Clarrie Bourton - David McGoldrick (1 Viewer)

sky_blue_up_north

This is an interesting fact:
McGoldrick's goal made him the first Coventry player to score in five successive away games since the club's all-time record goalscorer Clarrie Bourton in 1931. So I guess he is more likely to leave us.....

CJparker

Yes that came up in the CWR commentary of today's game.

Will he leave us?? Forest haven't exactly been banging the goals in, so they may well take him back. If they want to lose him in January, we'd be in poll position. Yes, we're got no money, but nor does anyone else and he clearly enjoys it here. I think being managed by another former striker, MR, does no harm to his cause.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm pretty sure he will leave Forest, I want it be for us but it just doesn't seem likely. A championship club will probably take him on

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

It all boils down to wages. It's whether McGoldrick is willing to take a significant pay cut to play regular first team football with us, score goals and potentially end up as League 1 top scorer, or if he'd rather take similar wages at a Championship club and be happy as with appearances off the bench and irregular starts. He said previously that his family were settled in Nottingham, so I think that perhaps tips the balance slightly in our favour.

wingy

Barnsley may have cooled their interest after taking Tudgay on loan this week ,also from Forrest.

covcity4life

I think it boils down to where civil are on Jan 1st. If we are 12th or higher I think he will want to finish what he has started

Users who are viewing this thread