Centre backs (1 Viewer)

1966skyblue

If we continue to play Webster and and Seabourne at the back we will go down. They can't defend balls down the middle or over the top.

ccfc92

but as seen, none our our "defenders" can defend over the top

2 of bradfords goal came from over the top balls and the penalty aswel IIRC

stupot07

To be fair our defenders (and midfield) have struggle to defend over the top, through the midfield, crosses from wide and set pieces.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfc92

To be fair our defenders (and midfield) have struggle to defend over the top, through the midfield, crosses from wide and set pieces.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

what about passes on the floor? ;) you've said 3 out of 4 types of attacking ;)

stupot07

Completely agree. Shame we didn't manage to get Martin back.

stupot07

what about passes on the floor? ;) you've said 3 out of 4 types of attacking ;)

Yeah I forgot those!! You don't concede as many as we've done this season without struggling against all types tbf.

wingy

And Individual errors,and at significant moments ,I guess If an Individual error leads to a goal they become significant.

Grendel

I think the op's thread last week was to slag off murphy - lets hope this one has the same effect.

ccfc92

Yeah I forgot those!! You don't concede as many as we've done this season without struggling against all types tbf.

I can see why Leon may have lost his rag with the team, he did his bit, and constantly saw the defence leaking goals and losing 2 or 3 goal leads.

(I know footballs a team game, but you can't expect attack to be defending in their own half all the time)

skybluefred

When you have to scratch around for freebies and other clubs cast off's you have no chance
of building a promotion winning team. Thorn had the same problem and we got relegated.
If the unsavory mob that own us don't give Elvis money to spend we have no chance.

ccfc92

When you have to scratch around for freebies and other clubs cast off's you have no chance
of building a promotion winning team. Thorn had the same problem and we got relegated.
If the unsavory mob that own us don't give Elvis money to spend we have no chance.

oh dear, you mentioned THAT name ;)

ccfc92

also, don't forget to blame the stayaways :D

1966skyblue

Does anyone really think we're better off without the Edge now? OK, he wasn't a world beater, but I think he did the basics well most of the time.

Could certainly do with having another CB who's not untried to call upon!

The edge was better than both our current centre backs

pusbccfc

I'd have

Cyrus-Clarke-Willis-Adams Sunday.

stupot07

Does anyone really think we're better off without the Edge now? OK, he wasn't a world beater, but I think he did the basics well most of the time.

Could certainly do with having another CB who's not untried to call upon!

I think you have to remember he was also playing with a decent partner and infront of a largely defensive midfield with Bailey and Jennings playing as defensive midfielders in a 5 man midfield. He wasn't left as exposed as our back 4 have been this season.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think you have to remember he was also playing with a decent partner and infront of a largely defensive midfield with Bailey and Jennings playing as defensive midfielders in a 5 man midfield. He wasn't left as exposed as our back 4 have been this season.

True, although I think he was more mobile than our current two (and that says quite a lot as he wasn't exactly the quickest or the smallest builds)

Grendel

Grendel

Not suggesting we bring him back; but I think he'd offer us a bit more had we still had him than our current two (hyperthetically)

Rees brown has just been signed by a team in a higher league than bury. What about him?

J

Jack Griffin

If the club want to avoid relegation they should bring in a better quality centre half till the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread