Cheesey as it sounds (1 Viewer)

woody11462

I know this sounds a bit OTT and it may be down to the bottle of Smirnoff I've downed and havin watched the Coventry highlights over and over again but . . . . . . .

Is there any way of getting a personal message to McGoldrick about how much he is appreciated at City and how much we would love him to sign. His celebration in front of the city fans for his second seemed quite passionate. If I didn't give a shite bout the team I was on loan at, I wouldn't be sliding across the turf like that, he seemed to really enjoy the moment and to be the main focal point in a team scoring for fun must be pretty self satisfactory.

I don't think he is on twitter or anything like that but how bout contacting another player to pass on a general partition (weak, I know) or getting the CET or Skyblueplayer to pass something on, personal messages, etc? The extra personal touch might hammer home what he has built up here.

ccfc92

Carl baker is on Facebook :) agree though, but it will only work if hundreds of fans say the same to him over the net

georgehudson

as a resident 'old fart' i'd echo that,
in the words of cloughie the elder,
'young man, you'd do yourself a huge favour'
PUSB

woody11462

It might not mean anything, or it might just swung it. Either way it's something that will cost the fans and club nothing in terms if monitary value but nay make the slightest difference. The whole point of the post was that someone would come up wit a more valid idea than the shite I've posted. I'm watching the goals again as we speak as he has a major hand in all four. Personally as an ex striker at a decent level, to okay in a team that's firing on all cylinders is a dream come true.

Macca

I don t think it will be the critical issue personally but hey couldn't do any harm. Sadly I don t understand all this twitter malarkey so I ll just shout at him

skybluenewman

To be quite honest i think david will already be having a sneaky peak at this site in order to see what the fans view is of him. You could start a thread for him on here and ask baker on Facebook or even clarke on twitter to get him viewing the thread. I think we could possibly get this going.

Otis

I want to find out where he lives and offer him up my wife and slippers.

I also have some nice Taste the Difference biscuits from Sainsbury's.

D

Deleted member 4232

I have a nice cracker selection and a good brie to throw in. Maybe we all throw on a lovely lunch, take turns pleading him to stay ;)

Otis

Great idea.

I also have some spare guppies he can have.

These obviously wouldn't form part of any picnic or luncheon activity.

gally9

Dead easy, we print off "please stay" banners on A4.

Get as many of us as possible to do it, hand then out on New Year's Day.. When the players come out we hold the paper up and sing his name.. Oooshhh

Lets do it :)

Otis

Or we all sing 'Price Tag' at him!

'It's not about the money, money, money, you don't need the money, money, money.'

Tank Top

I don't think for one second that D.M isn't aware of the fact that he has become a genuine cult hero with the fans at the Ricoh Arena and those that give such wonderful away support ,i'm sure that he is basking in the warm glow of Footballers Heaven that strikers feel when every Ball they hit ends up in the Back of the net.
But this success, is a double edged sword, as It won't have escaped the Attention of scouts for other clubs on the look out for what is on every managers wish list, "A striker in the form of his life"
I'm sure that David likes playing for us, why wouldn't he?..he is born again and scoring for fun, but in the end, he will sign for the most money, his agent wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't.
I sugest to SISU, That instead of looking for a six thousand capacity stadium, they concentrate on signing David, settling the rent Issue with ACL by accepting what is in reality, a more generous offer than ever expected by ACL, Stop comparing the average rent in div one to ours because the RIcoh is no average Stadium.
I firmly believe that if our form continues, and at this time it certainly doesn't look like a flash in the pan, there is no reason to think that the crowds will not return before the end of the season, Fickle or not, Fans like to watch a winning team, and that's what we are, the turn round, has been dramatic, and if it continues it will be hard for fans to stay away, and gates of 15 to 20,000 could be just arround the corner, this I firmly believe.
I feel that ACL have made an amazing offer to SISU, we will see in the next week or so if they are really interested in taking CCFC to a higher level or are merely looking for a way out.

kg82

as a resident 'old fart' i'd echo that,
in the words of cloughie the elder,
'young man, you'd do yourself a huge favour'
PUSB

Funny enough, Robins kind of reminds me of Cloughie (voice and mannerisms)! He's kind of living up to the managerial bit at the moment too!

Brighton Sky Blue

Find where he lives and spray 'We love you David McGoldrick' on the drive. Worked on the Inbetweeners.

Samo

That is the funniest post I've ever read! Thank you :D

Users who are viewing this thread