Chants for the Brum game (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

I’ll kick off...

‘The Roost is ours, The Roost is ours....The Roost is ooooooours.....you’d better go home....’

Ring Of Steel

Not sure why anyone would want to take the piss or hurl abuse at them, it’s not even as if there has ever been any serious heated rivalry with them- would be good to be loud & make a show alright, but don’t see why we’d feel the need to try and piss them off after they stepped up for us

ccfc1234

All for local rivalries but on this occasion would prefer to be vocal for CCFC and leave the derogatory taunting songs for other occasions.

Birmingham (The club) have helped us out and without the playing surface they provide I am not sure we would be playing am exciting brand of football and be challenging at the top of the league.

Ring Of Steel

Think we should have shit on the villa going for quite some time.
Would have thought we’ll have, “fuck the wasps, fuck Sisu, fuck the council and the Villa too” as well
I would have thought Villa would have a right old chuckle at that, they’d love it. Don’t see how that would annoy them at all.

I reckon it’s a case of being classy, loud all game but have a bit of respect. Not saying we don’t celebrate if we score or anything stupid like that but let’s do the right thing- the whole country is interested in this, I don’t want us to be seen as petty, obsessed with Villa (who are light years away from us at the moment), or a bunch of tossers for slating the team that helped keep the club afloat- all we have to do is do what we do best, sing & make a hell of a din all match, it’s all about supporting us, not having a pop at anyone else

rob9872

Their songbook will be...
Our grounds too big for you
You're supposed to be at home
Fk the EFL
Shit on the villa

Bugsy

In our Coventry homes and a redition of take me home Highfield Rd....PUSB

Gynnsthetonic

I'll be cringing if the whole ground was singing shit on the Villa, they don't give a fuck about us, there big rivals are and always were Blues and West Brom and maybe Wolves, I've never got this fascination of hating Aston Villa think it was because for a time we were the only sides from the West Midlands in the league

clint van damme

I'll be cringing if the whole ground was singing shit on the Villa, they don't give a fuck about us, there big rivals are and always were Blues and West Brom and maybe Wolves, I've never got this fascination of hating Aston Villa think it was because for a time we were the only sides from the West Midlands in the league

I agrre. Don't get me wrong, we've had some great games against them when we were both top flight and there is definitely rivalry, especially match day but there main rival by far is Blues.
I think our rivalry with Leicester is much bigger though many of their support also try to affect a rivalry with a club who aren't too bothered about them.
I remember the 2 games in 85 which were absolute carnage.
I'm sure the away game was one of the first, if not the first games moved to Sunday morning because of potential trouble . That didn't work.

LastGarrison

Too be fair it has happened before when we've played Blues.

And the whole cringfest that was 'We hate Villa more than you'.

Fact is if you were brought up watching Cov in the 90's then Villa were the fans rivals (Leicester was more off the pitch) and it definitely came down to them being the only local side we were playing.

If you were brought up in these times then Villa will always be your rivals and nothing is going to change it. I'm sure if this thing with Sunderland continues for a few more years then there will be a number of our younger fans who will consider them our main rivals.

That's just how football goes.

shmmeee

‘Who’s supposed to be at home’

giphy.gif

no_loyalty

Birmingham's a shit hole, we want to go home?

Users who are viewing this thread