Chris Kirkland Rehab (1 Viewer)

covbromsgrove

I think I heard before that Chris suffered from depression and it's a state that never truly goes away. I don't know why but I always used to get mixed up with Kirkland and Tim Flowers, both local lads, both followed quite similar career routes. Flowers is now in charge at Solihull Moors who I go to watch when City are playing away, CCFC season ticket holders get in for £10. Maybe Chris needs to get back into football in a coaching capacity near his family.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
His tweet the other week was good to see; being so open about where he was (video recorded whilst stood outside the rehab) and thanking all the staff involved in his road to recovery.

I found out last week while on a mental health first aider training session that andy Goram had a been diagnosed with mild schizophrenia while still playing!! Never knew this! Loved his cameo appearances for us at Highfield road! Wasn’t a long loan but used to love it running down towards our fans in the west terrace!

Reactions: Gaz

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I found out last week while on a mental health first aider training session that andy Goram had a been diagnosed with mild schizophrenia while still playing!! Never knew this! Loved his cameo appearances for us at Highfield road! Wasn’t a long loan but used to love it running down towards our fans in the west terrace!

How could you not know this? (t's rather infamous that when he came back the fans chant for him was "There's only two Andy Goram's"

christonabike

How could you not know this? (t's rather infamous that when he came back the fans chant for him was "There's only two Andy Goram's"
Maybe think about your post and joking aside realise it’s not funny really and this condition isn’t exclusive to footballers only.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe think about your post and joking aside realise it’s not funny really and this condition isn’t exclusive to footballers only.

I'm just pointing out it was a very well known chant so was surprised he didn't know about his condition.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

It’s a genuine fact. SBD meant nothing by it. When it came out public the next fixture the opposing fans sang that song

Unfortunately I worry that despite how times have changed, songs similar would be likely to come from the stands even in today’s world.

letsallsingtogether

Heard him on Talksport earlier in the week.
What a top bloke hid nothing spoke really well.

Users who are viewing this thread