CCFC & The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Were CCFC Finacially Viable at the Ricoh?

• Yes

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters

RoboCCFC90

Without trying to bait an almighty thread of differences and arguments, please base this on the previous rental agreement with ACL.

James Smith

Can't vote via mobile but probably not based on the reported break even attendances of the original agreement and it needed negotiating.

duffer

I'd say yes. Even at 1.2m, the break-even attendance to pay the rent is just 2,300.

The rent was not the driving factor behind the debt that the club built up whilst at the Ricoh.

James Smith

I'd say yes. Even at 1.2m, the break-even attendance to pay the rent is just 2,300.

The rent was not the driving factor behind the debt that the club built up whilst at the Ricoh.

Yes my mistake you're correct, the break even attendance figure that was banded around was weighted by the debts the club had.

RoboCCFC90

The reason I ask Andreas is because I don't believe CCFC were viable now this isn't down solely to the rent, player wages, attedances figures and lack of matchday revenue, but from taking a quick scribble of last season based on the variables I mentioned CCFC would have been -£137,920 overall, before paying company salaries and so forth, hence the point I am really trying to make here everyone wants CCFC to return to the Ricoh (this much is obvious) the last rental deal on offer would have made CCFC finacially viable, but only slightly. To be competitive CCFC need to increase there revenue this much is obvious, but how can CCFC do that at the Ricoh if rent deals are only what ACL/CCC are to offer?

RoboCCFC90

And Robo how can they do it at Sixfields? or by splashing out £30-£40M on a new ground?

RR I am not defending Sixfields or insisting they can do it any better at Stadia El Legoland. I put the Ricoh as my example because a) I want us to be at the Ricoh in Coventry but also b) to be a financially sound business model at the Ricoh. This is only fair, I will not defend what Sisu are doing because it's wrong, but for it change from what I am seeing things at the Ricoh must change or what is on offer at the least.

The Gentleman

The reason I ask Andreas is because I don't believe CCFC were viable now this isn't down solely to the rent, player wages, attedances figures and lack of matchday revenue, but from taking a quick scribble of last season based on the variables I mentioned CCFC would have been -£137,920 overall, before paying company salaries and so forth, hence the point I am really trying to make here everyone wants CCFC to return to the Ricoh (this much is obvious) the last rental deal on offer would have made CCFC finacially viable, but only slightly. To be competitive CCFC need to increase there revenue this much is obvious, but how can CCFC do that at the Ricoh if rent deals are only what ACL/CCC are to offer?

Have you taken onto account all sponsorship deals, merchandise, TV money and corporate days etc? Are you taking about the latest rental deal for this season for free and 100k for 2 seasons after that only making us slightly financially viable?

RoboCCFC90

Have you taken onto account all sponsorship deals, merchandise, TV money and corporate days etc? Are you taking about the latest rental deal for this season for free and 100k for 2 seasons after that only making us slightly financially viable?

I will include all that now and let you know the result as I hadn't previously. I have accounted for the latest rent offer by the way.

The reason I didn't previously is because surely the revenue made from the Stadium has to be the basis to build upon,which from some of these scribbles it doesn't look as if so.

Last edited:

AndreasB

Not exactly a YES/NO then is it?

ccfcway

simply maths (which RFC has disagreed with, but not said why)

Ricoh - 23 games x 10,000 fans x £15 per ticket = £3.45 million. Take off the £1.3 million rent and that = £2.15 million
Sixfields - 23 games x 3000 fans x £15 per ticket = £1.04 million. Lets say its rent free at Sixfields = £1.04 million.

Even at the crazy rental costs, the club would have made far in excess of £1 million extra by staying at the Ricoh, this season alone !

RoboCCFC90

simply maths (which RFC has disagreed with, but not said why)

Ricoh - 23 games x 10,000 fans x £15 per ticket = £3.45 million. Take off the £1.3 million rent and that = £2.15 million
Sixfields - 23 games x 3000 fans x £15 per ticket = £1.04 million. Lets say its rent free at Sixfields = £1.04 million.

Even at the crazy rental costs, the club would have made far in excess of £1 million extra by staying at the Ricoh, this season alone !

