Chris Wilder (1 Viewer)

Gaz

Thought i'd check an Oxford fan forum website out to see if there was any news on Wilder who has obviously been linked with our club, and to my surprise there is a lot on there who want him gone. ( 78% in favour of sacking him )

There was a few on here who seemed very vocal about him coming to be our new manager.
They have let in 11 goals in there last 3 league games :eek:

http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=oufcmanagement&action=display&thread=11092

Last edited:

ccfc92

Thought i'd check an Oxford fan forum website out to see if there was any news on Wilder who has obviously been linked with our club, and to my surprise there is a lot on there who want him gone. ( 78% in favour of sacking him )

There was a few on here who seemed very vocal about him coming to be our new manager.
They have let in 11 goals in there last 3 league games :eek:

will fit right in then :claping hands: :whistle:

Sutty

I was at their game yesterday. They looked a bit toothless in the first half, played some decent football but mixed it up with some direct long balls to Deane Smalley up front who put himself about but had no quality at all. Alfie Potter (looks a real player by the way) was their best attacking threat. It was a pretty even game but Burton scored a couple of absolute corkers to lead 2-0 at half time.

Wilder made a couple of half time substitutions which made a real difference. John-Paul Pittman and Tom Craddock both gave them much more attacking threat and they were unlucky not to score. Then Jacques Maghoma (another who really impressed me) scored a great free-kick to put the game beyond doubt. Then the defence fell apart and they conceded a fourth.

It was a frustrating game for Oxford because they could have got something out of the match on another day but ended up getting stuffed, so I wouldn't read too much into what is probably quite a heat of the moment poll.

Gaz

How can the manager be at fault from 3 incredible, unstoppable strikes?

I'll wait for you to tell me how.

3 incredible, unstoppable goals :thinking about:

What about the other 8 they have let in over the last 3 league games :facepalm:

Maaaaaardy

3 incredible, unstoppable goals :thinking about:

What about the other 8 they have let in over the last 3 league games :facepalm:

I didn't say about the other games, I said how can the manager be at fault for 3 unstoppable goals? He can't. I didn't mention 11 in 3 conceded, I didn't want him as manager anyway, but yesterday they unquestionably didn't deserve a 4-0 loss.

Gaz

I didn't say about the other games, I said how can the manager be at fault for 3 unstoppable goals? He can't. I didn't mention 11 in 3 conceded, I didn't want him as manager anyway, but yesterday they unquestionably didn't deserve a 4-0 loss.

Well I did mention the other games as I started the thread off with them included.

So think next time little boy before quoting and jumping in.

Also the vast majority of Oxford fans are saying on there fans forums that they did deserve to lose and were awful.
Not my words, but theres ..

''His tactics were wrong the starting team was not strong enough and Burton quite deservedly took advantage of that.''

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.c...on=display&thread=11085&page=10#ixzz26e1cjQPa

Nonleagueherewecome

I was at their game yesterday. They looked a bit toothless in the first half, played some decent football but mixed it up with some direct long balls to Deane Smalley up front who put himself about but had no quality at all. Alfie Potter (looks a real player by the way) was their best attacking threat. It was a pretty even game but Burton scored a couple of absolute corkers to lead 2-0 at half time.

Wilder made a couple of half time substitutions which made a real difference. John-Paul Pittman and Tom Craddock both gave them much more attacking threat and they were unlucky not to score. Then Jacques Maghoma (another who really impressed me) scored a great free-kick to put the game beyond doubt. Then the defence fell apart and they conceded a fourth.

It was a frustrating game for Oxford because they could have got something out of the match on another day but ended up getting stuffed, so I wouldn't read too much into what is probably quite a heat of the moment poll.

Alfie Potter's is a great story, he was the main man in Havant's awe inspiring FA Cup run that took them to Anfield. A real pocket battleship of a player, I would love to see him playing for us. Reminds me of Micky Gynn a bit. It's great to see him finally find a club to call his home after such a nomadic time being loaned out. I think he'd have made it at Peterboro' if given a chance.

Talking of Peterboro'-the best non-league scouting network in the country? It's amusing that Barry Fry is seen as such a joke given that he's unearthed so many gems from obscurity. Maybe we should get Bobby Gould in as our Directer of Football and tell him to go and watch a non-league game every night like Fry does? We could do with a few Flynn, Pearce (Stu and Andy) and Busst types in our squad.

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh and yes, Jacques Maghoma-I like him a lot too! Strong goalscoring midfielder. Bit of a slow start at Burton, but has good pedigree after being a youngster at Spurs. Him and Zola looked unplayable yesterday-maybe a penalty win was a good result for us against Burton?!

Maaaaaardy

Well I did mention the other games as I started the thread off with them included.

So think next time little boy before quoting and jumping in.

Also the vast majority of Oxford fans are saying on there fans forums that they did deserve to lose and were awful.
Not my words, but theres ..

''His tactics were wrong the starting team was not strong enough and Burton quite deservedly took advantage of that.''

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.c...on=display&thread=11085&page=10#ixzz26e1cjQPa

I don't give a fuck what you said, I questioned you about the ONE game, and THREE unstoppable goals. So don't act like a know it all tosser when we're all here to discuss a game of football.

Also, I know they want him gone, as soon as I saw "He won't be going to Coventry" I immediately knew that he's already ours!

Gaz

I don't give a fuck what you said, I questioned you about the ONE game, and THREE unstoppable goals. So don't act like a know it all tosser when we're all here to discuss a game of football.

Also, I know they want him gone, as soon as I saw "He won't be going to Coventry" I immediately knew that he's already ours!

Just make sure you look at what the thread was started about next time before jumping in and quoting me, and making yourself look silly.
Now, be gone little one.

Users who are viewing this thread