Chris Evans to host Top Gear! (1 Viewer)

armybike

Really, I mean really..........

Grendel

Sounds like a sensible choice.

lewys33

Best they could get considering. It won't be the top gear as we know it but hopefully they re-invent the show in a way which keeps the majority watching.

oakey

I hate Top Gear and I hate Chris Evans so I'm delighted that I can avoid both simultaneously.
seriously guys, it's so last century for middled aged, farty petrol heads.

i find it amazing that anyone watches such a bore fest.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I hate Top Gear and I hate Chris Evans so I'm delighted that I can avoid both simultaneously.
seriously guys, it's so last century for middled aged, farty petrol heads.

i find it amazing that anyone watches such a bore fest.

100% agree on all counts! Can't stand the show, can't stand Chris "Gobby" Evans and will be happy to say that I will never be watching. They've just replaced one obnoxious twat with another!

skybluetony176

Was always going to be. Its who else joins with him will be making or braking of Top Gear I feel. It's the dynamic of the three presenters that made it good not just one.

Terry Gibson's perm

Was always going to be. Its who else joins with him will be making or braking of Top Gear I feel. It's the dynamic of the three presenters that made it good not just one.

There will be 1 lady I would imagine and somebody from an ethnic background, they could put 3 page three models on there for all I care it's boring car shit in my eyes.

olderskyblue

I just hope they don't have Jodie Kidd as a presenter. She might be able to drive, but hopeless at presenting.

Captain Dart

I think you are missing the elephant in the room, it is about cars and therefore will not interest some people. Count me in the unintrested group.

ajsccfc

I've enjoyed Top Gear and I couldn't give the first shit about cars. It's more of a show about a gang of lads getting up to various japes with cars as a common thread.

duffer

I used to love Top Gear, but it was jaded long before Clarkson hit the self-destruct button. I'm not sure that Evans is the answer, he seems to talk an awful lot about nothing at all, but I guess we'll see. Who he has around him will make or break the programme, I'd say.

More cars, less tomfoolery would be good for me personally, but I know that's not why most people watch the show.

ajsccfc

With the co-presenters, they're not necessarily going with known names and are launching an audition process with the idea being that May and Hammond got their roles in the same way. They may have people who present video pieces too without being in-studio.

Users who are viewing this thread