Chesterfield Crowd (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Don't want to go into the debate, as I'm sure everyone's sick and tired of it but I was quite surprised on Tuesday to hear (or not to hear) Ched Evans get much stick at all really.

Was sat in Block 17 and didn't hear one song about him. I did leave on 90mins and didn't see the Page challenge on him so could well have missed it. I personally took the viewpoint that he was found not guilty and don't see any need to boo him or abuse him anyway...but I was pleasantly surprised to not hear someone chanting about a dark subject which is what I was half-expecting... don't know what everyone else thinks?

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
I put that on the other thread.

Not that as an innocent bloke by law now he should really (but thats another debate).

It was a nice surprise, did many realise it was him?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Didn't see it soz mate!

Agreed. I think all round the City fans gave the best/classy way of dealing with him - by just blanking him ...

As a player I thought he looked pretty decent, should of put a couple of chances away mind but no doubt he will be in a few weeks.

Brylowes

I would think having done time and having his private life exposed, and then being
Ridiculed and disgraced from all quarters, the bloke probably deserves a break.
Also, I was in block 17 and didn't hear a lot of singing about anything, poor crowd
And a dire atmosphere, this club needs a miracle to survive.
And by survive I don't mean "stay up"

Nick

Administrator
Didn't see it soz mate!

Agreed. I think all round the City fans gave the best/classy way of dealing with him - by just blanking him ...

As a player I thought he looked pretty decent, should of put a couple of chances away mind but no doubt he will be in a few weeks.

I thought he looked a bit of a wimp.

I don't know why, it might just be the persona by all the press attention but I was half expecting him to be a bit of a brute up front.

In fairness, when Page smashed him he just got up and ran off to play on.

wingy

Was more about general apathy than anything IMO
Like a morgue in there, we must have the most dispassionate fans going.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I don't know why, it might just be the persona by all the press attention but I was half expecting him to be a bit of a brute up front.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think his record at this level is outstanding and he would of had at least one but Willis made a quality last ditch block.

I would think having done time and having his private life exposed, and then being
Ridiculed and disgraced from all quarters, the bloke probably deserves a break.
Also, I was in block 17 and didn't hear a lot of singing about anything, poor crowd
And a dire atmosphere, this club needs a miracle to survive.
And by survive I don't mean "stay up"

I agree again, I just know what football fans are like. Atmosphere was flat as a pancake could hear what the ref was saying to the players.

Nick

Administrator
he did sometimes look one step ahead, you could see him making runs but players not realising.

I reckon his aim will be to move on from there now he has cleared his name.

hill83

Wasn't at the game myself. But I'm going to go with nobody knew who the fuck he was. Not the cleverest bunch football fans are we.

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't at the game myself. But I'm going to go with nobody knew who the fuck he was. Not the cleverest bunch football fans are we.

A few near me didn't seem to realise. I heard people explaining to people they were with who he was etc.

Not even boos the first time he got the ball or anything.

JulianDarbyFTW

A few near me didn't seem to realise. I heard people explaining to people they were with who he was etc.

Not even boos the first time he got the ball or anything.

I'm amazed how many people attend matches and have no idea who half of the players on our own team are, let alone the opposition. Genuinely confuses me. Even as a kid I could name the starting XI of most teams in the top two divisions, and most of those lower down. Although that was probably down to my Champ Man addiction to be fair. Still, my point stands.

D

Deleted member 2477

The problem with knowing the names of our first team is that 99% of it changes every season.
As a st holder its embarrasing turning up for the first few games and thinking whos that. Back in the good old days wede probably have a couple of new signings to add to our previous seasons team. Now its spot the player who was here last season

Otis

Going back a fair while I remember Peter Shilton getting stick all game long and that was just because the papers had discovered he was having an affair, so I am surprised Evans didn't get any stick at all.

He did behave appallingly whether guilty or not.

theferret

Was more about general apathy than anything IMO
Like a morgue in there, we must have the most dispassionate fans going.

Can't agree with that. The lack of atmosphere is just a reflection of the situation imo. Besides, every time I go away in league one (perhaps Millwall aside) I come away commenting on how flat the home fans were. I'd also take our away support over most of the clubs in this league.

Tuesday was especially flat though. It was eerie. A million miles from this time last season when the place was very lively.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I think Page tried for the latter.
It was a cracking 'challenge'. ;) Call me old-fashioned, but I think it's good tactics to let the opposition's 'star player' he's going to be in a hard game. Not to injure them obviously, but just to knock a bit of confidence out of them. Would Oztumer have equalised last week if someone had done a Stuart Pearce on Gally challenge on him?...

Brylowes

Going back a fair while I remember Peter Shilton getting stick all game long and that was just because the papers had discovered he was having an affair, so I am surprised Evans didn't get any stick at all.

Yes he did, the same as probably 80 % of lads would do given the opportunity that
The money in his pocket gives him. Never been any different, the aristocracy,film or
Rock stars, basically most young people living a life of wealth and privilege. IMO

Warwickhunt

Can't agree with that. The lack of atmosphere is just a reflection of the situation imo. Besides, every time I go away in league one (perhaps Millwall aside) I come away commenting on how flat the home fans were. I'd also take our away support over most of the clubs in this league.

Tuesday was especially flat though. It was eerie. A million miles from this time last season when the place was very lively.
You got to admit the standard of football played by all the 1st division sides is poor and does not get the fans going what so ever

martcov

He was beating his wife if I remember correctly- that's why he got abuse.

Grendel

He was beating his wife if I remember correctly- that's why he got abuse.

No it was to do with rather embarrassingly being caught with his trousers down - literally.

martcov

Maybe it was 'suspicion' of wife beating. I am pretty sure he got abuse about it - even if his wife denied it.

In 1981 it brought him into trouble when he was arrested for drink-driving after being caught with another man's wife in his car. His own wife, Sue, stood by him then as she has done throughout his more recent and accelerating decline into financial crisis. The relationship has not always been smooth. In December 1986 police were called to their Southampton home after a row and he was detained at his local station for several hours "cooling down". Later Mrs Shilton denied that her husband was a "wife beater".

Si80

Fella behind me shouted "rapist" at every given opportunity when Evans had the ball.

Stay classy block 22.

Grendel

Maybe it was 'suspicion' of wife beating. I am pretty sure he got abuse about it - even if his wife denied it.

In 1981 it brought him into trouble when he was arrested for drink-driving after being caught with another man's wife in his car. His own wife, Sue, stood by him then as she has done throughout his more recent and accelerating decline into financial crisis. The relationship has not always been smooth. In December 1986 police were called to their Southampton home after a row and he was detained at his local station for several hours "cooling down". Later Mrs Shilton denied that her husband was a "wife beater".

Read the comment on here about it;

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/27...nts-that-never-get-reported?limit=20&start=40

SkyBlueSid

I can remember that Shilton was actually disliked by Leicester fans because he wanted to leave. The reason was apparently that Shilton's wife was (allegedly) carrying on with Frank Worthington at the time, which was a major reason for him wanting away. The Leicester fans would chant "Frankie shagged your missus" from behind his goal.

covcity4life

fackin page smashed hum up bruv. lucky lameries ddint nut him

we are propa hard

league 1 babay

Nick

Administrator
fackin page smashed hum up bruv. lucky lameries ddint nut him

we are propa hard

league 1 babay

It is a good job to be honest Ruben didn't do it. He wouldn't have just got up and run off.

Depends if you saw any of it on the highlights though I guess?

Otis

I can remember that Shilton was actually disliked by Leicester fans because he wanted to leave. The reason was apparently that Shilton's wife was (allegedly) carrying on with Frank Worthington at the time, which was a major reason for him wanting away. The Leicester fans would chant "Frankie shagged your missus" from behind his goal.
I have as in the West End and his lover was called Tina and I just recall the City fans relentlessly chanting 'Tina, Tina, Tina, Tina' at him the whole match.

It clearly irked him and therefore that gave the City fans second wind!! ;)

skybluegod

Didn't hear any abuse towards Evans in block 15/16. But was plenty towards Tudgay, who according to the lovely gents in block 15, should kill himself before playing in the shirt again... Nothing like positive support...

Nick

Administrator
Didn't hear any abuse towards Evans in block 15/16. But was plenty towards Tudgay, who according to the lovely gents in block 15, should kill himself before playing in the shirt again... Nothing like positive support...
Christ!

Users who are viewing this thread