That's fair enough with regards to the simple maths, but you have to account for players wages or else it stands no bearing now roughly this season I would say we are spending £1,742,000 a year on Wages, include that into your maths and it's less than half a million, which isn't good.

lordsummerisle

That's fair enough with regards to the simple maths, but you have to account for players wages or else it stands no bearing now roughly this season I would say we are spending £1,742,000 a year on Wages, include that into your maths and it's less than half a million, which isn't good.

Plus around 30 games at £10,000 per game for "costs", and it gets a lot less.

RoboCCFC90

Plus around 30 games at £10,000 per game for "costs", and it gets a lot less.

It goes from being half a million to half then that instantly, with merchandise sales and TV Revenues, it might bump it up by £2,000,000 (That's generous) but how does that make CCFC competitive going forward?

ccfcway

so less than half a million profit at the ricoh, or minus £700k at Sixfields !

RoboCCFC90

so less than half a million profit at the ricoh, or minus £700k at Sixfields !

I see your point, how do people expect us to be competitive and sustainable going forward?

ccfcway

I see your point, how do people expect us to be competitive and sustainable going forward?

How much do we get from the league each season

Am i right in thinking, the two major incomes at the moment are 1) ticket sales, 2) league money
and the two major expenditures are 1) wages 2) rent

Is that correct ?

Otis

I would bat the ball right back over the net Rob and ask, have CCFC ever been finacially viable?

The Gentleman

It goes from being half a million to half then that instantly, with merchandise sales and TV Revenues, it might bump it up by £2,000,000 (That's generous) but how does that make CCFC competitive going forward?

Also, what about money in for things like Leon Clarke? no outgoings on other players with loans and frees. The wages will be less after the bomb squad scenario and you can bet your bottom dollar that the recent loans are not on anything like Leon was on.

Grendel

The average ticket revenue averaged £10 per ticket sold so that's nonsense.

wingy

Tthere seems to be something wrong with the figures being bandied about in this thread . I thought the widely held perception that the difference between Playing In either venue comes at a cost to SISU of circa £2.5M. to £3M.

With a player sale and a decent cup run like this season it's been said that SISU have covered their costs while Located @ Sixfields .

I seriously doubt that when considering all the other costs beside the playing side of the Club,however It's entirely possible that we could have had a break even season @ the RICOH given the same outcome to our season,and assuming those figures .

On the matter of Matchday costs,If NTFC are charging us none then their fans and the League should be looking at third party ownership/Aid Implications .The matter of Matchday Costs @ the RICOH are confusing as It's been debated so much It's hard to remember anything ,But fisher made a big point about the club paying them along with the Escrow being drained amounting to £800K.,whether that means they were Included I do not know ,but when recently offered Fees only he refered to them as rent.

shmmeee

Sorry, but player wages are nothing to do with where we're playing. And are related to success on the pitch (far more important financially than anything else).

Why on earth would you compare them unless you're desperate to prove some point?

Grendel

are you suggesting "costs" are on top of the £1.3 million rent ?, meaning we were actually paying (or being asked to pay) over £1.5 million ?

Yes that is the arrangement and also ticket sales never were more than £10 per person even at its peak

wingy

The average ticket revenue averaged £10 per ticket sold so that's nonsense.

Not good business on their part was It ,way too cheap for the team they were running ,Suicide.We've all been paying Circa £20-£25 to watch us In this shitty division away this season.

Astute

It is a no brainer. If we wouldn't be viable in the Ricoh we have no chance in Northampton.

So we get a cheap rent deal for the Ricoh. We would have to pay match day costs. £1 per person at most.

SISU buy the freehold for the Ricoh. We would have match day costs, interest payments and maintenance costs of the arena. It would come to much more than the rent.

The Gentleman

Without trying to bait an almighty thread of differences and arguments, please base this on the previous rental agreement with ACL.

Could you have put in your poll the 400k a year rental with access offer or the latest offer rent free and 100k for 2 years after. I'm just curious as to why you didn't because we ALL know the rent was too high for L1 but with other offers on the table I am not sure what it is exactly you are driving at.

ccfcway

Yes that is the arrangement and also ticket sales never were more than £10 per person even at its peak

Thanks Grendal. So, £10 x 10,900 x 23 = £2.5 million. Minus the £1.5 million rent is £1 million profit

That correct ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread