City Fans Forum (1 Viewer)

vow

NEWS: Sky Blues looking for fans to join Supporters Forum

Looking for new representatives to join the Supporters Forum.

New categories are:
  • 18/19 Season Ticket holder representative – Under 30
  • 18/19 Season Ticket holder representative – Over 30
  • 18/19 Corporate Season Ticket holder representative
  • Disabled Supporter Representative.

shmmeee

What sort of categories are those?

Should be:

- Naive idiots yet to have their spirit broken (ST Under 30)
- Cynical Fuckers Who Remember The Good Old Days (ST Over 30)
- Prawn Sandwich Eaters (Corporate)
- Disabled
- Plastic Day Trippers
- Armchair fans
- People who shout "FOORRWAARRD"
- Singers Corner

rob9872

My daughter can do under 30, I'll do over 30. Stick dad in a wheelchair and job done ;)

vow

I've got no idea, there weren't any takers.

Unless they have added it hoping there will be one
Perhaps they've put it in the wrong section of "included already" rather than "wanted" groups?

vow

Anyhow, I reckon it's Dongo repping!

oucho

What sort of categories are those?

Should be:

- Naive idiots yet to have their spirit broken (ST Under 30)
- Cynical Fuckers Who Remember The Good Old Days (ST Over 30)
- Prawn Sandwich Eaters (Corporate)
- Disabled
- Plastic Day Trippers
- Armchair fans
- People who shout "FOORRWAARRD"
- Singers Corner

Don't forget the Jonathan Strange category to ensure that the indispensable wisdom and experience of Jonathan Strange is represented. Only one candidate need apply.....

oucho

Should let them know we don't actually have a representative.
I've got no idea, there weren't any takers. Unless they have added it hoping there will be one

I genuinely think that's a tough t hing - how could any one person "represent" the hugely diverse range of views on here without being seen as ignoring/not representing many Sky Blues Talk members?

My view is that this is a forum in its own right and doesn't need to be represented in this City Fans Forum; anyone on here will probably be represented in one of the other categories anyway.

mark82

I genuinely think that's a tough t hing - how could any one person "represent" the hugely diverse range of views on here without being seen as ignoring/not representing many Sky Blues Talk members?

My view is that this is a forum in its own right and doesn't need to be represented in this City Fans Forum; anyone on here will probably be represented in one of the other categories anyway.

Maybe, but never hurts to have someone else attend these things.

Rusty Trombone

Unless they are 30 years old, no reps for those.

oucho

Maybe, but never hurts to have someone else attend these things.
I suppose we could have someone attending and reporting back, provided they did not purport to speak for the wider Sky Blues Talk membership and any views they did express were stated solely in a personal capacity.

shmmeee

TBF being a rep isn't about having the same views it's about understanding and putting across the concerns of all your constituents. I'd argue a free and open forum like this one, if correctly collated and moderated, would be far more democratic and representative than any selection of members someone is likely to meet in public. Doesnt mean other reps couldn't comb SBT or actively solicit opinions from their target groups, but I can see the value of someone dedicated to the job.

pipkin73

TBF being a rep isn't about having the same views it's about understanding and putting across the concerns of all your constituents. I'd argue a free and open forum like this one, if correctly collated and moderated, would be far more democratic and representative than any selection of members someone is likely to meet in public. Doesnt mean other reps couldn't comb SBT or actively solicit opinions from their target groups, but I can see the value of someone dedicated to the job.
Is that you putting yourself forward for the job.

Nick

Administrator
That's about right.

I think it's more collecting issues or suggestions and then putting them forward and then reporting them back.

It's a shame the timing of them as that's not ideal at half five.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

TBF being a rep isn't about having the same views it's about understanding and putting across the concerns of all your constituents. I'd argue a free and open forum like this one,

"I'd argue a free and open forum like this one "

What an interesting concept.

shmmeee

"I'd argue a free and open forum like this one "

What an interesting concept.

Hold my beer.

@Nick You smell of cabbage and suck Joys toes for fun. Sisu are c*nts.

(I meant as in anyone can join, but this place is very reasonably moderated as well)

Edit: has the word filter been taken off?

Nick

Administrator
Can we get a category for people who aren't obsessed with 4-4-2 as well?

There is one already, people who know nothing ;)

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread