Changes to Sky Blues Talk ready for the new season? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Hello,

The new season is only a few days away and the debates should pick up, as well as the match reports but as this is a community I just wondered what you guys would like to see?

I know some people think the layout is complex, what is complex about it? How can I make it easier for you?

Do you want more features? The Arcade etc?

Let me know in here what you would like to make Sky Blues Talk addictive and get people sticking about! :)

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Hey Nick I think you'v done a great job on the new forum.

And with the "Latest Threads" bar on the main page and the "New Posts" bit at the top, the site is actually really easy to keep up with.

On the other hand it can get confusing because there is sometimes multiple threads on one subject (i.e. new signings), mods should move these to just one forum.

Also the descriptions of the "Coventry City General Chat" board and the "Sky Blue Tavern" board are both very similar stating that they are both areas to talk about CCFC related topics.... this might confuse new members and they might not know which board to go for (this also creates multiple threads).

To amend this I would personally change the description of the "Sky Blue Tavern" board to something like... off topic general chat. I would then move the "New Sky Blues" sub-board into "Coventry City General Chat".

I hope this makes sense :)

Nick

Administrator
I see what you mean. I must admit I haven't been on form moderating.

I also see what you mean about the Off Topic that it could be confusing, so I have renamed it Off Topic Chat ;)

CovInEssex

Hey Nick I think you'v done a great job on the new forum.

And with the "Latest Threads" bar on the main page and the "New Posts" bit at the top, the site is actually really easy to keep up with.

On the other hand it can get confusing because there is sometimes multiple threads on one subject (i.e. new signings), mods should move these to just one forum.

Also the descriptions of the "Coventry City General Chat" board and the "Sky Blue Tavern" board are both very similar stating that they are both areas to talk about CCFC related topics.... this might confuse new members and they might not know which board to go for (this also creates multiple threads).

To amend this I would personally change the description of the "Sky Blue Tavern" board to something like... off topic general chat. I would then move the "New Sky Blues" sub-board into "Coventry City General Chat".

I hope this makes sense :)

That makes a lot of sense. :) Good thnking.

I see your from the Norwich area. I just got back from Gt. Yarmouth, Lots of Caneries around there! Ha.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I see what you mean. I must admit I haven't been on form moderating.

I also see what you mean about the Off Topic that it could be confusing, so I have renamed it Off Topic Chat ;)

:) Ahhh you see... I talk sense occasionally lol

That makes a lot of sense. :) Good thnking.

I see your from the Norwich area. I just got back from Gt. Yarmouth, Lots of Caneries around there! Ha.

Yeah I know, tonnes around atm
sick0022.gif
I always feel the need to go hunting hehe

Users who are viewing this thread