Clarke deal complete (1 Viewer)

@richh87

Can't even muster a smile.

Also, why is his name on the front of the shirt?

6etuqepy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

I give it a maximum of 18 months, he'll be holding up a different shirt looking glum while Wolves fans call him a dickhead on social media. Count it!

glancy89

Glad he's gone but only concern is why have we let him go without an immediate fit replacement ready to play next match....???? seems strange>?

Sub

another player through the doors thanks for the goals shame he had to mess it up at the end by refusing to play end but no player or owners for that matter is bigger than the club.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Glad he's gone but only concern is why have we let him go without an immediate fit replacement ready to play next match....???? seems strange>?

We've sold first in all the major transfers since relegation (McGoldrick, Clarke, etc.) doesn't mean anything and we don't have a game this weekend so there's time.

Let's wait until the window closes to shout at them.

ajsccfc

Deal! If it's actually 17 months, we split the winnings and spend it on couriering dog shit direct to his house.

Skyblue4u

Hope he ends up with piles sitting on a cold bench in the championship next year. No doubt forcing the issue he has gone for peanuts

@richh87

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...n-clarke-completes-move-wolverhampton-6647396

Leon Clarke has completed his move to Wolves for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old submitted a written transfer request to the Sky Blues this month and City accepted a third improved offer from Wanderers yesterday before the player travelled to his home town club for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

That was concluded last night and Clarke signed an 18-month contract with Wolves retaining an option of a further year.

The player is expected to go straight into the squad and set to make his Molineux debut against Bradford on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Godiva

We've sold first in all the major transfers since relegation (McGoldrick, Clarke, etc.) doesn't mean anything and we don't have a game this weekend so there's time.

Let's wait until the window closes to shout at them.

How much did we get for McGoldrick when we 'sold' him?

Grendel

How much did we get for McGoldrick when we 'sold' him?

Clarke also replaced mcgoldrick and was signed before mcgoldricks loan ended.

Schmeee has been reading the astute book of facts.

ajsccfc

Looking at his time here overall: very good, ruined by a disappointing end. Much like Mark Robins, or your penis.

Gint11

I am glad he has gone now. I was hoping for a U-turn but as soon as a player refuses to play its see you later from me. We don't need attitudes like that in the dressing room. To be honest out of the 2 strikers I'd prefer Wilson to be here as hes home grown and promising but we will miss Clarkes experience. We are crying out for 2 strikers now and SP knows that so keep the faith. We have lost better strikers than Clarke before.

thaiskyblue

Yes we have lost better strikers than Leon Clarke, but when we have we have,we been in a better situation to replace them .

Astute

Clarke also replaced mcgoldrick and was signed before mcgoldricks loan ended.

Schmeee has been reading the astute book of facts.

Fact one. Grendull earns over 100k doing an unskilled job :D

JulianDarbyFTW

Problem now is that clubs in L1 & L2 will possibly think we've got a bit of money to play with, and getting someone through the door could be more difficult than before. I imagine we'll end up with a freebie, a kid or a loan as a result.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Problem now is that clubs in L1 & L2 will possibly think we've got a bit of money to play with, and getting someone through the door could be more difficult than before. I imagine we'll end up with a freebie, a kid or a loan as a result.

Only if they live in cloud cuckoo land....everyone knows we're skint....

besides....the last couple loan/freebie strikers have done alright eh.:D

skybluenewman

Im glad to see him gone! I dont think he was amazing anyway to be honest. We have had much better strikers. Like someone else said, hes gone there to sit on the bench. Another 3-4 months playing then its over for him at wolves, provided they get promoted that is.

JulianDarbyFTW

The reason I say about the £ is because Sisus stance is pretty well known now, as is their pledge to fund the club in Northampton and back SP in the market.

I'm with you on the kids and freebies btw - not knocking it, just suggesting SP's 'targets' may need to come from a different pool of players than he possibly wanted.

ajsccfc

Im glad to see him gone! I dont think he was amazing anyway to be honest. We have had much better strikers.

There have only been a handful of players who've scored more goals in a single year for us than Clarke did in 2013. Whatever his attitude, he was a fantastic signing for us.

wingy

There have only been a handful of players who've scored more goals in a single year for us than Clarke did in 2013. Whatever his attitude, he was a fantastic signing for us.

TBH when you consider It we've had 3 really excellent Centre forwards albeit on loan + Leon ,the Difference Is that King and McGoldrick are/

were capable of succeeding at the higher level.

Users who are viewing this thread