Channel Orange (1 Viewer)

Otis

Never heard of him, but as per usual, willing to give anything a listen.

Is he related to Billy Ocean perchance?

ajsccfc

I assume you're over-egging it in the first post with it being new, but I've enjoyed the mixtapes and other stuff I heard so I'm planning to give it a pop. New Nas album next week too, good time for me.

Bertola

Love Frank Ocean's voice on the bits he does on Watch the throne, so I plan on giving this a go too

ajsccfc

Pretty much everything I've heard from this album ranges from very good to astonishingly good so far. I'm not going to spoil it by downloading it ahead of time, it's on the list same day as the new Nas.

Nick

Administrator
Ahhh I know who he is now :) Made in America and No Church in the Wild!!!

Love a bit of No Church in the Wild to wake me up in the morning :)

Otis

Yep, listened to one track on a US chat show and the bloke has a very good voice, but the song did nothing for me at all.

Macca

Yep good voice. Could be a generation thing. Black music never did much for me apart from reggae. However it now dominates the airwaves, radio 1, MTV,etc etc.

Otis

I used to like all the hip hop stuff and bands like Public Enemy, Grandmaster Flash and De La Soul. Can't say I am big on any of the stuff around now.

Macca

Pauses as realises the life stage he has entered with this comment but ........ It all sounds the bloody same!

ajsccfc

The point of no return is when you see a girl wearing little and your first thought is 'who let her leave the house like that?'

Otis

Or you see a pretty teenage girl walking down the street and you think to yourself '"She's nice" and then you realise she is walking side by side with her mother ....... who you went to school with!

ajsccfc

I can happily report I'm still the right side of perving without police intervention. It'll be a cold day when I cross that line.

Otis

Yeah, I certainly don't need police intervention to perv. Can quite happily do it without.

JWC

Yup, really good album. Monks is my stand out song. Suits these sunny days for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread