City 4 Gillingham 1 highlights. (1 Viewer)

oucho

And yet still there are posters here suggesting that this year's team is better than last year's, it's comical.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

More to the point, how did they fuck up so bad last year?

So much bad management and lack luster efforts from some players to throw away such a good position. There was so much all round quality and attributes we don't have this season. Mental!

That squad though did and a few of us said at the time have the makings off being unstuck in the winter months, heavy pitches, teams getting physical etc, it's why we needed experience in January to help battle through a tough time, but the experience we got was awful, no plan B, Joe Cole being accommodated despite not being fit didn't help and not having a back up for Armstrong was crucial as it was likely his early season form wasn't going to last the course.

Hindsight you wonderful thing!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That squad though did and a few of us said at the time have the makings off being unstuck in the winter months, heavy pitches, teams getting physical etc, it's why we needed experience in January to help battle through a tough time, but the experience we got was awful, no plan B, Joe Cole being accommodated despite not being fit didn't help and not having a back up for Armstrong was crucial as it was likely his early season form wasn't going to last the course.

Hindsight you wonderful thing!

I still lament Mowbray for picking the wrong team constantly. I do feel that was the biggest reason we slipped up so bad.

Players that weren't doing well kept getting played and were kept in the limelight, other players were left on the bench who I thought could make a difference. I still remember Fleetwood at home, I couldn't believe how passive we were. It may well be a while until we have a squad like that again! It reminded me of the season under Coleman when we had Fox, Dann etc. Then the season we got relegated reminds me of this one!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I still lament Mowbray for picking the wrong team constantly. I do feel that was the biggest reason we slipped up so bad.

Players that weren't doing well kept getting played and were kept in the limelight, other players were left on the bench who I thought could make a difference. I still remember Fleetwood at home, I couldn't believe how passive we were. It may well be a while until we have a squad like that again! It reminded me of the season under Coleman when we had Fox, Dann etc. Then the season we got relegated reminds me of this one!

I'm sure there was a stat around after that Gillingham game about the lack of times the front 4 that day then never played together again or something like that.

We used to win there'd be 3/4 changes!

This season is that Thorn season, I think we will stay up but be comfortably bottom 8!

rd45

I'm sure there was a stat around after that Gillingham game about the lack of times the front 4 that day then never played together again or something like that.

We used to win there'd be 3/4 changes!

This season is that Thorn season, I think we will stay up but be comfortably bottom 8!

Think the constant team changes were a big part of how the wheels came off. But also remember that TM jinxed us by saying how he'd been top at Christmas twice, then missed the playoffs. Seems like he fulfilled his own prophecy. All very well not getting carried away, but it's just going to burst your balloon if you're hearing that as soon as you've gone top.

A year is a long time. :/

CJ_covblaze

Had major knee surgery that morning. I was still on the table at 1pm. After half an hour in recovery I refused to stay and discharged myself so I could go to the game. Still felt sick, groggy and out of it from the drugs and anaesthetic but that performance made it all the pain go away for a few hours. When the fourth went in I thought I was still under! Love what football can do to brighten up your day. Also makes Saturday even worse.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Had major knee surgery that morning. I was still on the table at 1pm. After half an hour in recovery I refused to stay and discharged myself so I could go to the game. Still felt sick, groggy and out of it from the drugs and anaesthetic but that performance made it all the pain go away for a few hours. When the fourth went in I thought I was still under! Love what football can do to brighten up your day. Also makes Saturday even worse.

Were you playing in the Gillingham defence that day!?

CJ_covblaze

Moff

Well there are certainly a few believing the budget is the same as last year.

No there aren't, so cut the divisive crap.

People say it isn't the lowest in the league, and then various people with no facts argue whether its top six or bottom six. You being one of them.

When someone with the facts shows them I will listen, until then what you and others write on the subject is unproven rubbish, so ironically bad mouthing them is bad mouthing yourself.

italiahorse

No there aren't, so cut the divisive crap.

People say it isn't the lowest in the league, and then various people with no facts argue whether its top six or bottom six. You being one of them.

When someone with the facts shows them I will listen, until then what you and others write on the subject is unproven rubbish, so ironically bad mouthing them is bad mouthing yourself.
I can see players of a lower standard than last year, I can see a manager with no real experience (again). It has to be budget.
The proof is out there if you want to look for it,
I see people diverting the budget shortfall to blame Mowbray.
I see Sisu getting off lightly when they cut the budget and people argue their case while Sisu say nothing.
I see people on here slagging off other fans for daring to try and fight to get rid of Sisu.
I see dead people.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can see players of a lower standard than last year, I can see a manager with no real experience (again). It has to be budget.
I see Sisu getting off lightly when they cut the budget and people argue their case while Sisu say nothing.
I see people on here slagging off other fans for daring to try and fight to get rid of Sisu.
I see dead people.

Mowbray got rid of Martin
Mowbray got rid of Vincelot
Mowbray got rid of O'Brien
Mowbray aimed for Championship players
Mowbray failed to sign Championship players
Mowbray waited until the last minute
Mowbray put together an under par squad too late

Venus can come under those above too. I hate SISU, but Mowbray and Venus royally fucked up.

It's absolutely clear as day.

italiahorse

Mowbray got rid of Martin
Mowbray got rid of Vincelot
Mowbray got rid of O'Brien
Mowbray aimed for Championship players
Mowbray failed to sign Championship players
Mowbray waited until the last minute
Mowbray put together an under par squad too late

Venus can come under those above too. I hate SISU, but Mowbray and Venus royally fucked up.

It's absolutely clear as day.

All those could be answered by lack of budget.
IMHO Mowbray only fault was that he must have agreed to work within that budget.

Nick

Administrator
IMHO Mowbray only fault was that he must have agreed to work within that budget.

It isn't football manager with the cheats on, there is a budget, managers have to work within it. It's how it works.

Unless you can see every other league 1 manager sat there throwing silly money about?

Moff

I see dead people.

You need a lie down.

Budget up, down, or the same, Mowbray's recruitment was pretty poor this season.

The budget is shit under SISU that is unquestionable but no one on here knows what it is, or where we are in the budget league, so we have what we have and we have to spend it well. Personally I don't think we have.

Last edited:

stupot07

You need a lie down.

Budget up, down, or the same, Mowbray's recruitment was pretty poor this season.

The budget is shit under SISU that is unquestionable but no one on here knows what it is, or where we are in the budget league, so we have what we have and we have to spend it well. Personally I don't think we have.

Nail on head.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Wrong - they could have refrained Martin and Vincelot easily instead they resigned tudgay and Ricketts. They signed a championship player in Reid they spent a fee on Jones and turnball and they bought Ghadzev.
Doubt seppella made any of those decisions.
What do you think?

robbiekeane

Wrong - they could have refrained Martin and Vincelot easily instead they resigned tudgay and Ricketts. They signed a championship player in Reid they spent a fee on Jones and turnball and they bought Ghadzev.
What do you think?
stop being so pragmatic its big bad SISUs fault

hate what they're doing in Aleppo too

italiahorse

What do you think?

As I said.
He agreed a budget and worked within it.
Hence the downward spiral of quality players.

Users who are viewing this thread