Chaplin (1 Viewer)

speedie87

article on my telegraph site that Chaplin told robins he wanted to play upfront and play off shoulder of last defender hence the change on Saturday, as he wasn’t getting enough chances playing deep linking play.

About time- what took so long.

Nick

Administrator
article on my telegraph site that Chaplin told robins he wanted to play upfront and play off shoulder of last defender hence the change on Saturday, as he wasn’t getting enough chances playing deep linking play.

About time- what took so long.

He only played there for the first hour. He missed the best chance while playing deeper.

Pete in Portugal

Contrary to some on here, I thought he did pretty well for the 60 minutes, when he was up top. He was pretty mobile, his first touch was generally OK and he worked very hard chasing and pressing when they had possession. Considering his lack of height and that it was the first time he's played in the sole striker role for us, I think he did well enough to warrant playing in that position in the next match. IMO he would be much more of a goal threat , if he just had an extra half yard of pace, but I guess that's why he's in League one.

Nick

Administrator
It does beg the question why he has effectively played him as attacking mid for the majority of the season.

I think there is too much stubbornness to play the same system even if it doesn't suit the players. He got moved deeper and then Bright shoved out wide to bring JCH on.

Mucca Mad Boys

It does beg the question why he has effectively played him as attacking mid for the majority of the season.

I think there is too much stubbornness to play the same system even if it doesn't suit the players. He got moved deeper and then Bright shoved out wide to bring JCH on.

Have you seen how far we press up the pitch when we get the ball? If a striker didn’t come deep the options for Kelly and Bayliss become limited. Several times Doyle, and now Kelly have been caught out because there’s no options for them when they get the ball deep.

We play good football and we create chances, we are very close to being a very good team in this league.

fernandopartridge

Contrary to some on here, I thought he did pretty well for the 60 minutes, when he was up top. He was pretty mobile, his first touch was generally OK and he worked very hard chasing and pressing when they had possession. Considering his lack of height and that it was the first time he's played in the sole striker role for us, I think he did well enough to warrant playing in that position in the next match. IMO he would be much more of a goal threat , if he just had an extra half yard of pace, but I guess that's why he's in League one.

Yes, I thought he did well, his movement is good. When JCH came on he anticipated a few flick ons and seemed to work better with him than he has been

Users who are viewing this thread