Transfer Rumour Christian Doidge..kind of (1 Viewer)

vow

Bare with me please....

Hibernian have signed him (unfortunately for us) from Forest Green for around only £300k, a snip if you ask me!

Anyhow, does this mean Marc McNulty isn't on their radar anymore and possibly a target for a loan from us!?

PS. I wish we'd have been in for Doidge as he's a finisher.

Thoughts?

JimmyHillsbeard

If ever a player deserves a bit of luck it’s Doige after the disgraceful way he was treated by Bolton last year - they signed him on loan with an agreement to sign permanently in January, only to default on the payment and he was then unable to play for a third club so had to return to Forest Green Rovers for the rest of the season on a non-contract.

And speaking of players being treated appallingly. Have you all seen the Chris Stokes interviews abt the Bury players not being paid since March?

vow

Pps. I don't normally do 'rumours' so please forgive me!
However, logically thinking and if Reading could pay some of his wages, just might happen!!?

torchomatic

Pps. I don't normally do 'rumours' so please forgive me!
However, logically thinking and if Reading could pay some of his wages, just might happen!!?

And, we are the only place he's ever scored a decent amount of goals.

Reactions: vow

vow

We aren't looking to sign a striker this summer according to Badlan
True, he did say that, but that could be a smoke screen perhaps?
Or a bit of a psychology boost for our current strikers!?

SkyBlueDom26

We have got to sign a striker this window, not having a 15+ goal a season striker last season was the difference in going up

mrtrench

We have got to sign a striker this window, not having a 15+ goal a season striker last season was the difference in going up

Hiwula scored 12 in the league from just 35 games - most from the wing. It took a while to gel as he was new. It's not hard to imagine that he can score 15+ next season. Maybe still from the wing...

shmmeee

Hiwula scored 12 in the league from just 35 games - most from the wing. It took a while to gel as he was new. It's not hard to imagine that he can score 15+ next season. Maybe still from the wing...

If he’s played 90 mins of every game he’d have got 16, so not hard to imagine at all.

I think we’ll be fine.

Reactions: vow

no_loyalty

Quite possible as they have a new manager?

Same manager as last season, will be interesting to see if McNulty is back training with the Reading first team, or still frozen out.

vow

Same manager as last season, will be interesting to see if McNulty is back training with the Reading first team, or still frozen out.
Looking at the Reading site, Jose Gomes (Manager) came in December and McNulty went to Hibs on loan in Jan 31st, so he had plenty of time to make his mind up on MMc I guess.

They also have 8 first Team strikers too, including MMc. and it will be interesting to see where he fits in, as you mentioned.

SkyBlueCRJ

True, he did say that, but that could be a smoke screen perhaps?
Or a bit of a psychology boost for our current strikers!?

No I think it's as simple as that we've already invested pretty heavily (for our standards) in two strikers and there isn't room in the budget to bring in any more.

Robins will keep the faith in Chaplin/Baka because I think he does genuinely believe both could come good. But at the same time, he needs to cover his own back given the amount of investment that's gone into the pair. As a result makes no sense to offload them now.

So basically I think the reasoning why another striker may not come in (unless someone considerably better comes along) is because 1) He wants to keep the faith as both are young. 2) There's likely to be little room in the budget to accommodate another striker to come in. 3) I think this is minor but I'd hedge my bets he probably feels like he needs to cover his own back slightly given the investment - writing them both off now hardly looks great does it?

Users who are viewing this thread