CCFC Vs Derby, Crowd Trouble (1 Viewer)

Glenn Storer

Really quite disappointed that a lot of people, Sky included have insinuated that today's flare up in Block 16 was due to City fans. I was in amongst that right from the very start and can hand on heart say that A) If the SISU out banners and chants had not been stamped on by stewards City fans wouldn't have gotten angry, B) The officer in block 15/16 who had no idendification lapel on his uniform had not pushed a fan into the chairs in a completely unprovoked and needless attack today would have floated on in a really positive atmosphere.

To blame the fans for what happened is really disappointing. I accept that it distracted the players, but even Andy Thorn defended the fans by saying he understands our frustrations. This is England, to not be able to peacefully protest whether you agree with the subject is wrong on a serious level and the way football fans in this country are treated like some kind of second class citizen is just sickening and that's why tempers blew over today.

Just my two cents, really don't want to start any SISU discussions. We're stuck with them atm lads, get used to it. If they leave it's admin and that could spell an AFC Coventry future, something I hope none of us want.

PUSB.

Jimthor

From where i was up in block 15, what i saw was a policeman pushing a fan down, causing him to fall a couple of rows, seemingly unprovoked. Not surprised things got nasty. Far too heavy-handed from the authorities, they need to think about how they handle things. Can totally understand why there was anger in the stands. As much as nobody likes scenes like what we saw, it's good to see the sky blue army standing by one another.

R

ricohforever

mindless holliganism if you ask me. mindless idiots. they made themselves as low as the copper who started it. Everyone who ran from top of stand were thugs who have no place at the ricoh. IT DIDNT EVEN INVOLVE THEM.

Glenn Storer

mindless holliganism if you ask me. mindless idiots. they made themselves as low as the copper who started it. Everyone who ran from top of stand were thugs who have no place at the ricoh. IT DIDNT EVEN INVOLVE THEM.

Agree fans didn't need to get invovled and I've never backed the ones who ran down, I however am very very angry about the force used by officers.

cloughie

Think you should review your comments to 'mindless holliganism if you ask me. mindless idiot the copper who started it. Everyone who behaves like this are thugs who have no place at the ricoh. IT DIDNT EVEN NEED TO INVOLVE THEM ( the police)

pusbccfc

I wouldn't go as far as hooligans, i sat at the top and i couldn't see anyone from around the top half go down.
Plus he was getting shoved about by 6police officers all the fans were only trying to split them up, it got out of had when the police came at started trying to IMO fight the coventry fans down.

I'm fed up with all this, oh in block 15 there not real fans there hooligans.
At least we make an effort to get behind the team.

Glenn Storer

I wouldn't go as far as hooligans, i sat at the top and i couldn't see anyone from around the top half go down.
Plus he was getting shoved about by 6police officers all the fans were only trying to split them up, it got out of had when the police came at started trying to IMO fight the coventry fans down.

Absolutely agree with the perceived view that the "Naughty Corner" boys are just hooligans. Me and my old man moved over for the atmosphere after the sterile conditions in the CET stand and the constant moaning by other fans about certain players. Get behind the lads and stand together, just like Block 15-16 did today.

Norman Binns

I’m not usually one for defending unruly behaviour but I can understand the reaction of some supporters at the heavy handed manner in which the stewards acted. It’s their arrogance that gets my gander up. I could box their ears and wring their necks.

Aside from being unnecessary it was totally counter productive. They drew far more attention to the situation than supporters could have done alone.

Sky_Blue_Daz

But The copper that startd it all was asking ONE Bloke to sit Down, surely the copper should ahve asked the crowd at the back of block 15 to sit down instead

SkyBlue_Bear83

Stupid and didn't need to happen. After the stewards display against Watford where they were lucky they didn't start anything surely they would realise the smallest spark could kick something off.

A bit of common sense and it could have been avoided.

georgehudson

I was there, and witnessed the over reactive efforts by both 'orange umpah lumpahs', (No.26, you're time is up), and the police,
Upon entering the ground i engaged in conversation with a steward who confirmed that 'no banners' would be allowed into the ground.
Subsequently the hogwash after the game from the 'facilities' director of CCFC on CWR reference 'fire certificates' was an unbelievable bout/piece of ****
The whole episode smacks of a dictatorial regime, that think they can steamroller all & sundry to suit themselves, so as to avoid any media backlash.
More PR own goals from sisu !!!!!!!!!!
More, and purposefully, to the point, well done you boys in SKY BLUE, keep it going, stick & stay with the cause, the real fans are with you............

PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

Nothing like a bit of adversity to get the Sky Blues fans behind our team! If the protests happen at every home game, and it so happens to get the crowd going by whatever means, we might just finally find ourselves with the elusive Fortress Ricoh atmosphere at last! Not to mention that the opposition fans are usually too baffled to remember to support their team, ha ha. Maybe it's all an Orwellian-Machiavellian masterplan by SISU? 2 games with badly handled protests, 2 great atmospheres, 4 points. Keep it up lads, we can go on a huge unbeaten run like this!

Cv2Padsta

Mindless idiots??? Where do these drongos come from?

Blocks 15 & 16 are the only good thing about the Ricoh, it's the only place real supporters can meet to get behind the team.

If a muppet like you can just stand there watching fellow supporters getting fragged by old bill for standing up for summit they believe in the piss off to the other side of the ricoh

Last edited:

ccfctommy

TBF the stewards didn't do anything terribly wrong it was the police. I'm not anti-police at all but they were discraceful yesterday. I did notice for some reason there was far more police in the ground than usual.

Antagonising the fans is only going to turn people away.

sky_blue_up_north

This is exactly the type of event that is guaranteed to alienate SISU from the fans. It seemed to me the whole incident started when the tiny SISU out flag was removed from the Telegraph stand, with what seemed to very heavy handed stewards kicking the owner out. So we now start booting out loyal fans,,:thinking about: Totally over the top reaction, did they actually say to guys, look you need a certificate bollocks, no the just waded in. SISU you don't need a shovel to dig the hole, looks like you have forged one yourselves (If they were not directly involved with stadium policy). I think the club needs to serious look at stewarding, and police at the Ricoh. It getting like a failed marriage when the trust the has gone and there is going back, this applies to the Steward, Police and SISU. Not sure how this going to repaired or if its even possible. The Reading game have the same issues as fans start to say enough is enough, more flags more protests. If the club/stewards etc just ignored the tiny flag, I think the whole SISU would slowly fade away. We don't live if a dictatorship and this country is founded on Freedom of Speech. About time the so called authorities realise that as well

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, you'd never want to have ex-sex with SISU. Shudder. There would be no Joy in that whatsoever :(

From an away fan's perspective:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/derbycounty/fb_news.php?storyid=14003

"In the stands, behind the goal, a swarm of stewards descend upon a flag. “SISU OUT” but it’s the Orange jackets that eject as boos abound. Bully boy tactics suppressing free speech.

No sooner had that ended than we were treated to a plethora of Police pouncing on one individual in the Tesco Stand.

It takes more than four to lead him away, and in the melee one supporter is sent tumbling down concrete steps by the strong arm of the law. Predictably it kicks off and the cops come under attack by the irate Coventry fans.

And in a nutshell if you treat your “customers” like that no wonder that less than 13,000 home supporters bother even at half price."

Nonleagueherewecome

It seems that everyone with common sense agrees on this one. It is good to see how fans of other clubs stick together when it comes to this sort of thing. So many fans have been through something similar-and a fair few have personal experience of Kenny boy! It reminds me of a quote about politicians:

"Each of them has more in common with each other than any of them has in common with the man on the street".

cloughie

Agreed just because people are in block 15 doesn't make them hooligans. The trouble was caused by the police and most of the fans involved were middle aged, hardly the stereotype hooligan that Ricohforever mindlessly portrays.

My view of events;

1. Around 20 stewards taking a SISU Banner and man handling 2 fans in the CET Stand. The whole stadium reacted badly to this causing SISU Out Chanting.
2. Disgraceful and over zealous stewarding supported by the police in Block 15.

This came close to causing a full scale riot and the Police officer and stewards involved should be charged for inciting a riot and banned from the stadium, much as any fan causing trouble would be. The situation only calmed down when the Police pulled back.

