Clattenberg (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Still being investigated by FA but the Met police are taking no action as there is no viable evidence of any offence.

It would seem that Mr Herbert (chairperson of the Society of Black Lawyers), who did not see or hear the alleged offence, was shall we say mistaken ? :thinking about:

scroobiustom

now for the counter sue - slander and deformation of character?

kg82

I heard it wasn't even mikel who heard it, it was ramires? No idea who reported it?

Grendel

I heard it wasn't even mikel who heard it, it was ramires? No idea who reported it?

It was Ramirez who incidently uses an interpretor to conduct interviews as his English is poor.

He was backed up by Liuz and a couple of other players.

Amazing how the hearing improved of these players when they could not hear the vile racist remarks spouted by John Terry the other week.

Time to throw the book at this disgusting club.

smileycov

Facebook User
This SBL are realy peeing me off!! i wish they would crawl back into the no mark lives they had before Roberts started moaning about the kick it out campaign. I mean seriously, they are now saying it is a police cover up and that football can not control it self. The police have said no "Victim" has come forward and there is no evidence to carry out an investigation. THe SBL were the ones who reported it the Police, chelsea went to the FA that is the right and proper route..........and don't get me started on on The whole "we will sue Tottenham, if there fans sing Yid army again!!" i mean for F***S sake. :facepalm:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Two interesting articles on the subject

firstly Herberts reaction to Clattenberg not being investigated by the Met Police
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20321225

Then a bit about Herbert himself
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20315169

My question is why the Clattenberg case ? why not suares, terry, etc .......... racism isnt new. Will he make complaint to the police when any law appears to be broken or will it be some what more selective?

The guy is not a fool by any means, infact he would appear to be extremely clever, but this does smack of self promotion of himself and the Society of Black Lawyers ...... or is that just how the press portray it.

But i still cant get past in my mind the divisive nature of his stance and the body he represents - even the name Society of Black Lawyers points to division. Shouldnt we aim for a society where it is a player not a black, white, pink or brown one. Shouldnt we aim for a society that has lawyers not black or white ones. Isnt that the real point?

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Fully agree OSB and there is a real danger that he will alienate people by his stance and attitude and therefore lose the very point he is trying to make. Racisim is bad in any form, but it is not just a black thing, whites can be discriminated against as well. it just seems too much at the moment.....every complaint apparently is race related!

coundonskyblue

I don't really see what authority this Herbert fellow has to go around getting involved with this. It has been dropped by the Met, therefore it is now an internal FA/Chelsea affair to sort out.

Also I think it is disgusting that such a discriminative group can exist. If I were to form the White Coventry City Supporters Club and declared no Blacks or Asians are allowed to join, it would rightly be shut down.

Herbert and his society of Black Lawyers are the biggest racists.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
The thing I have a problem with is that the SBL appear to have found Clattenburg guilty before any police investigation was even instigated. Surely you shouldn't name someone until they've been arrested (which I appreciate would be quite difficult in this case as there's only 1 ref...), let alone charged?? How would Herbert feel if a malicious rumour that he sexually assaulted someone was circulated when there was no case to answer?

If Chelsea's statement to the FA does include a 'race-hate' crime accusation, then yes, it is odd that no 'victim' has come forward. But if it was a case of Clattenburg saying 'shut up Mikel' and other players (further away than Mikel) mistakenly thinking they heard monkey, then I doubt the police would even pass the file to the CPS.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Two interesting articles on the subject

firstly Herberts reaction to Clattenberg not being investigated by the Met Police
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20321225

Then a bit about Herbert himself
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20315169

My question is why the Clattenberg case ? why not suares, terry, etc .......... racism isnt new. Will he make complaint to the police when any law appears to be broken or will it be some what more selective?

The guy is not a fool by any means, infact he would appear to be extremely clever, but this does smack of self promotion of himself and the Society of Black Lawyers ...... or is that just how the press portray it.

But i still cant get past in my mind the divisive nature of his stance and the body he represents - even the name Society of Black Lawyers points to division. Shouldnt we aim for a society where it is a player not a black, white, pink or brown one. Shouldnt we aim for a society that has lawyers not black or white ones. Isnt that the real point?

Herbert doesn't always win by the looks of things (and he appeared to pick an odd fight too defending this woman) - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2219317.stm

scroobiustom

If I applied to join the organisation (as a white man) and was rejected could I sue them for not being an equal rights group?

even the BNP allows non-British members (Carlos Cortiglia)

Paxman II

The fact that there is even a 'Society of Black Lawyers' is racist in my book if I was being picky. I'm not though, I'm tolerent and these groups need to rethink where they are coming from. "Together we stand, divided we fall" springs to mind?

Still being investigated by FA but the Met police are taking no action as there is no viable evidence of any offence.

It would seem that Mr Herbert (chairperson of the Society of Black Lawyers), who did not see or hear the alleged offence, was shall we say mistaken ? :thinking about:

Why have footballers become so increasingly sensitive of late - so this sort of stuff never occurred years ago ?

Heat of the moment remarks during highly charged games has always been par for the course with no threat of high courts, police prosecutions and lengthy FA bans - absolute madness.

Now the men in black are being implicated: (you really couldn't make this one up) - these people are the most vilified officials of any sport taking extraordinary flak physically and verbally every game from the very same players whinging about "that nasty man has upset me your honour".

Can we not draw a line under this nonsense before it get's completely out of hand otherwise the game could become unplayable with players having to appear in court rather than turn up for a game - maybe an ASBO or two could reduce theses incidences or reporting to the police at 3.00pm every Saturday - the mind boggles.

Tad

Anyone else find this slightly funny? Chelsea claiming racism...have they even met their own fans? Their called the "Animals" for a reason you know..

Grendel

Anyone else find this slightly funny? Chelsea claiming racism...have they even met their own fans? Their called the "Animals" for a reason you know..

I think they need to have a conversation with their odious captain before playing the race card.

Users who are viewing this thread