Chris Eagles (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Brylowes

When my wife was pregnant, she went for a routine scan, then turned up at
my work in tears as they couldn't find a heartbeat and we were off to hospital.
Thankfully I'm typing this while listening to my beautiful 4 year old
daughter playing in the bath.
But for that two hours my world crashed, and I'll never stop being thankful
for my little girl.
All my thoughts go to he and his wife.

wingy

I guess that explains the betting team sheets and scorers early in the season.
Life can be harsh no matter your background.
Good luck to the pair of them.

covmark

Awful, me and my wife lost our little girl at 28 weeks. This really strikes a chord. The moment you find out is horrendous, then you have a two or three day wait before the birth. It's like your world has stopped. Then you have the trauma of the birth, where somewhere in your mind you're praying the doctors got it wrong, but you know it's not the case. The midwife tried to prepare us for the enormity of distress we were going to suffer. But it's an impossible task. Truly the worst time of our lives.

We now have two beautiful children and for that we're truly thankful, but we'll never really get over what happened.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Fair play to all who shared stories, my missus is a midwife and ive lost count of the number of times she has flopped into tears after coming home.

Terry Gibson's perm

Our little girl was born premature at 25 weeks and only survived a couple of minutes every time I see stories like this it brings a tear to my eye, we think about our daughter every day and still have a picture of her next to our bed the only one of our children that is.

AFCCOVENTRY

My pregnant wife lost our baby at 15 weeks. No heartbeat. Not as bad as some here but it does turn your world upside down. Feel for him and all you guys here with your experiences.

Life is precious...

Hobo

A very tragic thing to experience.

Malaka

It just goes to show that when we are pissed off with a player or anyone for that matter, we don't have a clue what is going through their mind and the pressures they are under.

hill83

Horrible, having the babies room ready to go and then nobody to fill it must be heartbreaking.

letsallsingtogether

Gutted for him
My wife had a miscarriage while we were on holiday in france not the same but heartbreaking just the same

CJ_covblaze

I know it's nothing compared to what you guys have gone through and my heart goes out to all of you but just want to share my Son, Cooper's story as awareness may help another child in the future.

At one day old the docs and nurses at Walsgrave did not understand what was happening and put his symptoms of jaundice, low temperature and restlessness down to inconsistent feeding. His Mum had repeatedly requested a blood sugar check as her chemist friend said it was worth doing. After all a BM test costs a penny, maybe even half a penny and what harm would it do? After the senior midwife refused several times throughout the night a junior who had only been in the job a few months decided to do one the next morning. His sugars were 0.03, (normal range for a baby is around 3.00-4.00). He had been having seizures pretty much since birth due to the low sugars which was caused by a rare (he was the only one in the whole country at the time) genetic disorder. During the next few weeks in both the kids ward and intensive care the docs and nurses were bringing in text books to read up on it as neither they or the hospital, new building or old building had treated a child with the condition before.

We left Walsgrave after a few weeks and went to the kids hospital in Manchester (Great Ormond Street weren't clued up enough on it) which is where he had part of his Pancreas out at 10 weeks old thanks to a procedure that was a world first.

I'll never be able to thank the staff up there enough. The way how they looked after both him and us was brilliant. Whilst we were up there although things weren't great for us, it really made us feel lucky. There were 3 and 4 year olds that had never been home or even outside the building. A 1 year old that had already defied the odds by passing the 6 month mark and was there on a day by day basis. A 6 month old who's Mum on her trip home from the maternity ward had fallen whilst wearing a front sling/carrier (don't ever buy one, how are they allowed to be sold?!).

Another organisation that need a mention are Ronald McDonald House. Every penny put in the wirly coin drop thing and the boxes next to the tills is matched by McDonalds to fund free to use Premier Inn style hotels but with kitchens and other living areas for parents and siblings to stay in. They're situated at various kids hospitals across the country. Next time you're on an away day please remember what they're for. A few pence goes a long way.

Don't ever be afraid to question and if you don't get the answer or actions you were hoping for. Question again and again. Although he has to be monitored closely he thankfully is like a regular 3 year old boy now. If it wasn't for his Mum questioning senior professionals and the superb junior midwife going against the pressure of her mentors things would probably be a lot different.