Going even beyond the incident itself, the instructions on what action to take against any banners / demonstrators must have been issued by the Board / SISU. Why have they not been questioned about this as they have already destroyed our club and are now alienating all fans against them. If a Manager had lost confidence in such a way with the fans his position would be deemed untenable and he would be sacked. Show some class SISU and walk now before you embarrass our club and yourselves further.

eastwoodsdustman

I was sat right next to the trouble yesterday. My take on it was as follows... The bloke arguing about the Police number wouldnt let it go. The copper talking to him threatened to throw him out and eventually the guy settled down. Just as he shut up two other copper came over and grabbed him as much to fist coppers surprise as anyone elses. In the melee that followed another copper backed into an innocent bloke and accidently knocked him down the stairs cue the charge from the back of the stand. The Stewards were nowhere at this point. The police had lost control of the situation and were getting a pasting. The Stewards came over and ordered the police away and made them go down the tunnel out of the way.
As far as I'm concerned the whole situation was caused by two coppers who jumped in without speaking to their colleague who had sorted the whole thing out. Anyone who thinks that the stewards did anything but diffuse the whole thing must have had blinkers on. As far as I'm concerned the Stewards were spot on yesterday and put the coppers to shame in the way they dealt with it all.

mrsbird

My view of events;

1. Around 20 stewards taking a SISU Banner and man handling 2 fans in the CET Stand. The whole stadium reacted badly to this causing SISU Out Chanting.
2. Disgraceful and over zealous stewarding supported by the police in Block 15.

This came close to causing a full scale riot and the Police officer and stewards involved should be charged for inciting a riot and banned from the stadium, much as any fan causing trouble would be. The situation only calmed down when the Police pulled back.

Going even beyond the incident itself, the instructions on what action to take against any banners / demonstrators must have been issued by the Board / SISU. Why have they not been questioned about this as they have already destroyed our club and are now alienating all fans against them. If a Manager had lost confidence in such a way with the fans his position would be deemed untenable and he would be sacked. Show some class SISU and walk now before you embarrass our club and yourselves further.

Me and my husband r season ticket holders and we r in block 16 the man did nothing for the police to do what they did grab him around the neck when there were young kids around was so bang out of order they didn't need to use so much force on him the 2 policemen made it more than what the problem was about all he was doing was saying sisu out and that is what it was all about

Ernie Machin

Without being too dramatic about it, football fans in this country are still treated like second class citizens. Maybe if these lads with the banner had been looting the Tesco outside, they'd have been ok. /tabloid

I didn't see what happened with this, so I can't really comment. But the bad attitude of CERTAIN stewards/police is an issue across the country - I remember being at a game in Liverpool and asking a copper where the nearest toilet was and him telling me to 'fucking do one'.

R

ricohforever

I was sat right next to the trouble yesterday. My take on it was as follows... The bloke arguing about the Police number wouldnt let it go. The copper talking to him threatened to throw him out and eventually the guy settled down. Just as he shut up two other copper came over and grabbed him as much to fist coppers surprise as anyone elses. In the melee that followed another copper backed into an innocent bloke and accidently knocked him down the stairs cue the charge from the back of the stand. The Stewards were nowhere at this point. The police had lost control of the situation and were getting a pasting. The Stewards came over and ordered the police away and made them go down the tunnel out of the way.
As far as I'm concerned the whole situation was caused by two coppers who jumped in without speaking to their colleague who had sorted the whole thing out. Anyone who thinks that the stewards did anything but diffuse the whole thing must have had blinkers on. As far as I'm concerned the Stewards were spot on yesterday and put the coppers to shame in the way they dealt with it all.

that is exactly how i saw it too. very disappointed to here that stewards getting blamed. they are after all doing their job. taking orders.

celticlad

crowd trouble vs Derby

Im a Celtic lad and would like to say well done to the boys who got involved last week, the trouble that happened wasnt desired but sometimes it has to happen to make a point. A group of Celtic fans(the Green Brigade) are fighting for certain rights at Celtic park. We as fans pay a lot of hard earnes cash to follow there team so are entitled to voice there opinion. if that had happened outside a pub then would it have been such a big deal?? A quote from the legend Big Jock Stein '' Football is nothing without the fans '' Members of the board etc take note

Well done the fans of CCFC

kdrinkell

If you are talking about the singing of pro ira songs then this Celtic fan is not behind you on this,also this footage at the Ricoh never happened last week.

I recall in the 70's once standing in my swimming trunks outside Cov baths because a bomb scare from brain dead ira morons,let the past go,the political wing of the ira signed the good Friday peace agreement so just let it go FFS

Users who are viewing this thread