Chris Kirkland Released (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

By Preston. Would it be a good thing to bring him back.
Soz if already mentioned

Grendel

Why? As the treatment table is feeling sad and lonely now the cappuccino man has hobbled off to pastures new?

malkitccfc

Yes. He's not played much the past two seasons but hes been on the bench everyweek so he must have kept himself fit

no_loyalty

I'd take Rob Green (released by QPR) instead

duffer

I'm not sure he's been injured that much over the last few seasons, has he? Just not first-choice at Preston as I understand it, but he had 84 appearances for Sheff Weds in his time there.

I'd like an experienced keeper to both support and challenge RCC. He has definitely improved this year but I think cost us a few games earlier on.

skybluesam66

That would put RCC down to reserve - and he has come on so much, wouldnt want to stop his development, and there are so many more positions we need to fill first = so its a no from me

Brylowes

That would put RCC down to reserve - and he has come on so much, wouldnt want to stop his development, and there are so many more positions we need to fill first = so its a no from me
Why would it put RCC down to reserve, surely TM would select the best keeper
based on training and coaches say so . If that was judged not to be RCC then
that must be of benefit to the team.

stupot07

We don't need another keeper unless Burge is moving on, RCC has really developed this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

I'd like to have Joe Murphy back, just to hear him bollocking the defence. Doesn't have to play, he'll do it from the bench and we'd all still hear it. I love Joe Murphy.

steve82

RCC I believe TM sees as a no1 so a player like CK at his stage of his career would surely only come to sit on the bench if he's going to do some sort of coaching role within the club.
Personally I think a young keeper aged 21-25 to push RCC would be better. I don't rate Lee Burge to develop much more personally.

Hobo

Agree with steve82

torchomatic

I agree with Hobo who agrees with Steve.

Oz Howie

Very rarely do GK in their early 20's stop developing. Still confident there's improvement left in Burge but he's definitely behind RCC.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Using Wigan as an example, I would prefer an experience keeper if we are going to challenge for promotion.

As part of their spending they got O'Donnell (I think it is) from Walsall, who in fairness dos have some decent games while on their books.

They however ended the season, and their fortunes clearly changed, with Jaaskalianen in goal. They gained promotion.

I do trust RCC and rate him highly (had a good chat with him at the awards night too), but in not sure Kirkland would be the best choice.

Gazolba

He's much better than RCC when he is fit. But the 'when he is fit' part worries me.

D

Deleted member 2477

Best keeper i saw this season was Burtons. If he was available we should defo buy

steve82

A stat on David Bentley he faced 6 pens and saved 4 of them. Top keeper in the making, championships a minimum for him

Gint11

Sentiments there but no thanks. Kirkland is as injury prone as Johnson and Turner. As someone pointed out on another thread, I'd rather players with lesser ability but can play a whole season. RCC is good enough at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Way Back

Both our 2 young keepers have improved this season but are they good enough for a promotion challenging team or do we need a more experienced man in ? I like RCC but keeper is such an important position & if we got the right signing now it could save us a load of points next season.

Difficult for young keepers learning the game, player makes a mistake & gets over it but keeper makes a mistake & we're a goal down.

Gint11

RCC recent displays has shown me he is good enough. If your defence is poor you put more pressure on your keeper. He did have a spell where he made school boy errors but MV and TM will work on that going forward with Oggy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Bury that thought....

D

Deleted member 2477

Id have kirkland as no 1 anyday over rcc. Hes still to mistake prone and put the defence on the back foot with his rash passes to the back four. If we are serious about a promotion this season then building the defence on a solid keeper is a must

Astute

RCC is good enough for this level. He improved quite a bit last season. We have other players that are good enough for this level. But that is the problem.

How many times did we play well last season but didn't win because the other team had a GK that kept them in the game? If we can get players in that are above this level and not just good enough for this level we will have a chance of promotion. A good GK does much more than diving about and jumping to catch the ball. It is the much more that comes with experience.

Users who are viewing this thread