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

15years ago my wife delivered a stillborn baby. We already had 4 girls and this was a little boy. It was heartbreaking...almost drove my wife and I apart (we were grieving v differently). The pain was unbearable for a time and whatever I or she said made it worse for the other. If it wasn't for our loving parents and the support they gave us and the needs of the girls we would have split. Every anniversary we go on our favourite walk (just the two of us) and take a few flowers to scatter.
2yrs later my wife gave birth to another baby boy.
Our kids (and we now have a granddaughter too) are our world but we never forget. We are stronger together because of that experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

My wife has lost 6 during pregnancy. Only one was advanced enough to have to be induced. But they all affected her badly. She lost one when at work. That was the worst as there was no way of hiding it. But on the bright side she has had 6 healthy children. And she lost one just before she got pregnant with our 14 year old and lost two before our 7 year old. If she hadn't we wouldn't have those two.

I know what you are saying CJ. I used to be santa for the seriously ill children. I remember one little boy. I stayed longer with him than I should but he wanted to talk to Santa :) His parents stopped me on my way out. It was the first time he had been smiling for weeks. They couldn't thank me enough. But it was something I enjoyed doing. I went back to the hospital a couple of days after Christmas to see how he was doing to find out that he passed away on Christmas day. It hit me bad. I have plenty of respect for people who work in this field. I don't know how they manage.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder what happened at Bury? Says their training regime injured him so he has been frozen out.

Would like to think if that happened to one of our player's wives then the club would be helping them as much as possible, and filling the ground with charity boxes for a childrens / maternity charity for a game to help.

Sick Boy

My wife has lost 6 during pregnancy. Only one was advanced enough to have to be induced. But they all affected her badly. She lost one when at work. That was the worst as there was no way of hiding it. But on the bright side she has had 6 healthy children. And she lost one just before she got pregnant with our 14 year old and lost two before our 7 year old. If she hadn't we wouldn't have those two.

I know what you are saying CJ. I used to be santa for the seriously ill children. I remember one little boy. I stayed longer with him than I should but he wanted to talk to Santa :) His parents stopped me on my way out. It was the first time he had been smiling for weeks. They couldn't thank me enough. But it was something I enjoyed doing. I went back to the hospital a couple of days after Christmas to see how he was doing to find out that he passed away on Christmas day. It hit me bad. I have plenty of respect for people who work in this field. I don't know how they manage.

Great post. I can assure you it affects midwives a lot more than many probably imagine.

Covstu

I have two healthy kids and thankful for that, I would say I can understand what he is going through but I cannot. I can only sympathise with his situation as no parent should go through this.

bringbackrattles

This keeps popping up a lot these days sadly,and a few on this site like me have gone through the loss of a child,as my baby son died just a few days old 29 years ago.So I understand how Chris Eagles is feeling and it does turn your world upside down,but life goes on even though that empty feeling never really goes away.

skybluebeduff

My niece has just been through the same thing with her partner, lost their baby on the due day. Anyone who has to witness the burial of a child will only have deepest sympathies with Chris Eagles right now, it's beyond words.

asiaskyblues

I trust Eagles and his partner have many kids in the future and you can tell it has made him a stronger person. But football aside Ilike you guys alot. You are good people and I'm proud to be associated with you.

Specs WT-R75

We lost what would have been our 3rd child at 23 weeks. Still very raw to this day. Heart goes out to Eagles and all the others on this thread - certainly puts things into perspective.

stevefloyd

Friends of mine lost their son just hours after being born..cause of death not known but they also called him Mason and I am pleased to announce that last week they gave birth to a healthy baby boy

AFCCOVENTRY

I know we all have Coventry as our club in common but it just shows how common the issue and pain of losing a baby is amongst many of us.

Some great people on this forum even though at times its gets a bit silly and heated.

But it just shows we are all human.

Nick

Administrator
I know we all have Coventry as our club in common but it just shows how common the issue and pain of losing a baby is amongst many of us.

Some great people on this forum even though at times its gets a bit silly and heated.

But it just shows we are all human.

I'd like to think that most on here are human despite the bickering. It puts it into perspective when things like this happen rather than SISU / Council etc.

wingy

What a humbling thread this is.
Story in the media today of a breakthrough which may see many miscarriages prevented through a technique developed at University Hospital Coventry.

bringbackrattles

When I lost my son 29 years ago one of the first people to offer me his condolences in the pub was a Villa fan who I'd given loads of grief too for a whole year,to the point we nearly came to blows on a couple of occasions.He was genuine and it stopped our childish "banter" and put things into perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread