour. 😲

blunted

Rob Gurney is one of the good guys. Am I imagining it, but do we struggle when he is the commentator?
Agree with Grendel shock about Adam Dent. His interview with GMK founder Neville Hadsley who was threatened with legal action by McGinnty was despicible. Nev was possibly going to lose his home for criticism of the City Chairman and, as you can imagine was seriously distraught. Dent went for the jugular supporting the club, as he often did.

Users who are viewing this thread