Changes for tuesday (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

Who do you want to see in or out?

Personally I want fleck out, ricketts out and Maddison out. Replaced by Murphy for fleck, swede for ricketts (Martin in for cargill) and Henderson in for Maddison and actually play 442 with wingers and two up front.

Otis

Personally I want fleck out, ricketts out and Maddison out. Replaced by Murphy for fleck, swede for ricketts (Martin in for cargill) and Henderson in for Maddison and actually play 442 with wingers and two up front.
RCC

Lorentzson Stephens Martin Stokes

Fleck Vincelot

Rose Cole

Henderson Armstrong

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

For Tuesday & for the next couple of games at least ( I apologise if something similar has been posted in the other threads) but we have to go to 442, with Henderson starting with Armstrong, who we play wide is up for debate (Murphy & Rose?) but what we've currently been doing isn't working, yet we continue to pump long balls forward for AA to chase he's working his backside off but the majority are straight down the centre backs throats effectively we are playing for an error at the back by the opposition.

I have no issue playing direct especially Saturday at Blackpool on THAT pitch.

Get 60 minutes out of Henderson at both with AA playing off the last defenders shoulder, make the opposition think, instead of bread & butter balls to deal with also then defenders will be drawn into challenging Henderson leaving more gaps should he win the header for the ball to land in therefore allowing (in theory) Armstrong more space instead of being crowded out when a ball is lumped in his direction.

Any way I'm sure the above won't happen & for what it's worth my team for Tuesday would be-

RCC
Lorentzson Martin Stephens Stokes

Rose. Vincelot Fleck. Murphy

Henderson Armstrong

Subs
Addai
Ricketts
Hunt
Lameires
Maddison
Sambou
Tudgay

skybluepm2

I really wish he'd play our strongest 11 every week for consistency. I'd stick Lorentzsen right back, Stokes left, Ricketts and Stephens CB and also try and integrate Martin slowly back in to the mix. I'd persist with Fleck and Vincelot with the hope that they will regain form sooner rather than later. Murphy left, Cole middle and Maddison right. Obviously Arma up top. We need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and go back to when we were at our best. Can't be chopping and changing the likes of Hunt, Fortuné and Tudgay to 'see if it works'. We aren't in a position to gamble anymore, we must win the next 3 to stand any chance.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't think you can pick Fleck,Rose and Vincelot in a 442 so it would goodbye to Fleck as he would turn it into a 532 as he plays so deep.

Otis

I don't think you can pick Fleck,Rose and Vincelot in a 442 so it would goodbye to Fleck as he would turn it into a 532 as he plays so deep.
Why not? Rose is according to TM, a box to box player. That means he can link between both defence and attack, supporting both.

He is said to have a great a great engine and energy and he also has some physical presence too.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why not? Rose is according to TM is a box to box player. That means he can link between both defence and attack, supporting both.

He is said to have a great a great engine and energy and he also has some physical presence too.

he is a central player not a wide man just leave out the ever shit Fleck

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Why not? Rose is according to TM, a box to box player. That means he can link between both defence and attack, supporting both.

Agree get Lorentzson overlapping (who got in some fantastic forward positions yesterday but was not noticed by his team mates and when it was shifted across it was so so slow and the advantage he had made for himself had gone!)

fernandopartridge

Why is anybody advocating Henderson? He looked way off it at Barnsley. Tudgay deserves a start, I'd be inclined to leave Armstrong out as he's ineffective away from home.

AFCCOVENTRY

Bit harsh replacing Ricketts for a vegetable.

Otis

Why is anybody advocating Henderson? He looked way off it at Barnsley. Tudgay deserves a start, I'd be inclined to leave Armstrong out as he's ineffective away from home.
Advocating Henderson because we need a definitive change in system.

Also Henderson because Tudgay dropped completely out of the match day squad yesterday, which would very much point to him being injured.

The Lurker

Henderson hasn't been given a chance. Tudgay Tuesday at Barnsley was shocking. Agree Armstrong away from home is poor but he's our top goal scorer. Can't drop him and at times mowbary for some reason plays him on the wing away and again yesterday at times which is pointless

Otis

Also, Henderson's wife had just had a baby. Get the feeling sleepless nights might well have been a factor. If you remember he was left out of last Saturday's squad completely becuase his wife was having a baby.

Terry Gibson's perm

We have played him wide haven't we? I remember him coming on at the Ricoh and he was played wide right.

Thats a a sky blues thing bring in a player to play in x position and then play him in y and wonder why it doesn't work, we have had numerous managers who done the same thing Strachan was the best example all he cared about was having space for his golfing buddy Telfer and I am sure he played Boateng anywhere but his best position for a while.

Otis

Thats a a sky blues thing bring in a player to play in x position and then play him in y and wonder why it doesn't work, we have had numerous managers who done the same thing Strachan was the best example all he cared about was having space for his golfing buddy Telfer and I am sure he played Boateng anywhere but his best position for a while.
Errm yeah, but hang on a minute, TGP. We have no idea what position best suits Rose have we? We have hardly seen him play.

His profile just says midfielder. Only thing I have heard from TM is he is a box to box type player. Not heard him say he is a central midfielder.

Terry Gibson's perm

Errm yeah, but hang on a minute, TGP. We have no idea what position best suits Rose have we? We have hardly seen him play.

His profile just says midfielder. Only thing I have heard from TM is he is a box to box type player. Not heard him say he is a central midfielder.

I have seen seen him on sky playing for the Sounders and I am sure he played centrally, I always thought traditionally a box to box player tended to play centrally.

Sky Blue Kid

I can't believe what I'm reading! Just over a year ago I was constantly slagged off by SBTaylor for daring to say we should play 4-4-2. Now just about all on here are saying the same thing. How times change eh? There again I know nothing about football.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just ask him if he is the player to take us out of this mess.

Oh, that and if he has ever scored a hat trick!

Just one goal from a midfielder would be nice or having one that is holding hands with the centre backs, yes I have a real downer on Fleck but although dome seem to rate I think he has been poor most of the season

Otis

Just one goal from a midfielder would be nice or having one that is holding hands with the centre backs, yes I have a real downer on Fleck but although dome seem to rate I think he has been poor most of the season
I agree. I think Fleck is one piece of the misfiring, misfitting jigsaw.

I won't be sad to see him go. He is too inconsistent.

Sky Blue Kid

Fleck is another Beckham with nowhere near the talent. A one trick pony, and not a very good one at that!

Otis

Fleck is another Beckham with nowhere near the talent. A one trick pony, and not a very good one at that!
He has undoubted skill, but, he can't tackle, he is not that quick, fades badly from games and is also very inconsistent.

The phrase world beater to carpet beater very much comes to mind.

Seen so many more better midfielders play against us here at the Ricoh this season.

The amount of times I have said 'oh, I wish we had him in our team' about an opposition play maker, is quite telling.

Terry Gibson's perm

He has undoubted skill, but, he can't tackle, he is not that quick, fades badly from games and is also very inconsistent.

The phrase world beater to carpet beater very much comes to mind.

Seen so many more better midfielders play against us here at the Ricoh this season.

The amount of times I have said 'oh, I wish we had him in our team' about an opposition play maker, is quite telling.

Doesnt pass as the ball forwards and when he does its straight to the opposition.

Terry Gibson's perm

Oh go on then! You do know it is Mother's Day though.

I am hiding Otis bought her a top from next from the kids and got the look I expect to see it in the charity bag in six months time:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread