Championship agrees new FFP rules (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It is reported that agreement has been reached on new FFP rules for Championship clubs (pity we arent still in it!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17841566

Looks tough at first sight but I am puzzled why any expenses are excluded (costs of players and stadium build cost write downs are excluded) Surely both are essential to having a club ? For instance take the player write downs out of our 2010 accounts and we make £2m less loss per the FL.

(it is only for FL purposes - for accounts and tax the expenditure remains)

But I suppose it is a movement forward in terms of sustainable business

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Is it just me or does £6m sound a lot of money for an acceptable loss from 2014....... especially when accounting costs of past spending are excluded. Thats saying that losses per year of £8m + in proper accounting terms are acceptable (ie after write downs of contracts etc stadiums etc )

Like i say looks good and looks tough at first sight but is it really or have they just fudged the issue?

Wonder who the three teams were that voted against it ?

BurbageSkyBlues

my guess is that one of the three could be LCFC
might be West Ham (high wages, despite good crowds)
Possibly M'boro - they do not have particularly good crowds, a bit fickle like ours - their books may not balance too well?

The other thing to wonder - which 24 clubs? it has to be the existing ones, because we do not know (yet) who will be promoted from League 1, or into the PL, and who will be coming down from the PL.

Given that, then probably Pompey would vote against it.....they would be hoping for a sugar daddy this year, who would continue to invest next year and beyond....

Users who are viewing this thread