Chelsea Dagger (1 Viewer)

SBS

When does this song get too old and tacky for it to be played at every possible opportunity at the Ricoh?! We've produced some quality musicians as a city, why not play a bit of The Specials after we score?

jabharty

They specifically choose the songs that make the crowd throw their arms in the air like bloody puppets. They will always have a song that everyone can sing along to. Take the euro 2012 celebration song. I quite liked that, all the countries could sing the tune to it.
But I would say that Chelsea dagger is getting really old. Would quite like the euro 2012 song to be in place.
Would Ghost Town be apt for the Ricoh? :D
Haha!

Last edited:

pusbccfc

I've said for years it should be twist and shout.

Also before the game we should play the Eton boating song (Pusb without the words). Like we did a few years ago. But we should actually sing along to it, just like west ham or leeds.

SBS

I really think that one problem with the club is that it isnt unique enough. Our ground looks the same as every other new stadium and songs like Chelsea Dagger and Just can't get Enough are played and sang by clubs everywhere. The whole match day experience is a bit stale and needs freshening up. I love going to grounds that play their own songs and get the crowd going too. Maybe not ghost town, but everyone could get involved with A Message to you Rudy !

covross

i don't care for music after we score a goal, but we should definitely come out the tunnel the the Eton boating tune a la bubbles and z cars.

ogrizovic1987

It should be 'The Guns of the Navarone' by the Specials - instantly chant-able, like Chelsea Dagger and Seven Nation Army, Coventry connected and even mentions the word Ricoh (sort of)

Should have had a checkerboard two-tone away strip on the Two-Tone anniversary too... Would have sold beyond the usual fanbase. The club's too slow to capitalise on these things...

jimmyhillsfanclub

If its gonna be a specials tune...its gotta be "Monkey Man"

...a suitable alternative....."Send in the clowns (They're already here)"

hill83

Should be the Lux Aeterna (Requiem for a Dream) when we come out, the composer is fom coventry too.

TheSnoz

Goal music is terrible, an American kind of thing. So plastic. And while we're talking, can they switch the tannoy off at least for a few minutes at half time so we can hear ourselves talk? Part of the fun of football is talking about it with your friends. Great win last night by the way.

WestEndAgro

It should be 'The Guns of the Navarone' by the Specials - instantly chant-able, like Chelsea Dagger and Seven Nation Army, Coventry connected and even mentions the word Ricoh (sort of)

Should have had a checkerboard two-tone away strip on the Two-Tone anniversary too... Would have sold beyond the usual fanbase. The club's too slow to capitalise on these things...

Would you consider running for PM ? You have my vote, Guns of Navarone would be brilliant, as for the Two-Tone away kit, bring it on.

ogrizovic1987

Would you consider running for PM ? You have my vote, Guns of Navarone would be brilliant, as for the Two-Tone away kit, bring it on.

Ha ha - cheers... But as for Pm - nah, just a couple of common sense ideas to help get the club out the crap. Think the country is too far in to help.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Goal music is terrible, an American kind of thing. So plastic. And while we're talking, can they switch the tannoy off at least for a few minutes at half time so we can hear ourselves talk? Part of the fun of football is talking about it with your friends. Great win last night by the way.

Snoz I agree completley. Modern football has become so americanised

skybluelee

It should be nothing as we are not fucking american. Do we really need to be told to cheer and jump up and down when we score? I grew up finding it quite a natural reaction to cheer after goals. I never once thought please can you play some wanky pop music to ruin the moment.

1nilandwe...

Yup. If you want goal music, go to the Sky Dome.
But as a few on here have alluded to, the Eton Boating Song as we come out should be an absolute must.

Macca

I m interested in what happens on the pitch. I don t need this continuous extra stimuli that seems necessary these days. When they brought it into cricket I was gutted

Monkeyface

I agree, no silly music, but if so many on here agree why do they carry on with it. And whilst we're at it can we get that guy to stop shouting 'hello to the west staaaaaaaaaaaand' or 'sing up for your skyyyyyyyyyyy blllllllllues'.
And we should definitely be coming out to the Eton Boating song, as we used to, another thing.... Why don't we drop 'just can't get enough' and do the same with 'Gangsters'?

skybluelee

Agree monkeyface. That bloke is cringeworthy. We are micky mouse enough as it is without him making it even worse.

skybluedaze

When does this song get too old and tacky for it to be played at every possible opportunity at the Ricoh?! We've produced some quality musicians as a city, why not play a bit of The Specials after we score?

Love The Specials, good idea. What about Ghost Town?! ;) Hate Chelsea Dagger.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It's like everything these days. If it's not been "Americanised", it's outdated! I think we should bring back ELO's "Mr Blue Sky" as the team come out and leave it at that. No stoopid songs when a goal is scored!

skybluedaze

It's like everything these days. If it's not been "Americanised", it's outdated! I think we should bring back ELO's "Mr Blue Sky" as the team come out and leave it at that. No stoopid songs when a goal is scored!

I prefer it when there's no goal music, i like to hear the crowd going nuts. Mr Blue Sky's an uplifting tune, would be appropriate to change it to signify a new beginning.

ccfc_Tom

They have been doing mr blue sky again

Users who are viewing this thread